AF Daily - Wednesday December 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all! / Evening? Whatever time zone....I must just stick with "hello"!!

Sounds like niggles are the pesky order of the thread so far!! These little buggers AND complacency with my recovery are what i have to be aware of most.

I remember one winter four years ago, I was nearly 18 months AF, and it was FREEZING, and after about 60 million attempts at lightl the fire, I just htought, "I know how to get bloody warm" and without so much as an elelid blinking, off I trotted to the vodka shop. I did not draw many sober breaths for another year or so.

So, everyone, look after the little shit and the bigger stuff wiill be a walk in the park ( well, hoping!)

Bless you all. Got work at 9.30 (about an hour and a half) but will keep in touch
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

I have decided there is not much worse than a small autistic boy with diarrhea..... I can't wait to go to bed so I can start a new day tomorrow. Hopefully without diarrhea.
      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

OMW
        I would say you have my broken coffee pot beat by a mile today!!!...Hope you get some sleep and find tomorrow a better day.......
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

OMW - thoughts are with you. That is certainly a trial. Like charlee, my broken-into-by-dog-overnight rubbish bag rates less than nil. Keep positive hope alive
          *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Day 3 tdy, and though im still not sleeping great, ive got my hunger back. Have pain in my stomach though. Not bad, but worrying all the same. Just makes me more determined to beat this disease. Mother is really worried about me and i can see its effecting her quite badly, which worries me and is another reason to reach my goals. My parents are not getting any younger!
            Had my daughter tnt, and she is staying over which is always lovely, so i feel alot better, and hope i can get my self esteem back up tmr and start sorting some stuff out in my life that ive kinda pushed to one side!
            So round 3 of 31 this month has been won. Well done to all our fellow fighters and welcome to all those to join the fight.
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hello again everyone! Another great thread today and I am getting ready to head for the showers and then a Chamber of Commerce "Business Showcase" event which = lots of drinking. Especially this time of year. So I of course came here to shore up my resolve and make sure my tools and plans are in order for no AL.

Charlee, you set a great example today, without a working coffee maker among the other crap things, of how to keep a good attitude no matter what. May the coffee be flowing as normal by tomorrow morning!

OMW - not sure if I've seen the L-Tryptophan article you are talking about or not. If you wouldn't mind posting the link that would be awesome. Thank you for the Happy Furnace vibes. Turns out the problem was a tiny hole that was poked in one of the water pipes last spring when the handy man set up the roof top porch and door out there from my office. So he located it and fixed it today, and I doubt there will be any charge. They didn't have to tear too much up to get to the leak so it shouldn't be too much work to clean up once the work is done. Thank goodness.

MomO3, I love what you said about your exercise time being YOUR time. That's true for me too. In fact I've kept the crazy sleep schedule where I go to bed early, and get up at 4 AM or so. I get some "me" time then and also when I work out. I know for sure that NOTHING will interrupt me during my workout at Curves. That is so cool in addition to those endorphins!

Beatle are we gonna have to come :b&d: you out from the :sofa: to get you to exercise???? Kidding aside - it has been a WORLD of help to my sobriety program. I think you are really smart to keep the Antabuse on hand. I sure would if I had ever used it - I'm so glad Deter and Caysea shared their stories too because I will have your experiences in the back of my head should I ever feel the need. I would not hesitate if I needed it to keep my sobriety.

WIP I am so glad to hear that you are nearing the end of the preparations for the estate sale. I can't imagine how wrenching it has been. I BET you are ready to turn that page soon! I've been giving a lot of thought over the last couple days to your mention of how isolating drinking can be (it was VERY isolating for me). I called one of my oldest friends yesterday - we were room mates back in college. I haven't fallen completely out of touch, but have been minimizing our contact for some stupid reason. Time to start reaching back out there. Brigid also mentioned that this was important to her recovery and I think you are both right. Thank you!!

Caysea you are still my exercise hero!

Mary I'm sorry to hear that you hurt your wrist!!! Good though that hubby can back you up with things. You strike me as the type to always take on the world, and I think sometimes our partners get a little spoiled. I know mine does. I will start feeling resentment that he's NOT just "noticing" this and that and doing it. Well, that's not how he's wired and he's not going to just notice and just do. But if I make a list of things as they come up, he does it. Why can't I just learn to operate in the way that HE operates best to get the result that *I* want? (guess I just HAVE to do things the hard way LOL!) I love your reminder that when people are in a bad mood it's not our problem. I'm always WAY too quick to wonder what *I* have done wrong. I suppose a little of that is OK but I tend to think that I somehow cause every frown in the room. When did *I* get so bloody important anyway? And when did I start using the word "bloody?"

LVT - I don't know what it is with the coffee pot furnace karma either, but I'm sure glad to hear that it's not giving you the desire to drink or smoke!!

Namaste - it sounds like you and I have a lot in common except for the artistic part. Mr. Doggy and I left the corporate rat race and run our own business from home. The Chamber of Commerce has been an important source of business for us. I look forward to comparing more notes as we travel this path!! I'm sorry to hear that your older kitty might be really sick.

