Day 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 6

Hi abpackers (oooh that doesn't sound too good does it)

Welcome Laura,
    Wishing you every success as we tackle the gorrilla together.:d We have all tried many things before coming here and finding what works (and what doesn't:rolleyes ).

Donna, how exciting for you and your family! My nine year old always says, " I wish we had an RV". He thinks he'll grow up, get a job and live in one!:eek

Love,
    Lori

Comment

Day 6

Hi everyone, I enjoyed reading all your posts and am glad to hear that everyone is still on board, close calls or not! My husband went out of town yesterday. That's usually a HUGE one-woman party for me (how horrible) where I drink as much as I want without having to hide it, then pass out when I can't drink anymore. Sounds like fun huh?
      Well I was worried about last night, being all by myself. I'm terrified of being bored, I think it's part of the reason I drink. I get agitated very easily (I'm adult ADHD and can't take my meds while pregnant - it's a nightmare). Anyway, I went to the library and picked up plenty of books and magazines, and I was perfectly happy last night. The only thing I overdid was the ice cream after dinner.
      I have a question - is there anyone who has done this, quit drinking because you were pregnant? I'm just curious if there's anyone else here who has gone through this. I'm so scared that I didn't quit in time, and I'm scared that I'm still craving every so often, though not as much. I also quit smoking when I found out, and quit taking my ritalin. So things have been very difficult for me to adjust too.
      Nancy, thanks for the advice and the well-wishes (I'm a half-southerner - went to school in TN - so I LOVE my sweet tea). You're right, I don't want my child to grow up with a drinking mom. It's why I immediately quit smoking too. In addition to it being bad for the health of the fetus, I would also just be so ashamed to have my child see me blow smoke around his/her sweet little pink lungs. Ack.
      Have a wonderful day everyone. Aution - I ADORE camping. Unfortunately, it usually involves a lot of beer for me, so I haven't had the courage to go yet without that.

Comment

Day 6

how embarassing

OK, so I had a lot of craving last night...
        Well when I went to my pill box this morning, I realized that the last time i filled the boxes, I didn't put in the Campral!!
        Well, i guess I know it's doing its thing -- back on track today.
        OOOPPPPSSSSS
        Peggy

Comment

Day 6

Checking In

Just a note to say I am still with you. Today was garage painting day for me, or I should say day 1 of what is looking to be a several day project. Should keep me busy and out of trouble. Glad to hear we are still picking up new members and that the group seems to be doing so well. I am proud of all of us.

Comment

Day 6

Re: Checking In

Hey y'all,

Day 30 out of 31 here. Keepin' that gorilla caged up tight!

Welcome Laura, Sylvia and all newbies... As always, it's great to see you "old bees" too! No time for a REAL post tonight... Just checking in for "roll call".

HUGZ,
            HAPPY NOT HUNGOVER THURSDAY Y'ALL!

Comment

Day 6

Re: Checking In

Welcome to Absville Laura! We'd love to have you join us. You'll find lots of support here, and wonderful people to entertain you too!

Jane, girl you got a month!!! I'm so thrilled for you! You are SO officially The Bomb right now! :lol :d

Deirdre

Comment

Working...
              X