No announcement yet.

5th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the MWO mail thingy isn't working right for me. Says I have a new message but I can't figure out how to get to it. Only very old messages from years ago. hmmm.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Well, I better continue to post here then if PQ isn’t on Messenger. I like reading your posts too!
      Thankfully Boss is onto what Childcare is dumping on you without warning, and is intervening with that.
      Beef dips!? Lucky sons!
      Enjoy your 3-day weekend!

TG, what a thoughtful gift for the Long Covid clinic gang! I am so happy that their advice & interventions are successful.
      Big storms rolled through here too.

How was your lunch date, Lav?

Det, what an amazing, exotic haircut you had in Turkey!!
      My hairstylist is from Albania. It seems like a nice place in many ways.

I love old stone ruins, Mick. They are gorgeous to me for some reason, so I enjoyed the pics.

My foot is hurting a lot with this weird platform shoe that I have to wear. Finally another shoe is ready at a cobblers, so I can make the long drive tomorrow to pick it up, and hope that the new pair of shoes will be better than this.
      It’s frustrating that I can do so little in a day, or get worn out and in too much pain. Like I tried to do both all my laundry AND clean & mop the deck yesterday, and it was too much.

Tomorrow I babysit Huxley in the morning. Saturday I get to watch my nephew play lacrosse, then go to a play at a theater with my daughter, then babysit Huxley in the evening. Sunday & Monday I will head north to spend time with those three grandchildren.

Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

MAE ALL...what a difference a day makes! It's as if everything just came together. It was quiet as far as phones/emails/counter traffic is concerned. Got all my articles off the the publisher, sent edits to the boss for the online rental agreement and the 2 schedules. Spoke to childcare about next steps and what they needed to do, I know what I need to do. LOL Boss is dealing with an extremely aggressive realtor so warned me he might be in a bitchy mood for the next 8 weeks. LOL He left at 4 today and I wasn't far behind him.

Det...54, you youngen you! I couldn't imagine coping and dealing with living in a new country, you are one brave soul and I am impressed. Good idea about the rotating beacon on your helmet. I don't know the whole story about why you ended up where you are but am so glad to hear that your girlfriend back in UT is still part of the picture. I just thought she was so right for you. We finally got some heat today (sorry) and a bunch of flowers popped out. So nice to see the colour again. I am very lucky with this boss as we can talk and he does recognize all that I do. So jealous of your incredible haircut experience as mine was the total opposite. LOL Thanks for the IG and FB info, I've tried searching back as you told us before but couldn't find it. I know I could have asked Lav but sometimes it's a personal thing and didn't want to put her on the spot. Rest assured, we're all trying to get used to the new MWO.

Slo...was hoping I'd see a post from you. We can compromise, you can look for my posts here and I will look for yours on messenger. I'll still respond here so you're forced to check in. LOL I will be going into work in the morning just to wrap everything else up but I'll be gone by noon. It's going to be 25C/77F, shorts and flip flops here we come. I do feel appreciated by my boss, that's huge. I hope the long drive to the cobblers is well worth it and you can start to get some relief with the pain and exhaustion you currently have. By the way, who need the deck mopped? You've got a fun filled weekend ahead, enjoy.

It always feels strange when I don't see posts from Mick & Lav. Wishing everyone a good night....PPQP

Comment

Good evening all!

Well we had some excitement here today. Had to take Doc to an emergency vet in Delaware for a minor procedure. Don’t want to gross anyone out be he had a prolapsed rectum. I went through the maneuver to replace it (nurse stuff) but it popped right out again so I said he’s got to see a vet. Our regular vet was so busy & had no time to see him today & I wasn’t going to let this situation wait. We found the vet ER not all that far away in neighboring Delaware. They think the prolapse is due to a possible worm/parasite situation (even though he’s already been dewormed). So he ‘s getting a week’s worth of deworming med, an antibiotic Flagyl for the inflammation & they put in a purse string suture to hold things in place (ouch). We will take him back Sunday or Monday to have the suture removed. In the meantime we have to feed him a low residue diet & also give him a stool softener haha! Also there’s a tube of antibiotic ointment to be applied every 3 hrs, I’ll be busy for a few days & of course he’s wearing a cone to keep him from disturbing the suture. Now you know the whole story of my day. Everything else is fine.

Slo, good luck with the new shoe,I hope it’s comfortable. I also wish you tons of fun with the kids & grandkids the next few days. Sounds like yo have a full schedule.

Det, you are a very young man & it is brave of you to follow your dreams. Somehow mine all got lost in the rush of life. Glad you had the ultimate haircut experience, that had to make you feel good. Talk about a full service salon, nice. Take care in the extreme heat but have fun.