Deter - I'm beginning to think you have that Manitis disease where all men believe they are 18 forever when it comes to sports. Be careful!!! I've been lucky (so far) no having hardly any problems with drinking dreams. But I had some doozies when I quit smoking!! The way it was explained to me re: smoking was that the brain wants a fix - and when you reach a certain point of strength about denying that urge consciously, the sub conscious gets busy and that communication comes through the dreams. Have no idea if that's true or not...(WIP???) but it sure seemed to make sense at the time. May you not have any more wine tasting (or other) booze nightmares and BE SUCCESSFUL with your upcoming trip. (maybe that trip is triggering the dreams????)

Cindi - I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping that you and the doc have a good meeting of the minds!

Kap - what the sam hill are Niggles? Thank you for the reminder that AL can be a powerful voice at any time. Wow. 18 months and back to the vodka. One thing I know for sure is that I would be exactly like you - one drink and I would be drinking ALL of the drinks and having a very rough time getting sober again. That's exactly what happened when I thought I could have just one after 60 days af. It took me from early September '07 to May 22 '08 to finally get my a$$ back on the dang wagon. That's why I never ever want a single sip of booze ever again. Easy to end up in jail, bail is high.

Well, I know for sure I will not drink tonight. I'm sure someone will be too tipsy and give me a GREAT reminder of why I don't drink at all, much less at business networking events. I'm going to find some new skinny pants to wear. Take that AL!

Hope everyone here has a great AF evening!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi folks,

There must be some bad cosmic voodoo goin' round! I'm having a bad day too. The boss, vendors, customers, blah, blah, blah. This is the classic trigger for Tom 2.0 to stop for a beer on the way home... well, I'll probably want one or two when I get home and relax... hey, 12-packs are on sale for just a couple bucks more than a 6-pack! Yea, that's the ticket, I'll feel better; I won't feel good - just numb. Of course the same challenges will be there tomorrow, only I will feel like crap and hate myself to boot!

Well, not this time mister beast. I've got friends and we're not going to take it anymore!

Comment

Tom, that was nothing short of inspirational.

And DG, what can I say-- you touch on everything all the time and gosh, I can't keep up with you. (But if you don't mind, please call off the taskmaster... I am just not going to exercise tonight!).

About the dreams-- I've been having quite a few lately (about booze, not cigs). The dreams have been very realistic, and mostly about hiding or trying desperately to get a hold of AL-- you could definitely call them nightmares. But what's great (and this is true of all nightmares, I think) is how you feel when you wake up and realize it was JUST A DREAM! It almost feels like a warning: REMEMBER this, it's how it used to be. Don't go back there!

Oh, and another thing to share: one of my kids said to me today, "mommy, what have you been eating, you smell funny!" Oh, what a relief to not pull back in horror and try to hide my breath... yeh, it was GARLIC! (I guess you'd appreciate this, Det). What a nice feeling to have nothing to hide (well, depending on how you look at it, of course!).
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Made it through the day! I find I do much better if I write out a daily plan...SO even though I found it an annoying chore today and I get tired of this crap really sometimes...I did it! WHy, cause it works...and I sit here drinking my little v-8 juice. Will put out Christmas decorations this weekend and take kids to eat at Chili's and get tree Sunday night. They go to their Dad's this weekend.

Want to say a SPECIAL thank-you for the many PM's and welcomes.....and for ####'S AND CALLS. I take Topa and antabuse on rocky days....Momof3. When I know drinking is DANGERZONE day...

Does anyone here listen to the CD's at night? Perhaps thinking I should give it a whirl...any feedback on that?

ROCK soberly on folks!
                    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Britt, if you have the CDs, definitely listen to them when you go to bed. They put me right to sleep! (I should have mentioned that in my sleep advice).
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I have never purchased them, but I am....I have thought about it and just never did. I am so HYPER I thought I might get annoyed really but what I end up doing is ahttin ghere until 1 am and then cant sleep. If I went to bed at 10 perhaps...with a CD...and handful of supps...
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

hi Britt, I too have used the Cds from time to time and they are really helful, especially if you use them along with the supps and the topa..Something about making all those changes on all those levels consistany over time can be very powerful..if nothing else, keeps you too busy to drink. )
                          It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I've never had much trouble in the sleep area. It does really suck though. The times I couldn't sleep were,well, shall I say self induced.

I haven't used the cd's in awhile, but I do believe they help, and they almost always put me to sleep, but then, so do my audible books..... I think you really have to listen with an open mind. So many here have said they can't get past the voice, or the pronunciations or.....Keep this in mind if you order them. I've never taken the topa, but I've got my supplement schedule where I like it. At night I take a True Calm, Evening primrose and my Omega 3-6-9. I ran out of true calm, so I'm just taking gaba and L-tryptophan. I do think it's one of the reasons I'm sleeping. It seems to help with the busy mind.
                            Hope you find something that helps. I would be an absolute b*&%h if I wasn't sleeping!
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi guys,

Mind if i jump on your train?

Britt, I don't have the MWO CD's but I recently just bought some of those relaxing wave type waterfall CD's that you hear when you get a massage....they seem to help me fall asleep (well, that and a prescription from my doctor, but hey, as long as I'm sleeping and rejenerating the body, right?)

My furnace tanked 2 weeks ago. I came home and it was FREEZING in my house....luckily I am on one of those heating protection plans so it didn't cost me anything.....

Ah crap, my stupid cat just ran into the wall and flew down the stairs.......LOL, should go but damn, that was frickin funny!
                              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                              :h

Comment

I also use the calmes forte or Bach's Sleep Remedy, both flower essences. The Bachs is a spray, two little squirts puts me out. Nite nite all
                                It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X