No announcement yet.

28th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screenshot_20240501_090806_Facebook.jpg Screenshot_20240501_090806_Facebook.jpg

af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Arrrgh I have written a post and it isnt here. I put a picture up and its got rid of the post Don't know what im doing wrong but no more pics. I will put them on fb from now on.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening folks,

I hate to admit it but we broke down & turned on the AC this afternoon. It’s so early but it’s so hot, ugh. Looking forward to better sleep in cooler air tonight .
        Doc had a great 1st night, slept all the way thru in his crate with no whining to go out at 3 pr 4 am, haha. Matilda still refuses to go anywhere near Doc & the cats have bee in hiding which is OK with me. It’s only been a little over 24 hrs since Doc’s arrival.

Mick, saw you FB pics, thanks, looks like you two are having a great time!
        Just when I think I have this site figured out something changes, go figure. Hope Julie’s Dad is OK

PQ, I think Doc will fit into the zoo here just fine. Of course he will end up being the biggest of all the zoo residents, Lol. Hope you had a great day!

Hello to Cyn, Slo, Pie & everyone.

Have a great night all!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...well there was no snow when I woke up this morning. Although the snow fall warning was still in effect we got mostly rain all day with a bit of snow flakes mixed in. I just hope it doesn't turn to pure snow overnight. This is supposed to go on until Friday. At least it keeps the gardeners off my back. LOL

Mick...I was wondering about the huge British Hierarchy of needs. LOL I'll watch for the pics on FB. Hope you guys are having a great time.

Lav..oh no!..the AC already. LOL It's a perfect night to light the fire and curl up with a book here. We are sitting at 0C/32F. Glad Doc's first night was a good one, that's one way to keep those cats in check. It was a drama free day, accountant worked from home today. Quiet as far as interruptions from phone, drop ins and emails so was able to get a lot of work done on the online booking program.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all...PPQP

Comment

MAE ALL...wow, that's a first. I'm talking to myself. LOL We didn't get the expected snow, just a lot of rain and it was cold and blowy out. Felt like a winter day with it being socked in. Quiet day at work, no drama. Trying to get caught up on the community garden work, lots to do to get the new season started.

Hoping all is well and you have a good night...PPQP

Comment

Hey PQ & everyone,

So happy to hear you are snowless PQ .
              Well it turns out the AC runs but it’s not cooling anything. We had a repair guy here this afternoon, he will return tomorrow with the needed part. Turns out we also found the hot water tank leaking in the basement, WTH? So that guy is going to bring a new one - it will be the 3rd for this house that only turns 21 years old in July. Absolutely nothing holds up anymore & we’re not buying cheap products. Houses & cars = money pits for sure .

Pie, I just saw the news & heard about the heavy storm out your way. Hope everything is OK with all that rain.

Mick, I know yo & Julie are having a good trip, keep enjoying.

Cyn & Slo, hope all is well with the two of you.

Sitting on the deck for a bit so I can watch the hummingbirds at the feeder. Still pretty hot out here but the temp is supposed to magically drop overnight.
              Have a good one everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,
                Mick, so sorry about the news of FIL falling... but I was glad to read that you two didn't have to change plans. I LOVE the hierarchy... true to my roots, that is also my hierarchy... a cup of tea can solve nearly anything. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip in peace.

Lav, so sorry about the AC and the water heater!! You maybe need a House Whisperer... or maybe Doc will be the answer!! He surely is cute... I didn't realize that you still have Matilda... I hope she copes with the new situation okay. Glad the pup slept through the night... bonus!

SLO - oh well, new clothes are fun to have, whatever size!

PQ - oh not more snow!! So sorry. But as you say, it's keeping the garden folks off your list for a bit. Good luck, and I hope your weather improves...

Yesterday took my elder cousin to see the new place that she will be moving into... she is very happy now - the view is great, and there will (hopefully) be enough room for her treasures.With the early AM cooking and then Rehab, then taking cousin to see the new place, I was a wet noodle by the evening. Worked today though, and am doing okay. So grateful.

My SD is on her way here from CA (driving cross-country). She's already in Las Vegas tonight, and tomorrow will re-visit some spots in Utah where we were with her dad on vacation. I took some particular days off to be ready to help her move in, but now those dates have changed... not sure I want to try to adjust my schedule again... as it is, I will be working 5 days in a row because of the way I already re-arranged... that's going to be too much for me, so I'll be trying to find people to take some of my shifts... ah well, I'm lucky to have a job where these things have flexibility! Really hoping that she will be able to dodge any bad weather...

We are getting a nice amount of rain so far this spring... so lovely - things are gloriously green here right now... Here's hoping that continues!

Wishing all well tonight --
                TG/Cyn

Comment

Morning all how are we doing today then? Hope all is well .off to the tank museum this morning..should be good. Feeling a lot better today..and guess what. No rain either. Was. messing around with the other lens yesterday...took the pics of the helicopters as the site we are on is not far from their base was impressed with the clarity ofvthe pics.Julie phoned the care home yesterday..her dad is in good spirits and doing ok.Bank holidays weekend here..the madness begins..thats why we book sites in advance..especially considering the weather is supposed to be really nice...we shall see .do you have the May bank holiday where you are too?have a great weekend all

Comment

We don’t have bank holidays, but we do have a 3-day weekend in May; Memorial Day weekend.

