Day 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3

Whew boy, So much to respond to. Gonna be a good month. Hi everyone. I love readin everyones posts. Thanks Deidre for doin it again and Susan (are you our co-anchor ?). I have been just messin around at home gettin things done and poppin in and out on general discussion. Please read my guess what. The topa has had an extreme effect on the taste of beer for me. Great news. I have been on 100mg and today I go to 150. I am sure I wont go up any higher if I even stay that high. Having a few side effects like finger and feet tingles and a little to much of the draggies. Not gettin enough done. Lucky to get in a workout. I may have a little cravings, but now that I know that beer taste like crap...I know I wont drink cuz thats all I ever drank. I just wonder what will happen to me when I dont take topa. What a wuss I am. Humm, But with the topa....today I am on day 27. My plan is to stay on for at least 12 weeks. Try to get the maximum bene's of the weight loss, the most time of breaking the habit of evening drinking. Doin the supps and detoxing. But all with the topa. CV.....we're probably gonna pick on you now...but in your knowledge can GABA be taken with prozac too? I dont know why but for some reason I have not mixed those. Cant remember if I read it or what. And also what about a supp for a bit of engery mixed with the prozac? I know of a website that you can do drug contradictions (or whatever) but doesnt check against supps. Hopefully you guys know what Im talkin about so often I dont even know what Im talkin about.
    Anyway, bye gotta get the workout in before I get distracted. gabs

Comment

Day 3

magic mirror + Romper Room?

I always waited for her to say my name, but she never did :

oh, well...gotta have something for "the circle" :lol

PR

Comment

Day 3

lol, you guys are funny. Our bodies are very funny things and the alcohol and diet has already caused serious imbalances of our systems, nutritionally and hormonally. Insulin is a hormone as well, but yes, PR, you are right to be cautionary.
        I will say though that I will not ever just recommend something that I have read and not tried. Fortunately, my Ms. Hyde only appears with the alcohol and it's been a few days for that:happy

I'll do a more thorough post on all of the hormones, but be aware that chemical cousin doesn't mean the same and DHEA supplementation isn't the same as testosterone supplementation and you won't grow whiskers with DHEA or the parent Pregnenolone:lol I do want to add though. For all of those who are overweight and of a certain age, gender doesn't count here (yes me too) each of those pesky little fat cells creates estrogen, and the more estrogen you have in your body and blood, the harder it is to lose weight! Male or female, doesn't matter on this little tidbit.

Anyway, I'll do a simple post that's explanatory about all of that in the GD board. As for the GABA and prozac, they work in different ways and the GABA is used in all of your cells and doesn't cross the blood brain barrier completely, while prozac works specifically inside of the brain on the receptors and reuptake, so there wouldn't really be any interaction there. No competition or depletion.

Okay, back to the lab or the books...

Comment

Day 3

thanks cv.....I wonder what i'm thinkin about. Maybe its the engery thing mixed with prozac...? gabby

Comment

Day 3

Hi all,

I do have to add a cautionary note on the DHEA. This is a hormone that CAN be converted to testosterone in the endocrine cascade, so any woman who has hormonal issues may be better off avoiding this form.

I have PCOS, which is a hormonally wacky condition and was totally warned off of DHEA by my doctor due to this issue. 7-Keto DHEA is a form that cannot, or is less easily, converted to testosterone and may be safer - does that fit with the books CV? I am too lazy to look that up :lol I think more expensive, of course, but should not grow whiskers. In any case, this stuff should not be messed with lightly.

Thanks for all your hard research,
            Pansy

Comment

Day 3

Good mornin all...
              Just a quick check in as company coming today, (AF) yea!!!!!!!!! Don't have to make the decision to drink or not!:happy
              Finally figured out how to work my new food processer so we have verrry shredded slaw!:happy

I've really got to find time to sit down and read back post....you gurys are having toooo much fun without me!
              It's ok.......I'll catch up when everybody goes home and the fireworks die down!!

Yes!!!!!!!!! Bi-polar is a big issue for excess drinking people!!! It calms down the "mania". Which in my case is mild compared to some people. Check it out on Goggle!!
              Drinking only makes the depression side worse because acohol is a depressant. DUH.....It's like living on a rollercoaster.... Way up...then way down!! Sometimes all in the same day!
              Enough of that ....

Please be good boys ands girls this week and stay safe!

Blessings from the funny farm!
              Nancy & Belle:d :d :d
              8)

Comment

Day 3

Damn, it is a good day to wake up without a hangover. I LOVE the morning after a AF day. Glad to be on the abs train with all of you.

Comment

Day 3

Hi guys!!
                  it's great to be here on day 3. It's amazing and saddenning that just a couple of weeks ago by this time of day I would be trashed and sleeping it off...
                  I agree with Deirdre - being selfish right nows is the best thing we can do for ourselves AND others. The sooner we are whole, the more present we can be for our loved ones...
                  Guess what?? I went on a DATE last night. I am just getting back into dating after years of recovering from an abusive marriage. Had a good time last night - no drinking - didn't even want to. Hope he had a good time, too. We'll see how it goes.....
                  Peggy

Comment

Day 3

Oh my gosh peggy, we need to talk!
                    I'm gonna have a date comin up. Maybe two. I'm scared to death. I had lots of those but that was 25 years ago. I feel like Im in highschool again. I said I was NOT....I say was Not gonna let anyone in till.....well I dont know when. But I dont think it was now. And here I am....on the verge. Very nervous. Open for any feedback on this one guys. I think I value what you all have to say right now than any of my so called friends anyway. Jennah....I know you can vouch for that. Anyway, I know I am staying AF which will keep me smarter. So at least that is good. With this topa and all I will probably be a boring date and just fall asleep |I . That otta keep it safe I guess. Such a chicken I am.....gabby

Comment

Day 3

Good for you Gabby, sorry I don't have any advice, as I have been married for 15 yrs and forget TOTALLY what it is like to date also!!

