14th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14th April

mae all how are we doing? hope all is well..just on my way out with the camera ..its 5.55 am ...light is breaking so see whats on the go early this morning ..have a good one
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hello Mick & everyone,

it’s 6:23 pm here after a nice sunny, 73 degree day 😎.
    Nothing special happening, just finding small things to do to pass the time. I’m starting some work on a few sewing projects (not embroidery) just for something different to do. Pretty dull stuff but that’s fine with me.

Hellos going out to PQ, Slo, Cyn & Pie. Hope everyone is OK.

So Mick, what did you shoot with your camera? Inquiring minds want to know, Lol

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...It's been a gorgeous weekend, sunny with temps around 18C. Spent a lot of time outdoors, walking, sitting on the deck reading. Phone off for the weekend.

TG...thank for the link to spoon therapy, very interesting. I hope your Elders service was a huge successful bash.

Slo...I'm glad you didn't suffer any permanent damage to your toes. My twin had issues with her feet, largely due to her drinking, diabetes, and ended up having 3 toes amputated. I hope you had a good day with D1 and the 3 grandchildren today.

Mick...great pics, I assume you took it at Daisy nook. After the wind and snow on Tuesday you can send all the rain you don't want my way. I'll gladly take it. That was early out for you on a Sunday. Hope the rain stayed away and you were able to get some more pics with the new lens.

Lav...I had a nice weekend here as well. I'll be checking out Tolle, ‘The Power of Now’, sounds like something I can use right now too. I am constantly worried about the what if's in the future. What a great pool. I bet you had lots of good times. Dull stuff sounds good to me. LOL I purposely didn't do anything I "should" do today, just relaxed. Will put a load of laundry through to get ready for the work week but that's about it. LOL

It's a DF day tomorrow, so looking forward to that. I opened up the craft sale registration so have to get my floor plan/layout updated. The rest of the month will find me getting ready for online facility booking. Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

Mae all,

Lav, after reading about you posting pics, I went back to the end of last week's thread... I couldn't enlarge them, but it looks like a haven... So sorry that you and YB were hassled at the public pool, but what you have at home seems so peaceful. Thanks for the information about the Curcumin - I'll definitely check that out! Hope you are seeing signs of spring... we are, but today and the next few days are in the 70s, almost 80s... sheesh. There is some rain in the forecast - it can't come soon enough...

Mick, looking forward to what you "shot" today - I hope the early rising paid off with some great pics.

PPQ - I read the Power of Now years ago... I think I'll read it again... we really only have the present moment - what a great, freeing thing.

SLO - here's hoping that you are feeling better!

I had a pretty good day today, but slow. I woke up with a heavy heart, and eyes that were a little swollen... I cried a lot yesterday, before the service, during the service, after the service. I couldn't quite figure it out, as that is not what I do usually... but I think losing my friend is somehow symbolic of the end of an era... the era of my parents and all their wonderful ways of being and all their influences on the world and on us as kids. Such a shocking thing, to be suddenly reminded of time's passage...which is ridiculous of course, but true. I was able to just take the day to putter and nap and pay a few bills, etc. Hopefully tomorrow I will be in better shape... it's back to TJ's after 3 days off... I hope I remember what to do!!

Sending best wishes that all are well, or healing, or at least finding a little peace.
        Cheers,
        TG

Comment

mae all how are we today then?hope all is good .Guess what ...we are in the middle of yet another storm...this one is called storm Pia .it is belting down with some pretty heavy winds too...and I bet we still get a water shortage .got a few nice pics yesterday.My friend is into macro photography ..he took a pic of a dewdrop on a plantain leaf ...and a bluebell..I will see if I can get them on her though I never seem to manage it right .

hiya Lav ...how are you doing today? sometimes its the little things we need to do ..I have got to jet wash the drive and clean the van ...but in the rain its a bit mad ..plus its not clean rain if that makes sense .going to see if I can get a docs appointment this week ...crazy weather its raining now and the sun is out .!!!hope you have a good day .