PQ, happy to hear your well deserved time off is near. Relax as much as you can & silence your phone.
          We do have a chair parked in front of the new dryer vent to keep inquisitive pups away. We’ve had sun, clouds, drops of rain & humidity today. My hair is freaking out. Looks like tomorrow is going to be a wash out!
          Some day it will be nice again, Lol

Cyn, hello to yo & I’m sure you’re as busy as ever. Take care!

Have a nice night all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Aloooha Friday ABerooos.

Frustratingly, another pointless day of trying to find my package shipped from the US. I've now been to 5 post offices in 3 towns and the long story is they have no idea, so it looks like
            that was just a painful learning experience. ack! thankfully it's just stuff. I figure something out.

Sol, good to see you. I'm in Montenegro (haven't been to Turkey yet but it's on my bucket list) Hope you get those new shoes soon.

PPQ, your post was so positive and totally cheered me up Too humid here for me and I don't have a clothes washer so I do laundry in the shower. it's quite an ordeal and the clothes don't come out right but at least they don't smell like a dead donkey anymore.

Lav, thank you. Yes, trying to keep my chin up though this craziness of new things be they ups or downs. And to restart the whole process this coming Monday in yet another place. Deep breath, and away we go. Poor pup and you are going through a lot too. Very best on the healing for Doc. There are a ton of homeless kitties here but they seem quite healthy by and large. Just not used to seeing them.

Well, after another day of completely rediculous perspiration...shower and Aussie-style laundry time for me.

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings everyone,

We had another cloudy & damp day here but it wasn’t a complete washout. Doc is doing fine, pestering the other dog & cats just for fun, hahah!!! I went out this morning & got him a soft inflatable collar to go around his neck to keep him away from his sutures. Those plastic collars are terrible & he kept bumping into walls & furniture, crazy.

Det, sorry your package has found you yet, that’s a shame. Maybe it’s on a really slow boat?? Sounds like your adventure continues on, try to enjoy it all. Btw, I’d smell like a dead donkey in all that heat & humidity too LOL. I like your laundry process, better than beating it on rocks down at the river, right? Take care & stay safe.

Hello to all the missing & hope everyone is well.
              Have a nice night all!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...I'm a tired puppy but the community garden is up and ready for the season. There were 12 volunteers that showed up so lots of hands. Still took us 3 hrs. but was so pleased to see everyone stepping up. I should really charge for my time as I spent a lot of time settling disputes amongst the pickleballers on the court. They are definitely a different breed. Talk about entitlement! LOL

Lav...oh no! The Doc saga continues. He sure is lucky he found his home with you. 3hrs a day, it's like having a new born in the house. Glad everything else is ok. You can probably move the chair from in front of the vent now that he's got a cone on. The inflatable collar will probably work too. LOL We had great weather for the garden opening and got finished before the main heat hit. They're calling for pop up thunder storms this afternoon so we timed it just right. Our rainy weather returns for the beginning of the week and we'll probably welcome it after the heat this weekend.

Det...how frustrating, 5 post offices and you probably got the same answer from everyone of them. LOL I'm sure it will turn up eventually. I'm glad my post cheered you up, thank you for letting me know. The odd time we will get humidity here and I think OMG, I could never live with that. Laundry in the shower, who knew. Haha

I'll have a quick look at messenger and see what the other's are up to. Hope you all have a great Saturday....PPQP

Comment

Good evening all,

Late checking in we decided to take a run to Costco after dinner which was a mistake. It was a sea of humanity haha! I also needed to get to a fabric store, pillow requests coming in & I need fabric.
                  We had mostly sun today, not hot at all. Clouds are moving back in so we won’t get a view of the northern lights, bummer. Doc is happy & getting a bit bossy. Matilda wants to snap his face off, so far no injuries.
                  Tomorrow is Mother’s Day here in the US. My daughter sent me a beautiful vase of flowers. I’ll be lucky to get a text message from my son.

PQ, so happy to hear your community garden volunteers stepped up today, yay!! You sound like a charge nurse - putting out fires before too much damage is done LOL
                  there’s been a lot of severe storms across the country along with very damaging tornadoes. I feel lucky we haven’t had anything like that yet. I hope those storms keep on moving far away.

Hello to the rest of the group, hope everyone is OK.
                  Have a nice night all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Whew, actually slept last night which is nice. PPQ, that's some highly productive time off! well done.
                    Lav, I have a love/hate relationship with huge stores like that. Shops here are typically quite small which
                    makes it hard to find a lot of things (and you certainly don't want to have anything in the post) so it's a bummer
                    if you need a new set of propellers for your drone like me. Hopefully Tirana will be a good balance of things....
                    we'll find out soon as my bus leaves tomorrow. Just been packing up my crappola and getting ready for that.
                    Mick, what adventures are you up to? Still do the mental defecting thing?
                    ciao for now loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X