X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly Into July 30 Day Abs Event Starts - July 1

Re: Fly Into July

Happy July 1!

I was hoping I didn't have to go to my drinking friends and get some things of mine that I left there.
    I knew it would be a real test. He still drinks and we don't seem to see eye to eye anymore. Not 10 minutes after I was thinking this, I opened my door and there was a sack with my stuff in it! Without the person... Wow... someone is listening!

Kim

Comment

And there you have it Kim, yet another one of those moments! Good for you! Happy July 1 right back at ya!

Donna

Comment

Hi, everybody,
        Day 15 for me. Went to a party tonight - beer there, but not a big drinking thing like Gonna's. I had my water bottle with me and didn't even think about the beer keg - just a non-issue. I'm really looking forward to the July abs - by hte end of the month it will be 6 weeks without!
        Wow
        Peggy

Comment

New to this site just minutes ago Day One

Hi,

I'm hungover again. I'm sick of doing this to myself, sick of what I do when I drink, and sick of beating up on myself for drinking, and no change.
          Today is July 2, still a good day to start. I'm surrounded by people who dont' know what its like to struggle with this addiction. I'm glad I found this community. I will likely order the cd's, not sure about the meds.

I'm a problem drinker. I binge drink weekly, lately its been more often that that. I'm sure others with this drinking pattern understand that its really tough to quit. By the end of a week or even a few days, you've managed to talk yourself into drinking again. I'm sick of it! I want to quit! I'm going for a month here, total abstinence and maybe even longer. I would like to moderate, and then again I don't, because I do drink to get drunk. So there may be no moderating for me. We shall see.

Thanks for being here, having the courage to admit theres a problem. Its good to be around people who understand.

Debbie

Comment

Re: New to this site just minutes ago Day One

Hi Debbie,

I feel your pain, I was right there with you for a long long time. You've taken a very important step in finding this site and posting about yourself, so congratulations! There are many people here who can relate and understand what you're going through. We all kind of lean on each other and somehow get through the tough spots, and believe me, it does get better! Please join us on the day 3 thread tomorrow - I don't want people to miss you on this thread ( they may not look over here). Hope all is well so far & hope to see you tomorrow!

Welcome!
            Deirdre

Comment

Working...
            X