The thought scares me to death! Sorry, but I am VERY insecure!!:eek

Mary Anne:h

Comment

Day 3

Yesto,

Congrats on your first day of abs on the board! It is so nice to not have fuzzy head! Feels good, no? Toxins bad!!!

I am good withh 3 days too!:P

Pansy

Comment

Day 3

OMG PR... YES yes yes... Romper Room and MISS JUNE!!! LOL

Ok, and now I see my "special friends" Gabby and Nancy too! 8o

You guessed it... I'm STILL hangin' round in my stupid jammies... But I DID walk for 20 minutes! IN my jammies... round and round and round inside the house... REALLY fast... WITH my majic mirror in tow...

Whew... I'm pooped... think I'll take a nap

Comment

Day 3

30 days sober sounds good

Hi folks,

I'm new here. The last night I drank was saturday. Yesterday I felt weak and crappy. Even today I'm still a little fuzzy. I'm more appalled at my behavior, a little too old to have to sleep over, I'm still trying to party like I'm 21, and I can't get away with it any more. Where did my dignity go? 10 years of drinking will do that, those hangovers get worse! I just turned 29, and hate to say that I've wasted most of this decade getting wasted. I'm glad to be among folks who know what the struggle feels like. I'm glad to be here to say, "I want to quit" and to be supported for it. I would like my thirties to be healther and more productive. Heck maybe even try to heal from the very thing that broke my heart and keeps me drinking. I guess I can tell that story elsewhere, or another day.

What are some good threads to read, and post my own story in? I'm pretty green here. I'm thinking of ordering the CD's, my addiction is more emmotional. I'm a binge drinker, so I usually only drink hard about once a week, sometimes more sometimes less. I don't think I have a physical addiction, so I hope the hypnotherapy can work for me. Anyone els tried it, and what would be the appropriate threads to read about that too?

Thanks for being here. Knowing there are others who want to quit and struggle is helpful. I hope I can be supportive as much as I'll need your support.

Take care, and make today an abstinence day!

Debbie

Comment

Day 3

30 days sober sounds good

Hi folks,

I'm new here. The last night I drank was saturday. Yesterday I felt weak and crappy. Even today I'm still a little fuzzy. I'm more appalled at my behavior, a little too old to have to sleep over, I'm still trying to party like I'm 21, and I can't get away with it any more. Where did my dignity go? 10 years of drinking will do that, those hangovers get worse! I just turned 29, and hate to say that I've wasted most of this decade getting wasted. I'm glad to be among folks who know what the struggle feels like. I'm glad to be here to say, "I want to quit" and to be supported for it. I would like my thirties to be healther and more productive. Heck maybe even try to heal from the very thing that broke my heart and keeps me drinking. I guess I can tell that story elsewhere, or another day.

What are some good threads to read, and post my own story in? I'm pretty green here. I'm thinking of ordering the CD's, my addiction is more emmotional. I'm a binge drinker, so I usually only drink hard about once a week, sometimes more sometimes less. I don't think I have a physical addiction, so I hope the hypnotherapy can work for me. Anyone els tried it, and what would be the appropriate threads to read about that too?

Thanks for being here. Knowing there are others who want to quit and struggle is helpful. I hope I can be supportive as much as I'll need your support.

Take care, and make today an abstinence day!

Debbie

Comment

Day 3

Peggy and Gabby,

Sorry, but I'm so strict about dating it might seem like a blast from the 50's (before my time) but here's my two cents for someone who's just started trying to quit drinking and it is harsh: Don't Do It!!! You need to spend time and focus on yourself, and dating someone will just be a distraction, with the potential to f up your head (if you like him that is). Having said that, you know what's best for you, so do what you gotta do sisters. But, do not let him or anyone take your goals regarding alcohol and your life away from the forefront of your mind. This is about your survival, without your life you will have no more dates, ever. There will be plenty of time for that when you're stronger.

Like I said I'm very strict with dating, and I've found that the guys that are interested in me will play by my rules (so to speak). Good or bad, men are natural predators and they love the chase, so it all works out (win-win situation) when I put them off or slow them down at least. I've had boyfriends, one after the other since I was 18, and now I'm so glad to be single (even though it can be lonely at times) so that i can focus on me. No drama? Works for me. So, why invite the possibility of stress and drama into your life right now? Make up an excuse why you can't date right now, tell them to try you again in a few weeks, months or however long you think it'll take to build up your strength and truly be ready to take dating on.

Now, why did I just go and write all that when I know you vixens are probably dolling up right now for your hot dates :lol !! I reluctantly hope you have a good time :lol ...

Deirdre

Comment

Working...
                                X