AF Daily, Thursday December 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotty, i'm driving a 13 yr old honda. I will drive it until it dies or i do. Funny how attached we become to our cars. Good luck with the doc, some resolution would be nice for you!!
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

OMW, I figured I'd drive this car until it dies, but when you have to get a tow truck out to a remote parking lot (I was out at the beach with the Dingo and it wouldn't start) AND get a bill for $2000 in repairs its hard not to start eying new cars! Though it makes me feel like I'm being unfaithful! Isn't it weird? Thanks for the good wishes on my doc visit ... it should be interesting.

Comment

I traded my Chrysler in this fall (hubby surprised me with it b4 Xmas in 2000) and I was surprised (those silly feelings) when I became emotional when we drove off in the new car leaving the old one behind. )
        It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hello everyone! Achievement v. Challenge. I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

It's been a busy day but I wanted to be sure and check in - even late for me - especially to say that there was NO AL for me at that Chamber after hours event last night. I was quite pleased that AL wasn't even whispering my name. There was not a huge turnout for this one - maybe because it was snowing with some freezing crap on the roads. So Mr. Doggy and I made the rounds and then said our goodbyes. Brigid, we did what I think you are recommending in terms of only having to have a small amount of "chit chat" prepared because you just keep moving. I got a lead for my hormone doctor....wish I would have gotten a lead for OUR business LOL!!

I am still rushing around so don't have time for a long post today (OK - you guys need to breathe those sighs of relief a little softer cuz I-CAN-HEEEEEEAAR-YYYOOOOUUU!).
          But Spotty I'm glad you are seeing a different doc since your original one had zero interest in working WITH you on your concerns. Most of what I'm doing with my doc the insurance doesn't cover so I feel your pain there. BUT.....being where I am now, I would pay TEN TIMES AS MUCH out of my pocket to get what I have gotten. Please let me know how it goes with this doc. Make sure to ask for a copy of your blood test results. They should not give you any crap about that. If they do, just keep insisting - they are YOUR test results. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

And Cindi same for you - I am hoping you like your new doc.

I hope everyone else is having a grand Thursday and looking forward to a weekend of achievements.

Where is Beatle??? :b&d::sofa: I'm serious Beatle. It will be easier to just do some exercise than to escape the wrath of the :b&d: smilie.

We did end up having to have the furance people come out so there will be a bill, but the old boiler just rockin' along. No replacement parts even, and now Mr. Doggy knows a couple of new tricks if we ever have this problem again. I don't mind spending maintenance $$ when we also get an education in the deal.

A muddy dog got on the bed last night - and I had just laundered ALL of the bedding yesterday. And SOME of the bedding the day before because one of them barfed. And amazingly enough, all the dogs are still alive today. Those muddy feet bothered me a LOT more than proximity to AL did last night, and I shall count that as a holiday achievement!!

Be well everyone. Exercise and eat healthy today! Say no to AL! Count your achievements! (OK, now I'm getting punchy!)

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hey DG - love your positive and cheery posts. Great to read it. Fantastic here for me too - sobriety is a gift beyond campare.
            *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

ok, here I am, in under the wire. Wow, I used my whole evening period of peace (= after kids are asleep) to catch up on this one thread.

Sorry DG, your threats are only cybernetic. I am still a lazy bum, and I can't get off my butt (except for a few hundred times a day to run up and down the stairs, carrying laundry in both directions, waking kids, putting kids to bed, and trying to find what I did with my slippers.)

Ahh, but tomorrow, I WILL exercise (I think).

Anyway, I should get to bed now-- I need to be refreshed for tomorrow's triathalon.

If I don't scoot now, I'll have to start the AF thread for Dec 5.

g'nite.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Tmr i am going for a long walk as long as its not raining. Cold i dont mind. Rain, i dont do!
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

You all will not believe my day...I have never laughed so hard in all my life...lady that taught my class was CROSSED EYED and the funniest person I have ever met. Thought I'd get a migraine trying to figure out which eye to keep up with at first, but she kept making jokes about being crossed eyed and was SO FUNNY...she is an RN...she said can you imagine going at a pt with a needle ???LMAO I love days that turn out so good...
                  Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Thanks for that, Brittz. I will go to sleep laughing.
                    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Ah, but not until I post the Daily AF thread, as it is now after midnight here! hah!

Comment

Working...
                      X