hiya ppqp ..how are you doing? did you have a decent weekend ?It certainly sounds like it .I hope today goes well for you .

hiya teegee..or should we call it teejay .?how are you feeling today then?hope a little better .it is a stark reminder that life has an end date for us all..a fact we in life on a daily basis we tend not to dwell on ..but every now and then the big fella gives us a reminder ..and as you say it links into an era gone ..a way of life past .Im sure you will remember what to do at trader joes.hope you have a decent day

hiya slo and pie hoe you are ok .

here goes try the pics time!! TED_0143 (2).jpg TED_0139.jpg TED_0142.jpg TED_0140.jpg
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

my friends pics 435170463_952515500212682_3655142274929045197_n.jpg 435407904_952549556875943_1751629718740675617_n.jpg 435158943_953115046819394_3746746000619967291_n.jpg
            Attached Files

Comment

Greetings friends,

It’s currently sunny but we’ve also had lots of clouds, a thunderstorm & some windy conditions. Topped off at 81 degrees, feels like summer. I took myself out for a haircut & attitude adjustment today, feel better now.

Mick, those are some gorgeous pics, very nice 😊
              Cleaning the driveway in the rain is not highly recommended if you know what I mean. Save your energy. Hope you get your appt. Scheduled.

Cyn, glad you enjoyed the pics. Not sure if I’m posting them correctly on this updated forum. We did enjoy our little haven in the backyard. It was the only peaceful place we could find in our old hometown.
              I’m sure feeling great loss when you lose the last of your elders is completely. I felt that after my Mom’s last sister passed a few years ago. It’s sad once they’re all gone.
              I hope your day back at work wasn’t too harsh.

PQ, you know I enjoy the dull life for the most part haha. Getting my hair cut changes everything for me.
              glad your weekend was quiet, hope your week is as well.

Slo, hope you’re doing OK.
              Hi to Pie.

Have a nice night all. I’m going to hang a few hummingbird feeders, heard they are in the area already.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...it was a nice quiet day although I had a lot of work to get through I wasn't interrupted with walk ins and phone calls. With the boss away the accountant and childcare director (the pain in the a$$ one) obviously had nothing to do as they hung around my office and wanted to chat. Even giving short one syllable responses while clicking away on the keyboard didn't seem to deter them. I'm supposed to always be mindful of customer service, including staff, so I can't very well tell the to just f*&#k off. LOL

Mick...I thought you were going to say this one is called storm Pq. LOL You're sure getting it this spring. Raining with the sun out sounds like our weather. It was cloudy all day and the winds have picked up. We'll see what's on the ground tomorrow morning. Not putting my boots away yet. Hope you get a doc's appointment, getting off the statins sounds like the benefit of less muscle aches is worth it. The pics came out great and they are great pics, even your friends. Hope it quits raining long enough for you to power wash the driveway.

Lav...81F is getting too warm for me, one extreme to the next eh? Was going to ask you how much the attitude adjustment cost but I see it was included in the haircut. LOL I feel the same way after I get my hair cut which I'm due for. Should have done it over the weekend but just couldn't bring myself to do anything. I'm hoping the week stays quiet too as I get ready for the online booking system May 1st. Even if the system doesn't go live right away, I'm changing all the rates and rules offline to match, so regardless I have to be ready. Ooh the rain drops have just started falling.

TG...I echo Lav by saying hope your day back to work wasn't too harsh. I'm sure you remembered everything. You take it easy.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

b.jpg h.jpg e.jpg l.jpg TED_0141.jpg mae all how are ee doing then? hope all is good .Went outthis morning with the camera ,gota few nice pics ,so did my friend ,,,, a jay feeding another one .came home and decided to jetwash the drive ...yuove guessed it ..its chucking it down .oh well.

hiya ppqp..how are tyou doing? hope all is well ..how short were the resposes yesterday?obviously didnt contain the right letters! the last phrase with off sums it up .The storm has gone now ..but the rain has stayed .hope your day is a good one

hiya Lav how are you doing? Storm gone?the sun has just come out again ...so the drive will get another hit ..off I go .hope all is good with you

off outside whilst the rain has gone ..
                  Last edited by Mick; April 16, 2024, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Wow, you had a gorgeous yard with a very nice pool, Lav! It must be very different living in Cow Country now, rather than in your hometown where you & the family were well-known.
                    At least you have the time for fun sewing projects. I hope they put you in flow.

