X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2

Re: Day2

Hi all,
    Tess, congrats on day 1! You can expect your husband to act as he always has - your changing will change the relationship - and most people and systems resist change. You are strong and now have the tools to resist that expensive wine. Anyway, it is NO not as good as being sober!!!!
    Peggy

Comment

Day 2

Thanks Matt, Peggy, CV,

I can't tell you how inspired I am by your words. I'm heading to our lake house for a few days for the Fourth of July. It's usually a big party. My husband will be there. I'm driving by myself (a three hour drive) and mentally preparing for the first time there without drinking.

Happy Fourth for those of you in the states. Talk Wednesday.

Thank you so much!

Comment

Day 2

'Morning y'all... Morning? Heck it's already one here...

Day 26 out of 27 here.

Gosh, It's soooo wonderful to hear all y'alls abstinant days already pilling up and your stories... Y'all help me so much. I love the hope and determination contageon.(Is that even a word?) Even desperation is as good a starting place as any...

Deirdre, When I picture you, I see a newly sun kissed smiley face... raising your pom juice in random "clinks" and silent toasts to different ones of us as you pour over the daily posts... meanwhile, Martina McBride is playing "Happy Girl" in the background... lol

PR, Kris, Tess, You must feel excited about your choice! As Susan and Matt pointed out... This new lifestyle is all about "Independence from tyranny" and "Freedom from soul destroying oppression"... something I'd given up on many times before.

And Tess? I sooo understand about having a sabataging partner. My hubbie would inevidably take me to the pub after a few days or a couple weeks of abstinance. Like I would say NO? Anyway... This time... After trying MANY times to explain to him that I CAN'T just have a few once in a while... That it's just not IN me... He's going abs WITH ME! (He's NOT a daily drinker and doesn't really "get it") But like you, I often wondered if he intentionally wanted to keep me under the bottle... It gave him a HUGE trump card to play during power struggles. Yk how it goes... The 2 of you are going at it on a topic, when he pulls his trump... "Well, it's all because YOU DRINK!" And it stops you dead in your tracks. I mean, what are ya gonna say to that? Arguement over. He wins. Afterall, He's right. Right? WRONG!!! It was only when I finally decided that MY drinking was NOT going to be blamed for all our ills... I finally told him that it was time to level the playing field... That although, I'm sure my drinking played a role in our differences, I REFUSED to be blamed for EVERYTHING just because I drank... That I no longer accepted his guilt because I had enough of my own for the both of us. I dunno if I'm explaining this very well...

Janet, Ahhhh ... The elusive "why" question... Why do we CHOOSE to poison ourselves with booze? The only conclusion I can come to is... Our brains are whacked! CV talks about our brains and how they relate to alchohol and diet. The MWO supps and AO really address much of what our alcoholic bodies have been missing. I've recently added the Amino Complete to TRY and get my brain to behave again. Did you read that article talking about the T-something chemical? It said that after 7 years of NO booze, the test rats STILL had that heroin like substance hanging latenly around... Just waiting to be re-activated! Scary huh?

Luff... 7 days and Matt 12? TERRIFIC you two! How's it feeling?

Hey CV? You got any articles/nutritional remedies for the blues? I just haven't been able to shake 'em for the last week... Not drinking, but soooo blue...

Comment

Day 2

Hey Jane, Hang in there girl, and good for you for leveling that playing field and refusing to take all of the blame or leaving it all on the bottle! As for the blues...alot of people like SAME, but my preference is 100 mg of 5-htp 3x daily. Take it on an empty stomach with a little bit of carbohydrate..it really helps beef up the seratonin in your brain which is a feel good thing! And good for your hubby for going abs..just make sure he helps pay for the sups...lol.

Comment

Day 2

SAME? Now, how'd I miss THAT one? I thought I had EVERYTHING MWO offered? lol. Thanks CV... Just ordered it! Maybe I'll even get out of my jamies once it arrives...

It's really hard to understand that I'm NOT drinking and fell into a "funk"...

Hey? Got time for another question? IF All One has all those aminos in it already... Does taking the Amino Complete on top of AO give you TOO MANY amino acids? Or do they synergize each other?

Thanks "Doc" CV...

