35 days to better health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35 days to better health

Well, this is day 2 for me to try to clean out my insides and give my body a bread for AL (and food) binges. My goal is to really put more effort to eating healthy and working out instead of my typical, indulging in AL which just leads to indulging in alot of food. My only hope is that through these 35 days, I can learn more about myself and learn to control myself, so that if I choose to moderate AL, I can do that. All I can hope for is that when the time comes that I will know if I can mod or not. I am going on a trip with a friend and it's not a pleasant trip (visiting his dieing father) so this will be a huge challenge for me (he drinks ) but as I said, I can only hope when the time comes, I will make the right decision as to whether or not I can mod. :sun:

35 days to better health

Hi Petey, I think it sounds like you have a plan for yourself and that is a great start. For me it took a few weeks of not drinking to start to really sort out my head and begin to know me a bit. So giving yourself 35 days is a fantastic start. There will be challenges and there might be times when you wonder if it is worth it, i know i did. But one thing I can categorically say is Yes, it is worth it. I do feel much better mentally and physicaly. Stick with us and grab all the support and advice thats out there. I found that really helped me.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

35 days to better health

Great job on 2 days Petey!!!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

35 days to better health

Congrats on Day 2!!

Yip, you are right in getting at least 30 days AF under your belt before going the modding route. For me personally I found that 60 days was my magic number although it has been said that it takes 90 days to change a habit.

Wishing you all the best on your trip, stay strong!!
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

35 days to better health

Petey, great job!! Starting has a good point "make a plan" Bring your own drinks and have an excuse. If you'd like, this group could compile a collective list that would make your head spin.
          I wish you luck and can tell you from experience that exercise is very important. Once you start feeling physically and mentally healthy, the al seam less of a draw.

Omw
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

35 days to better health

Thank you all for your support. This is the best place I have found for support on a mod or AF life and I will continue to stay connected while I work to acheive my healthier life. Thanks again.

Comment

35 days to better health

petey,good for you,as they said a plan,everything takes time and you will succeed cause you have us,lot of wonerful, addicted people here to help you along, hahaha me to gyco

Comment

Working...
              X