Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AF Daily - Monday December 1 - Let the Holiday Madness Begin (Without AL!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dropping a line to let you know this is a top thread.
    Hey Sheepy, of course you can join in!!

Comment

Keets - I love Themla and Louise too - and if you ever come across it "Bagdhad Cafe" a dam good watch...lol re the biting of the choccys and placing back - I just give mine straight to my elder son, he garbage disposal, and grateful one! Last night wasn't THAT bad - just had a run in with aforementioned son, and I jus DON'T do disharmony/conflict well. Then coppers turned up with one of his mates, wanting to know if he could stay here as his parents had kicked him out (dope etc) some time ago and he was transient....I said yes, but had to do the grown-up mother thing. Enjoyed being able to, gotta be grateful I was sober and therefore capable! Rock on darlin - I keep checking puter too and keeping thread positive. Making beef and salami nachos, PLENTY of sour cream........
      *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Hey rags - it sure is ay...hope you doing good

Comment

kapo,
          phew...dishes and laundry are DONE...I have an awesome cup of licorice tea, and am feeling a LOT better than I was earlier,

I haven't seen Bagdhad Cafe, but I will look for it!
          I am sorry you had some stuff to deal with last night, but like you said, thank goodness you were sober and capable to be of help. KUDOS to you girl!

Nachos with lots of sour cream sounds sinfully YUM!

You are at 15 days today or 16...kind of cool we are so close in days! We will be able to celebrate 30 days soon, we are HALF WAY THERE!
          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Sorry, Sheepy, didn't mean to be rude!
            I am also only new to this thread. Day 2, and I love it already
            Welcome!

Rags, this is a great thread isn't it.
            Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Hi, guys/gals,

Have had a rough day/week.

We are doing this, though.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey Cinders - as boring as it may sound - the rough patches DO pass. Hang in there, keep posting!

Keets - great to be travelling from the sam starting point! My AF date is November 17 (1st day), so 15 days today!
                Did have 7 weeks up but, well, you know the story. My desire to MAINTAIN my clean and sober lifestyle is WAY higher than it has ever been - it's like I have known for a very very long time I need to be sober (just to get through the mundane stuff, you know, like staying ALIVE lol) - however today it is different because I WANT to be sober and clean.. It's a great feeling. Life on life's terms is hard at times, but worth it mate.

Comment

Yeh, staying alive can be an incentive, eh?
                  Like: You drink, you die. (Extreme circumstances call for extreme measures)
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hey, aren't you supposed to be sleeping, Cindi? I've already finished my breakfast and started today's AF Daily thread. Am brushing my teeth-- out the door in 5 minutes!
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Yep. Supposed to be sleeping...

Love,
                      Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

This site is a total saviour in the wee hours when I haven't been able to sleep, cinders. Hope you get a peaceful, rejuvenating sleep eventually tho...

Comment

Working...
                        X