Comment

Day 2

just wanted to cruise in and say hello, welcome to all of you that have climbed aboard with us and away we go on our sail ship. i've been keeping myself very busy working which is a great way to not drink. when i climbed in to bed last nite barely able to move i just smiled. knowing that that is a good way to be, just serving others all day long. so, have to nap now before i go back at it. plan to hike dogs when it cools down then have an evening consulting job then sleepy land again.

here's to us one day at a time. the roster is getting much bigger. that is soooo great. love our fearless leader deirdre. thank you for waving the flag. and rj for putting it all together. i'm tittrating down to 175 so wish me luck. so far no urges but i need to have a brain a bit. lol so hopefully i can stay at this for awhile.
              smiles all
              kimber

Comment

Day 2

lol, no problem jane. The don't compete, they complement, and thye good thing about aminos is that they are water soluable, meaning, what your body doesn't need, it excretes...so you can't OD. You do need the complementary vitamins and minerals in the all in one and the foods to help activate the aminos correctly so that your body can utilize them. If you have the tired blues...check into DHEA...as we get older, we don't produce as much, plus our adrenals get tired and can't make it so about 50 mg a day helps get the energy back too. You don't want to see my cupboards of pills...lol, plus all of my power protein mixes, etc. It's enough make one think "mad scientist"...now if I could only have some fruit to make it taste nicer, but I'm totally off any sugar right now and on only 50 carbs daily so....at least most of the "grrr" evil impulses are gone and it's safe to be around others in public..

Comment

Day 2

Well, slap my *ss and call me Egore! You're the MWO mad scientist? Laughing... Picturing CV in a tattered lab coat, big black rubber gloves, and oversized Kent Clarks hovering over several bunsen burners that are steeping various green and purple gooey stuffs... Stacks and stacks of vitamins and supplements EVERYWHERE... CV muttering to self... and frantically writting new formulas on a chalkboard already ridden with scratched out failed attempts to find the ever elusive sobriety blend...

DHEA? Yes masta... Will check it out... Mwhaa aah aah ah...

Comment

Day 2

Hi all,
                    Just a quick note to check in. Been busy getting ready for company for the 4th.
                    My son got back last night from USMC summer 2 weeks camp, so we've spent today resting and getting ready for tomorrow.
                    I hope you are all having a good dry long weekend.Teaand cokes and water here!
                    Now what bus is this Susan???? And what makes you think I'm not old enough to remember that?:d
                    I wonder if it would be fun to be on a bus with abunch of bi-polar all on the up swing! would probably roll over!
                    Later all you high flying friends!!:d
                    Blessings,
                    Nancy

Comment

Day 2

Hi everyone. Seems we're all doing well.
                      Congrats on getting through day 2!

Janet & Susan, I think it was in Roots (the TV miniseries from the 70's) I was a kid and I couldn't understand why this slave wanted his ball & chain even though he had been freed of it. After it was unshackled from his ankle, he kept it with him, even slept with it. I guess it was put there in the first place so he wouldn't try to run away again, to freedom. But now he had the possibility of freedom, or at least he was able to move freely. The relationship we have to alcohol reminds me of that slave, actually choosing oppression over freedom. I don't know much about the psychology of it, would love to hear from anyone who does though (Kathy are you listening? ) I do think that one of the keys to being comfortable with your freedom is to believe that you're deserving of it, and we all are in my opinion.

Perfect quote Matt! And I'm happy to report that Bob just got a street named after him yesterday here in Brooklyn. Bob Marley Blvd, can you imagine!!? Good going on 12 days... independence is good!

Peggy, that's exactly what goes through my mind when I have thoughts of drinking - "It's not as good as being sober". Oh let me count the ways!!

Jane you are too funny! I love your description of cv, got a very detailed mental picture there and laughed all the way through! And cv I'm sure you're very attractive under all that mad scientist gear! Thanks for the info - I'm taking dhea and samE and about everything I think could possibly help me, but I don't always remember what each thing is for so thanks for reminding me! Congrats on 2 weeks!!

As usual I've turned into a pumpkin, well, at least I haven't fermented :lol !

Hope you're all having a wonderful AF night!

Love,
                      Deirdre

Comment

Day 2

Thanks Susan. Now all i need to do now is learn to type faster. lluf|

Comment

Day 2

Hi all,

Hope you don't mind me dropping in on you unannounced - I did bring a cake!

Just want to say I really enjoy reading what you're all up to - you're all doing incredibly well.

Tawny

Comment

Working...
                          X