• Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Hello Everyone, I found it!

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Am on day 7 and feeling great.
      I must admit i dont find the campral works for me. Am still taking it, but the doc did tell me it works for some and not for others.
      eating lots is helping me. Its been a really big step for me. Keep your tummy full with food, and you dont crave the booze.
      So im going to get fat on food!!!
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

WiP, have always called it the abs daily thread. If you can think of anything good, i sure don't care. Maybe some input from the other posters who've been at it longer than me.
        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

I'm still taking the topamax but maybe it will help now I'm not drinking. I think I was testing it out to see if it would take all the urges away like some experienced. So, I guess now I will have to wait and see.

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

cymru.... was reading about camp, and antabuse today, kinda scary stuff. Feelings of overwhelming sadness and all that, yikes!! How is it for you??
            Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

LTG--not sure what the plans will be....I am working that day 1:30-9:30....so I will just sit here and just well, be happy for myself, lol.
              AF July 6 2014

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

on my way;464970 wrote: WiP, have always called it the abs daily thread. If you can think of anything good, i sure don't care. Maybe some input from the other posters who've been at it longer than me.
                Just thinking something recognizable to the newer people here, maybe "Daily AF Thread" (I think a lot of people know what AF means but maybe would not know what abs means?)... anyway, it would help to have a name that shows up the the thread title every day instead of just the date, which is how it shows up every day, the way it's been done in the past. I think we'll get a lot more traffic here when/if we have a recognizable name!

wip

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Maybe I am not being clear. What I mean by "title" is that the person who starts the thread every morning would use the same "name" every day in the thread title, when they create the first post of the day!

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Havent really felt anything to be honest. May stop after i run out. Not everything works for everyone i suppose.
                    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Hi abbers! Well, when I see that little kitchen prince flapping away at the stove, I just gotta post!

It's been a solid AF day despite having some old memories in my face. My vehicle is in the body shop this week getting 10 years worth of dings and dents fixed up, so Mr. Doggy and I are sharing a vehicle. Since a good day is when he is out servicing clients all day, I went to Curves early then straight back home. It's not that I have anywhere I have to or even want to go today. It's that I *can't* go anywhere because I have no wheels! So it's like being in my prison again - just like the years when the car was in the garage, but I was in prison anyway because I started drinking so early in the day. It's just weird. I'm just trying to focus on my old Explorer (hopefully) looking like new again! That will be worth it. LOL - then I will make myself all those promises about KEEPING it really clean, etc. etc. that will be forgotten in a few more weeks. :H

Yes, WIP, you know how I think. A choice to drink is my term for it. And like you, it's no accident in my case either. So I will not be stepping on any banana peels today. Good post! Good food for thought.

Speaking of food...cymru, keeping a full tummy is a formal strategy for me. Especially if I am heading into a temptation (i.e. a social event) eating before I go is a must. I don't crave alcohol nearly as much on a full tummy as an empty one. It really helps to steer clear of sugar and other high carby foods and focus on proteins & fat as a mainstay, with some veggies on the side. But of course the #1 priority is don't drink!

Kriger - I totally agree that the same strategies for quitting one addiction can be applied to another. I quit smoking first, and absolutely used lots of the same strategies to quit drinking. Have you checked out tales from the quit or Quit Smoking All Together with QuitNet.com - Stop Smoking Help and Cessation Support as a possible source of support? Best wishes - YOU CAN DO IT!!

A hearty hello to all the other abbers old and new who checked in today!!

I'm trying to read "Breakthrough" which is Suzanne Somers newest book. It's really facinating to me and I hope I can find the time to finish it before it's due back at the library! Definitely some new ideas about health and feeling well. So...while it's quiet here this late afternoon I think I will get a few pages in! Take care all and have a great rest of the day.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

O2M,

You are most certainly welcome here!!!

Anyone is. But you MOST of all.

We are a caring and loving bunch.

Our goal is AF. Our lives don't always make it but we pick our friends up, hold our arms out and care.

So, with those needs, you are more than welcome here.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Doggy Girl: It's great to see your post. I've been missing you.

WIP: I think Daily AF Thread is fine...I will definitely try to remember that if I ever get to start it.

On the terms Slips, Lapses, Relapses: The points that everyone have brought up make sense to me. My slips have definitely been a choice...as have been my lapses. I wouldn't say I've had a genuine relapse since joining MWO. In other words, I haven't gone into multi-day drinking bouts like I did before MWO...thank God.

Hi Cindi

Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

woohoo!! We got DG, we got OneTwo, we got Cy, we got Nakeeta, we got LTG, Kriger, S.O. (I think) in addition to the regular crew, right? Fabulous! DG I hope you get sprung soon, prison is no fun. No fun at all. And the food is bad.

Daily AF Thread sounds good. The term "monthly abstinence" reminds me of something we would have learned about in Sex Ed in junior high school...

wip

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

Wow.....don't check in early a.m. and I am at the bottom of this busy busy thread!!!.....it is great to see so many new folks.......Won't be checkin' in tomorrow, day off from work and going to spend the day in NYC with some friends.....Everyone take care....
                              sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

NOVEMBER 10, MONDAY

one2many;465170 wrote: LMAO WIP...or a month in my house....
                                Now you got ME... LMAO.... ! My house, too... hell, my WHOLE LIFE, these days!

Just gotta have a different name for this thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X