I haven’t been adjusted for awhile because I was being re-evaluated (X-rays, testing of sensation) at the regenerative pain clinic, so was in between sessions; and also had to miss an appointment with my other chiropractor. So finally today I had my hip and knee and neck adjusted (as well as had the laser and e-stim and neck traction too), and am feeling much better and more balanced. And I also got my newly adjusted and padded orthotics back. Now if I can just get my shoes back from the cobblers! Presently I only have one pair of shoes that work.

It is a phenomenally gorgeous day here today! Spring has arrived! All the sun and a chance to bike (since I can’t take walks) is helping my mood, which has been tanked lately.
                    i cleaned my car interior and am getting my laundry done.
                    Tomorrow I am heading on a journey to the cemetery with my sister on our dad’s birthday (and funeral day), to visit his grave and our brother’s grave. And all the other dead Norwegians too.

You have had an eventful week at work, PQ, and a real mix of days. It’s time for a break!

Lav, you have a good yard for dogs to run around in.
                    It’s a good thing after all that you turned the air conditioner on early!

TG, so annoying that you ended up with 5 days of work in a row in order to help your SD, only to have it not work out. Exciting that she’s on her way!

Yesterday I got together with my former sister-in-law and her caregiver. It was good, but being with them and in an old familiar place coughed up a lot of memories, and the weird feelings of not being a part of my in-law family now. And wondering if I should’ve/ could’ve played my cards differently…gah! Need to stop that!

Mick, glad the FIL is good so you can enjoy this vacation.
                    Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Good evening friends,

well thank goodness the excessive heat moved out, back to more average temps for a while. It also looks like we could have a bit of rain each day for the next 7 days. The AC repair guy was here & got that fixed so it will be ready when the heat returns. Hot water heater will be here next week. We still have hot water but the tank is doing some leaking, not too bad. Doc got his first (much needed) bath today to get the barn floor odor off of him, haha. He was pretty good about it & fit into the laundry room tub. My youngest cat Bob decided to spend the night outside & looked like hell when I found him under the deck this morning. I brought him inside, he refused to eat & just slept all day. What a life haha!

Cyn, please don’t wear yourself out with all you have to do. I know you like to help others (I do too) but we need to reserve some energy for ourselves, right? Glad your rainy season is greening up your surroundings. It will be nice having SD nearby I’m sure. Matilda is slowly starting to accept Doc, I think the cats are too

No bank holidays for us Mick, every day is a holiday in the US haha!!
                      Glad you’re enjoying all the sights & having nice weather too! Greta pics & I’m glad you found your favorite tank.

Slo, we do have plenty of room for dogs here, just need to keep them off the road. I have had an electronic collar on Matilda for years, works great. Now I’ll need one for Doc too.
                      Sounds like you really benefitted from the adjustments, glad you’re feeling better. Please don’t overthink your decision re your in-law family. There’s no reason you can’t remain friends. When YB’s youngest brother left his marriage & 3 little kids I decided screw that. I’m still friends with his ex wife today.

Pie, I hope you’re not involved with the flooding situation in Houston. The news always scares me a bit.

PQ, I hope your day was quiet & your weekend is as well.

Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all,
                        just a quick check-in... thanks for the news of the day today. Mick, so glad to hear that all is stable at home with FIL... I hope it stays that way.
                        As Lav said, Memorial Day is our 1 day off in the spring... we usually bring flags to the cemetaries. I will try to take flowers to my mother's grave on Mother's Day... always hard to know how to leave the flowers, as we have no receptacle in the ground... but I think it matters... I often strew the gravestones and make them look pretty.
                        PPQ - I hope your day was free from annoyances - one can hope anyway.
                        LAv, so good to hear that the household is doing well with the addition of the puppy! (PS - is the mattress pad you use something that stops EMFs, or what? Thinking about getting something like that...)
                        SLO, good news that some of your therapies are working! And I agree with Lav - keep sending your good energy out into the world as you do - regrets and thinking about the past don'r really serve us in the present. Hard to do ,I know...

I had a good day off today. Well, off from work. Did some housework to get ready in case SD needs to stay here before movers arrive. But didn't get really involved. I am trying to make sure that I get in enough time to "build up reserves"... that habit is helping me not just "crash" from exhaustion. Back to work tomorrow, but all will be well.

Sending best wishes to all - TG

Comment

Hey kids,

i’m the first one here today? Ok then…nHope everyone is well & enjoying a nice Spring day. We’re under cloudy skies with rain off & on all day but at least it’s not hot outside. I did about 5 minutes of housework which is how long my attention span is for stuff like that haha!. I made another batch of roasted potato salad, roasted the potatoes & carrots in the air fryer. Great recipe if you want to try it yourselves. Can’t seem to copy & paste the link but the recipe is on https://,godairyfree.org
                          Baby dog Doc is doing real well, no complaints.

Cyn, I guess you’re on your 5 day work stretch now. Take it as easy as you possibly can. I do use grounding sheet & mat every single day/night. I swear I sleep better (at least until my 4 am hot flash wakes me up, no kidding). Take a look on their website https://groundingwell.com/page/faqs Sleeping better means feeling better & yo can’t beat that!

Hello to Mick the traveller, PQ, Slo, Pie & everyone.

Have a nice night all,
                          Lav
                          Last edited by Lavande; May 4, 2024, 05:31 PM.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                          X