Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wed 12th November

Hello to All,

Janice, I'm on Day 3 being AF. It seems so simple for about 4 days then I try to moderate on the weekend and I usually disappoint myself. So this coming weekend is the 1st challenge to go more than 4 days AF. I have no plans to be out at any events. Hubbie usually goes to visit some buddies and play pool on Friday and I can often enjoy an evening at home with a bottle of wine. So it's up to "me, myself and I" to get through this Friday AF.

I envy that Janice took a day to just think and be. I keep saying I need to do that, but haven't. I easily get distracted with some activity.

Holidays - we spend Thanksgiving with my hubbie's family and dinner is at the non-drinking part of the family so it should not be a problem.

I'm glad to be back at MWO. I had joined in 2006 and tried moderation that went okay, but I'm still not where I want to be with my habits.

I'm off to the gym for a short lunchtime workout.

The hardest time for me is about an hour before the end of the work day. I start thinking about how nice a big ol' glass of wine would be. No wine in the house, so I just can't make an impulsive stop at the store. I had no trouble last night with a glass of tonic water. I really like tonic water and enjoyed it.

Speedster

Comment

Happy Humpday ABerooooos!!

it's a loverly day in the high desert and I'm still in my pajamas, how cool is working at home? LOL although there was a time that working from home would have been my undoing (and it was at first).

Speedster welcome back.

Doggygirl I think you should publish the book on this: Vodka and gummy bear diet
      sadly Im sure it would sell!

Mary, glad your surgery went without issue.

Glenno, welcome and big congrats on the AF days, nice!

I'm looking forward to my first ever 100% AF holiday season. I don't expect it to be totally easy but I'm ready...sword and shield at the ready.

be well friends
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi again, Everyone.

I love today's thread. All about thinking ahead to the times when we will be in and amongst the drinking.

I have been worrying about it myself. No, not around the holidays but because my brother wants us to have a mini family reunion with my folks. I agree it is a great idea. However, my brother and his wife are huge drinkers. sigh.

I am already thinking about this even though it is probably in the Spring sometime.

The holidays are a piece of cake for me because my hubby doesn't drink, nor care to (Thank God!!), my daughter (alcoholic) is pregnant and will not drink while pregnant, my son and his wife (also alcoholics, omg I am sighing hugely deeply as I type this...) do not drink in front of their children. So, the holidays will be fine. I will be surrounded by children, grandchildren, hubby, mom and dad, all not drinking. (Okay, my dad will be sneaking a few but he drinks 1-2 a day max..).

But, I agree with WIP. ODAT is a very good idea. A daily affirmation of sobriety. Yes, for today I will not drink. We can do one day.

But, as WIP has stated, we also must plan. Not worry, but plan.
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

My hubby's birthday is Dec 23rd and we hold this huge Christmas/Birthday Open House and so many get trashed....there were times when some didn't get out of bed until Christmas Eve night (not us, but some). However, this is not to say we weren't terrible hungover......terribly....though somehow I did manage to drag my sorry hungover ass to work the next day.....how nice will it be this year NOT to feel like that....I don't think I even have to work the next day, lol!

I am looking forward to a sober holiday season. I have done it in the past, I can do it now.
          AF July 6 2014

Comment

Everyone: As I said before, I did the 07 holiday season sober. It was into March 08 (mud season) that I let down my guard & drank...I won't be doing that this year.

Last year was great! I kept the past, drunken holiday seasons in the back of my mind the whole time. Holidays that weren't very enjoyable because I had blacked out, gotten sick, etc.

I'm having a big Thanksgiving dinner here. There will be plenty of wine & beer, as many of my family drink (mostly moderately). I've just vowed that I will steer clear of the booze no matter what! Even if my ass falls off, as they say in AA.

You all can't imagine how important this thread is to my sobriety. Thank you, Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Even if my ass falls off, as they say in AA.
              Now that made me laugh!! Thank you, Mary.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
              X