Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3

Re: 30 days sober sounds good

Hi Debbie, Welcome! You can post your story on the My story string, and I posted a collection of educational material on the New Here board under Newbies, please read.

You may just have the emotional issues but 10 years of drinking can have some physical side effects that the nutritionals can help you with. They are not a life long committment and I've got at least 10 years on you and you can heal your body, your heart and your mind.

Another great thing is just to go through all of the posts, read the headings and read the ones that you want. Do this for you, your way. Congrats.

Comment

Day 3

Hi again Debbie!

Glad to see you here. Well there's plenty of talk around the boards that should be of interest to you: about the hypno cd's and other aspects of the program. There are also other binge drinkers here, although I can't name them ( memory depleted by booze but getting better!) I would suggest just reading around, especially the General Discussion, and Abstinance events forums ( the last one was called Surf Into Summer & it's 2nd forum listing from the bottom on the main page) and the Just Starting Out forum ...

Darn, I just looked at the clock & I'm really late for something so I've gotta cut this short ...sorry Debbie, will try to write more later or hopefully someone else here will kick in.

All the best,
      Deirdre

Comment

Day 3

Peggy,
        Guess she told us. I think my date is not for two weeks. And I agree wholeheartedly. I agree, I agree, I agree!

Welcome Debbie. You'll like it here. Lots and lots of help. maybe a few distractions. :rolleyes Gabby

Comment

Day 3

Day 3

Hello to all, This is the first time that I have joined in on one of the abs groups. I am six weeks tomorrow! Haven't done that in a long time. I live in Asia and am now doing some traveling. I am in India as I write this tonight and I found Campral for sale! So excited and it was cheap too! I also got many of the supplements so feeling up about everything. Stay strong everyone. Lefty

Comment

Day 3

Day 3 Howdy

Howdy all on day 3!

Checkin in to let you know I'm here and healthy. Welcome to Debbie! I recently turned 40 and can't believe all the time, money and energy I wasted drinking during my 30's so you're ahead of the curve. A new decade is a great turning point so welcome aboard!

Matt

Comment

Day 3

July abstinence

Hello to the July abstainers.

I am on the crest of 8 months sober now (few days to go). I have been abstinent that long and it has more of a natural feel to it now.. so at the beginning it was conscious, minute by minute, but its more easy and natural now.

Given that I have found that this works for me, I want to encourage you all to keep going. I know moderation works for some, but I couldnt get that to work for me. And having become sober, I've changed many things in my life by first tackling the issues that led me to drink and then working on doing the things that support my sobriety. Parts of the journey have been tough, but change (real change) is hard work, but worth the effort.

Anyway, it happens one day at a time, and I so clearly recall my first day.. and now I"m here... and if I can do this then absolutely anyone can.

Brigid

Comment

Day 3

me too

Hi everyone,
                I don?t know if there is anyone here who would remember me, but I was on these boards back in February or March. I?m back again with the best motivation in the world to stop drinking ? I?m pregnant!
                I?m now between ten and eleven weeks along, and though I?m thrilled about the pregnancy, I wish I could say that the knowledge was enough to erase my craving for alcohol. Unfortunately, it?s not and I feel I need extra support right now. I mentioned in another thread that I am also extremely worried about the fact that I continued drinking before I knew I was pregnant, I was five and a half weeks before I found out (three and a half weeks past conception). This stress, of thinking that my baby has FAS and the damage is done, is making me very depressed and anxious and I don't know how to deal.
                Anyway, I stopped drinking immediately upon finding out and it has been 45 days now. I never, ever thought I could make it this long before. While I was drinking, I never went more than two days. On the second day I would feel better, the edge would have been blunted on my drinker?s remorse, and off I?d go again. Toward the end, I was drinking alone in my car every day. I would drive to a park after work and down a six pack of beer and race home to get there before my husband, sometimes I?d stop and get a bottle of wine for dinner since as far as he was concerned I hadn?t had anything yet. By the end of the night, I?d be picking a fight with him, passing out and not remembering any of it the next day.
                So I can say that things have become much more clear for me after 45 days sober. My moods are more stable, I get along much better with my husband, I have lost that nagging sense of shame, secrecy and self-loathing that weighed so heavily on me before. I?m so glad for these things.
                However I am also finding myself, in the last week or so, craving much more, rather than less. Especially since tomorrow is a holiday here in the US, and we will be attending a beer-soaked party ? this is hard for me. I keep thinking just one, ice-cold bottle of beer would be so wonderful and would not harm the baby. The problem is, I need to stay abstinent until I feel as though I have a better control over this craving. I still feel that to some extent, the alcohol is in control of me instead of the other way around. So I cannot even have just one. I cannot put this innocent baby at risk because I have a sick obsession.
                I hope to get and give support with the rest of you this month! Have a safe and clear-headed day and thanks for being there.
                P.S. I'm really sorry that was so long, guess I needed to get that out!