I picked up Huxley from daycare yesterday, then spent the night and then today with him and laughter D2 while her husband is out of town. I can do that now that I don’t have a needy cat to get home to. Huxley started calling me “Gamma”! And he gives me sweet kisses on the cheek and pats on the arm.

I wish I was able-bodied and could do more with him, like take him for walks; but it is what it is.
                    i had to quit with the orthotics for now because the foot pain is too extreme, but still have the built-up shoe sole. I don’t know what is going to happen. I can’t heal my crooked body and damaged nerves if I can’t wear the orthotics.

TG, I fully understand, thanks to your description, the import of your elder’s funeral; and how it signals the end of an era. It sounds like quite an amazing funeral for an important, accomplished, community-minded person.

Mick, the new lens is working well if that is what is taking those exceptional bird, duck, & geese photos! They are so sharp & clear.

I hope you enjoyed your DF day, PQ.

Wags must have changed her mind about posting with us.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Greetings everyone,

We had a sunny 72 degree today, better than yesterday which was pushing the heat limit for me Lol
                      Looks like the next few days will be cooler, more seasonal. I’m OK with that & the quick moving rain storms that will likely pop up.

PQ, you can always do your customer service thing with a big smile on your face while you’re telling the childcare director to f*&#k off HA HA!!!
                      years ago we had a nurse from Georgia work with us. She had a way of telling you off in a sweet southern accent. Left everyone confused, was I just told off? She was a piece of work & I really liked her. The hair cut did make me feel a little better but I honestly think I have trouble with season change for some reason. I’m just weird like that I guess. Hope your rain was in pure liquid form.

Mick, great pics, love them. We have two power washers (for some reason) in the garage. Getting YB to clean something is like pulling teeth. Our deck needs the green washed off it so it can look nice with the railings I cleaned. Any more trips planned?

Slo, thanks, yeah we had an unusually large yard at the old place. Way back in the day it was an apple orchard, so I heard. There was an underground cellar in the middle of the yard than supposedly had been used for apple storage. We closed off the entrance & planted grass over it to keep the kids out, Lol.
                      Sounds like you had a great time with Huxley. I love it when they start talking & interacting. Maybe at some point you can begin taking him to story hour at teh local library, my kids loved that kind of thing.

Cyn. Hope your day was easy!
                      Hello to Pie & Wags if you’re looking in.

Have a nice night all,
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...the snow storm arrived as promised. Woke up to a blizzard however it was just below freezing. Heavy wet snow blanketed everything but the roads were warm enough to keep it melted. We had light snow for most of the day but it has now stopped and things are already drying up. Well, my day turned out totally different than I expected. Got in early to start on the online facility booking procedures and promptly got waylaid by Civic Affairs. Not sure if I've mentioned this before but the City is trying to push through a blanket rezoning city wide. Everyone is up in arms and the city hearing is scheduled for Apr 22nd, so our Civic Affairs committee has been going flat out with information sessions and getting people to write their objections to the city before the deadline of Apr 17th, tomorrow. So the Director sent me our Associations letter to the city to post on the website, which I did, Then she started sending resident's letters to the city and wanted them posted to the website as well. So I had to redesign the page I had previously updated and started adding the other letters. And they just kept coming! Spent the entire day on updating the website!

Mick...good thing you got out early with your friend to take those fantastic pics before it started raining, yet again. Our snow has stopped but it's supposed to be very windy with a north wind for the next couple of days. So glad I switched my Dr.'s appt from today to Friday. LOL

Slo...ah, the freedom of being single again. LOL Glad you had a good time with D2 and Huxley and his laughter. And now you're Gamma!!

