AF Daily - Sunday December 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my one week anniversery today! Feeling great and have no urges to be the person I was a week ago. Have broken my laptop though so am having to do this on my iPod. For that reason I'll keep it short and sweet and wish you all a sober free day!
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Good morning all, glad to be here - just been catching up on the thread, loving the positive posts and encouraging support....

I reckon the only failure is in not trying at all.....

And echoing Det, : Be well, indeed, my friends
      *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Cymru, well done mate! so glad to hear it.
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

This is kinda where I am at, Doggygirl -- hoping some big wind or higher power (or worse) will come plundering thru my front door, and that will be the MOTIVATION for me to STOP NOW. Who the hell am I kidding? What scares me is that that THING will be something terrrible that I have done while drinking, or should have done and didn't.

I know I have to listen to the small voice, instead of waiting for the big voice. Why do I say the same thing to myself day after day after day? I don't drink in the afternoon, but I am already feeling this way now. SO conflicted when it really is not a conflict at all. Does that make sense?

And, hubby and I tend to have similar coping mechanisms to deal with life's problems. So I feel like life is really a mess, times two.

Sorry to ramble.

Comment

oh, sorry to post on an AF thread. I just wanted to respond to DG's comments.

Comment

:yougo:CONGRATULATIONS CY ON ! WEEK SOBER!!:yougo:

Good job. You sound terrific! Keep choosing not to drink and life will move in the right direction for you!

Hi R2C looks like we cross posted too. I've seen people mention the word "safe" as it pertains to various areas of the MWO web site. I guess I don't so much see things as safe / unsafe as much as seeing that certain threads contribute positively to my sobriety / do not contribute positively to my sobriety. But this thread FOR SURE contributes positivley to my sobriety!

Greenie have fun at the ice cream celebration! Wish I could be there! Congratulations on this milestone. And for handling estranged one so well.

Namaste, I too love what you said - the part that Deter quoted. Well, I liked all of it but especially that part too. You are right we have to fill ourselves with good and healthy things. When we do - it sure makes booze seem WAY less appealing doesn't it? In fact totally unappealing is a better way to put it.

Deter - glad to hear you are sleeping well the last few days and none of those dreams! Hey - when you are done with the projects at your house......

Good mornin' Kap! Well, I have no idea what time of the day it is for you...I am time zone challenged! Good day whatever time it is!

This is kinda where I am at, Doggygirl -- hoping some big wind or higher power (or worse) will come plundering thru my front door, and that will be the MOTIVATION for me to STOP NOW. Who the hell am I kidding? What scares me is that that THING will be something terrrible that I have done while drinking, or should have done and didn't.

I know I have to listen to the small voice, instead of waiting for the big voice. Why do I say the same thing to myself day after day after day? I don't drink in the afternoon, but I am already feeling this way now. SO conflicted when it really is not a conflict at all. Does that make sense?
              Sadly, it's very possible it COULD end up that way. There are others who come and go, but there are 4 "regulars" in my SMART face to face group including me. Of the 4 of us, I am the only one, AND ONLY BY SHEER LUCK who has not had a DUI and lost my driving priveliges (sp). IT IS ONLY BY SHEER LUCK that I have not killed someone with my car. IT IS ONLY BY SHEER LUCK that I have not suffered FAR worse consequences than I have. My drinking problem was just as bad, and in a couple cases I'm pretty sure it was worse than folks that are suffering years worth of consequences that by all rights, I should be suffering. I think about this every Sunday when I meet with this little group.

Please don't wait for the Big Consequences to take serious action and stop drinking. I know that having a partner who also drinks and wants a drinking buddy makes this harder than NOT having that challenge - but please don't let that stop you from doing the right thing. The way I see it, it's only a matter of time until drinking brings on some seriously bad conseuquences. Even if we're lucky forever in our vehicles, our livers won't last forever.

OK - off soap box....

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hiya all,

DG, thanks for taking on the mantle (is that at all close to the correct expression?)... and making your MARK! (hey, I am still waiting for the promised avatar to go with it).

Tom, what a great post! It really makes sense, doesn't it? The cycle thing, well, it's science in action, isn't it?

And, like you said,
                If you eat poorly and don't exercise, you want to drink... if you eat good and exercise, you don't want to drink ... Oh so simple, but elusive to those of us who will do anything to fool ourselves.

Cindi, so good to "see" you calm again, which really, is your more natural state. I think you may lose track of that, but you have been very sober and a huge support to many of us here through thick and thin.

A theme that was taken up today is the fear of failing, and that this can actually be a self-fulfilling fear... something I think we should all be very aware of. How about we think about how we feel, sober and happy, and we are going to keep on being that way because we like it. Period. ?

I liked what Ready2change wrote:

ready2change;489020 wrote:
                Being sober can be done, remaining sober is how we choose to live our lives and the changes we make to ensure our sobriety.
                R2C
                And hey Greenie-- good going! This must be an extremely hard time for you, and yet you seem rock solid. Soda and lime, girl!

Namaste, you always overwhelm me with your wisdom... I am nowhere near you in your journey, but I can relate to the bottomless pit (I'll try to fill it in other ways than AL).

cymru, Happy anniversary! btw, if you spill liquid in your computer, you should remove the battery and all connections immediately and let it dry out for 24 hours. Usually, it will be fine. If not, it can usually be fixed by a simple cleaning out of parts (costing about $100, at most)... just a tip from my own embarrassing experiences.

Kap, your positiveness never fails to cheer me up (or is it that ridiculous avatar?)

CS04-- well, you know I love you and you are welcome here for sure, AF or not. All you need is the desire. And you have that in a big way. You know you are not kidding anyone. You said so. We look forward to you coming here more. You can do this. "You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

I can't possibly "hit" everyone today, but just know that I appreciate all of you and all you contribute here.

And to echo other members here today-- "to the honorable and healthier life!"
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hello everyone!

I don't have anything deep and meaningful to add, but I wanted to welcome CS. No one owns this thread and I agree with Beatle, all that is required is the desire to be AF. I think you qualify and it pains me to see you still struggling so. I've come to realize there are so many different types of "us". I don't think I wa as deeply addicted to al as I thought I was.
                  THANK GOD! I truly feel for those that are. Even though my DH continues to drink, I'm learning to handle it so much better. I'm learning to be my own person, not just what everyone else wants so there is no conflict. But I also know when to speak up and when to just make myself scarce. I don't think it bothers him much that I'm not his drinking buddy anymore. In fact, it comes in real handy for him when we go out he always has a DD now.
                  And, like DG--I'm another of those lucky ones that never got caught drinking and driving. I took way too many chances and I am very ashamed of that. What finally made me realize I could not control my drinking was a VERY near DUI for both DH and myself, and I should not have been driving for sure! I chose to take that as a sign that I better not push it another minute longer. It doesn't take something drastic to happen or for you to "hit bottom" in order for us to learn this new healthier lifestyle. I can honestly pass this forward from my good friend living free who constantly told me 'IT GETS EASIER!" It does. It takes practice. It becomes a fun challenge. Sure there are bad days, but in the long run, it is so worth it. Only you can do this if you want it bad enough. I KNOW you can!!:h
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Where is WIP??
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi LV and all, just wondering how everyone is and if anyone is about?!??!
                      *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

LTV, WIP has stepped away from MWO for awhile.
                        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

That's too bad AA.

Comment

Working...
                          X