Comment

Day 3

July event...

Hi all,
                  I have not done well on the ABS events, so I will focus on moderation for this month.
                  I appreciate all the kind words y'all have sent my way.
                  Later this week I will post my "Drinking...an Excel Story" on the general discussion area. I logged my drinking since last July and put in a spreadsheet to crunch the numbers. It is interesting to me anyway.
                  Later,
                  Phil

Comment

Day 3

Re: July event...

Hey all,
                    Glad there are so many newbies.You all have so many interesting stories,so many successes,a few trips along the way (like mine at the end of last month), but so much hope and encouragment.
                    Deidre,your quote from Jefferson was so apt for me today.I was not feeling strong willed so picked up a book written by the founder of women for sobriety.At one point she wrote that she felt the first year sober was easier than the second.That thought almost did me in. I thought "I'm struggling with the first few days again. Don't tell me that the second year will be hard!!!!!" I'm sabotaging myself before I even begin.
                    It's About Time, your words were soothing to me as you have those hard won eight months under your belt.
                    Sylvia, congratulations on being pregnant. Many of us here have had children while still suffering from a "drinking problem" Talk to your dr honestly about your alcohol consumption before you knew you were pregnant. That should make you feel better so that you don't worry for nothing.To be very honest though no alcohol should be consumed when your pregnant.It's just not worth it. We are all here for you.
                    Janet

Comment

Day 3

Yeahhhhhhhh!
                      Made it through today with house full of af company and guess what......half of them wanted to "tast test" the blackberry wine!:rolleyes
                      So THEY did and I didn't!!! LOL!:happy
                      Wow....it feels good to be full of bar-b-que and chips and good old southern sweet tea!

I'm happy to see so many new faces In my "mirror". Welcome newbies and all returnies too!
                      The fourth is tomorrow and we have alot to celebrate here in the USA...

We are blessed to live in a free country, even though it's not perfect.
                      Lets all remember the men and women and their families that serve to give us that freedom. "Freedom isn't free, somebody paid the ultimate price for it".
                      Nuf said from a proud Marine Corp mom....semper fidelis
                      Thank you God that he is home today!
                      :happy
                      Nancy and Belle
                      :P

Comment

Day 3

I made it!!
                        I went to the party Saturday nite, didn't have a drink, and I had a great time.
                        Was worried people would want to know why I wasn't drinking alcohol. A couple of people asked me if I would like a drink, but once I told them that "I'm fine thanks", and had a Pepsi in my hand they didn't press it.
                        The weekends are hardest for me as I have more "free" time to think about drinking. Sunday I spent alot of time NOT thinking about drinking. I went for a few walks with the dog, cleaned, cooked, worked in the garden etc.

Thanks to About Time Too for dropping in with the inspirational thread. I have ofter wondered what the months ahead had in mind for me.

GS

Comment

Working...
                        X