Happy Halloween - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know who else will be reading this tonite, but we're getting ready to start dinner, then it's off trick or treating.
    Charlee- It's so nice to read of others who go through the exact same triggers. Everything I read in your thread is what I go through when my husband sets me off. It is a constant reminder to keep on guard. I was just telling him this morning that just because I've gone 1 1/2 months without drinking, doesn't mean our little "bouts" don't make me feel the urge tugging on my shoulder. It's almost as if right about the time I think I'm getting a grip on this thing, something happens that makes me think of the bottle of red.
    OMW - YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Skip the ol' "One Day At a Time". Look at tonite, as "One hour at a time". Think of the sugar hangover the kids are going to have? Do you want to be dealing with that while having an alcohol hangover? NO WAY!!!!!
    Now that I have that off my chest, OMW, I looked for that book and couldn't find it listed at the library. Will you give me the author's name?
    When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

Ohhh! Almost forgot! PEPPER! Isn't that daily plate awesome? It's scarey when you realize all the calories you consume. When I first started using it, I'd be tracking, thinking I was watching what I was eating all day and then WHAMO! I was between 2000-3000 calories!!! And that included depriving myself of things!!! However, I've stuck with it. And though I slip here and there, I keep at it, along with exercise and have managed to lose 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks. Who knew that better eating habits and exercise could lead to weight loss?!!! Hee! Hee! :-)
      When life is more than you can stand...kneel.

Comment

I know it's late--5:30 mountain time, but just got home and wanted to thank everyone for all the wonderful positive, don't drink just cause it's Halloween posts.
        Will be my first sober one in I don't know how long.....

Made treats for my 5th grader's class all morning, then got dressed up in my "costume" and surprised him. It was fun. Will miss doing that when he gets too old.

Normally hubby and I would go have a few before taking the kids trick or treating, but I came home, and can only assume he went to the bar with his friends. It's hard not to feel sorry for myself, but its ok. At least he doesn't expect me to go drink with him. This is when I get sad, not because I want to drink, but because I want him to stop too.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober night. :h
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good evening everyone!

Thanks for the big warm wlecomes! I appreciate it. I really need to feel a part of a AF family. I am feeling kind of funky tonight.

I took te kids out and we had fun, but came home and my friends have asked everyone to come over for drinks except hubby and I. I feel left out....odds are we wouldn't have gone, but would have enjoyed the invitation. Of course these are friends that we normally used to drink with and have me thinking about drinking......anyway...but not drinking......

I hope tomorrow I feel lighter in my heart......
          AF July 6 2014

Comment

I think I can sum it up

I have a hard time asking for help. Why? Because I am not sure of what I am asking for. How to get sober?...Did it for long periods of time...so I know how. I need to get started again....but when month 9 rolls around....that is where I fall.

Comment

Douglas,
              It was nice to chat to you today.

If you can did 9 months once you can do it again. you know it. But next time do something a bit different around the 8 month time to make sure that you stay serious.

Best of luck.
              brigid

Comment

Working...
              X