Lav...72 sounds like my ideal temp. I would have loved to been able to take some lessons from your Georgia nurse, I think I would have liked her too. To be honest I don't like the season changes either. I just get used to the one I'm in, how I manage my day to day, and then it changes and I have to start all over again. LOL

Shout out to the rest of the group. Have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

Hiya all..how are we today then? Hope all is good with everyone 13 degrees here today and lovely and sunny .taken the camera out so let's see what we can get. I have a full range of lenses now and to be honest I have saved quite a bit o money shopping around and bu preloved as it is now called
                          hiya lav how are you doing today then? Hope all is well with you. We have the sun..it is really good.
                          I have done the drive now..all i need to do is move the van..hope you have a good day.

Hiya ppqp hows you then today? So yesterday turned out completely different did it? Was it a drama Free day? Have you still got The snow or has it all disappeared? In case you didn't realise I am trying to do this on my phone.Definitely.My fingers were not made for this keyboard at all! Hope you have a good day.

Hello gammand how are you today then? It sounds like you had a good day yesterday Well done you. Are you still feeling as fed up are a bit more positive? I really enjoy being out with the camera. Even though at times I don't get any decent pictures. At least I am still out in the wild blue. Beyond I say blue but mainly it is grey! Hope you have a good day, keep your chin up.

Hello, hope things are OK with you.And also on the fostering programme as well.

Hello TG how are you today? Are you working? Take it easy and look after yourself

​​​​​​​I am at Julie's nephews wedding. This need to some suitable clothing out. Even I don't think I get away with track suit and trainers. Exclamation care all have a great day.

Comment

Good evening folks,

it was kind of a meh day - not good, not bad Lol. Mostly cloudy & cooler than it has been. Guess the clouds will hide the Leonids meteor showers. I’m a geek & love to see that stuff 😊

PQ, you really did have a different kind of day yesterday. So what’s the point of re-zoning the entire city? Is it an opportunity to collect more tax dollars? It’s usually something along those lines, what a pain. Glad you didn’t actually get snowed in or anything, geez. It’s time for Spring to make an appearance. I’ve been thinking about my mood all day & have come to the conclusion that I’m just turning into a grumpy old fart haha!! I have no idea what I want especially, just not all this boredom of late.

Mick, I definitely suggest a coat & tie for the wedding, Lol. You don’t want to be taking attention off the bride by showing up in your old funky tracksuit.
                            glad yo had a decent day for a change, it was definitely your turn.

Hello to Cyn & Slo, Pie & anyone dropping in later.
                            Have a nice night all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...no snow today but it was socked in with a cold wind blowing a hooley. Felt like a winter's day. Other than that the work day was ace. Boss in early for his Board Meeting so he left around noon. Things quieted down with Civic Affairs so was able to work on my online facility bookings. YAY

Mick...I can't believe you had RF day. (rain free) And the sun was out! Hope you got lots of pictures. Good for you on saving $$ with the preloves, I would expect nothing less. There wasn't enough time for drama in my world yesterday, everyone stayed far away. LOL There's still snow around, not on pavement though. It's going to be cool and overcast for the rest of the week but we should get rid of the last of the snow over the weekend. Hoping this is the turning point! All in all, a good day.

Lav...you certainly have the place to geek out over the meteor showers! Sorry the clouds will get in the way tonight, how dare they. I will never picture you as a "grumpy old fart" you're just in the "in between stage" can't hunker down with indoor activity but can't get out to start the outdoor activity. Spring will eventually get there and you'll settle into your next routine. The point of the city wide rezoning is the Federal Government has offered the City, directly, mega bucks for housing projects, but only if the entire city is re-zoned. This has also been offered to other cities in the province. So, of course, our Premier, my boss's sister, is pissed. She has announced new legislation to make it illegal for municipalities to accept federal grants without the province's approval. It's been described as "Mom & Dad are fighting and the kids are the ones suffering" LOL It looks like both Mom & Dad are going to loose their jobs with the next election. LOL

Waves to TG, Slo, Pi. Have a great night all....PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X