Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlee's 1 Year AF Celebration!!!

Hey char!!!!........look at you!!!

Aye, I remember the laughs we had in chat when you first quit too........I always knew you would do it. I am soooooooooooo proud of you, my friend. :l

Star x
    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Charlee,

Be proud of your one year accomplishment AF--we sure are!

July

Comment

Char
        You are an inspiration. Great Job!!!

Comment

Beck, my friend, thank you for starting this thread and to everyone for their responses.

I guess those ODAT’s do add up!, I can’t believe an entire year has passed, and I do remember those nights in chat like they were yesterday. I remember night after night being asked “did you throw it out yet?”….the answer was always no. I couldn’t do it. It was always going to be tomorrow…..I already had 25 years of tommorow’s and time was not on my side. I was sick, I was tired, I was physically addicted. Every being of my life was centered around booze. It came before family, friends, work and my health yet as much as I believed I wanted sobriety, I just couldn’t do it. I played every game to try and cut back, moderate, call it what you will…..the end result being the same.

I had my last drink on 11-3-07. I surrendered to AL, he had won all the battles, but I would be damned if I was going to let him win the war…..This time had to be different. No more game playing or bargaining with the devil. I knew if I was to make this work I had to be committed. I took the words resentment, deserving out of my vocabulary, mourned my loss and made peace with the fact AL could no longer be part of my life. My words when I took this on were “I will take this ODAT, and make no promise for tomorrow. I had broken to many promises in the past. I will only focus on today…..and today I am truly at peace.

My journey has been subtle. I would have thought by now I would have made major lifestyle changes and accomplishments. I have not. I still have lots to do, lots to work on, and yes, those occasional thoughts of those “ah moments”. I am not planning on going anywhere any day soon, so I will be patient. It will come.

MWO has been and will be my lifeline. I did the inpatient, outpatient, detox, and counseling, but it wasn’t until I found you guys that I realized I was not a freak, I was not alone, I was not different, we all share that one common bond….so I thank you all for being here. I am not very vocal on the boards, but I do come here each and every day……I never want to forget my past. Thank you

Char
          sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

I to like to add my congratulations to you charlee well done 1year AF ...:goodjob:

Take care

Love
            Teardrop.x
            family is everything to me

Comment

Charlee, I am sorry to be so late but hope you will still accept another congratulations on your one year sober achievement! The journey is not an easy one, but so worth it. Thank you for your quiet sharing that has been an inspiration to me and so many others here.

Best wishes for a rockin' year two!!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Char:

I just read your response to the congratulations you got & so well deserved. When you said on 11/3/07 that this time it had to be different, you began your one year journey to sobriety. I too have tried & failed, but I know I cannot & will not continue to binge the way I have. I will take it one day at a time, knowing in my heart that abs is what I have to maintain.

You said that your journey has been subtle. I would have to say that one year of abstinence is not subtle in light of the length of time you had been drinking. You have made a major lifestyle change.

Keep going on the way you have. I right behind you. When you share, I see myself.

Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                X