Monday 15 December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 15 December

I know I've been on here a lot today, but the last couple of days have been shit and I'm really struggling. My mum (84) had a fall on Friday - she is fine physically but it has resulted in a loss of confidence and she has been quite needy over the last couple of days which is stressing me out. And we have just received news through Uncle Mame's lawyer that his ex has decided that his son's Xmas visit has been truncated to 1 day and not 4 weeks as has been planned.

I have the rest of the work team arriving in about an hour for some Jan-March planning, but at the moment that feels like the only thing between me and the bottle store ...... might go and see who is on chat ..........
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Monday 15 December

SpottyDingo: Yes, I will go & take a zinc lozenge right now. I forgot I even had them. We have a lot of nice plans coming up, & I want to be well. I feel quite a bit better tonight, having slept all day yesterday & part of today. It's amazing how the family rallies when something happens to Mom.

As far as holiday plans: We have a dinner here Sat. night w/dear friends who drink but very mod. On Christmas Eve, we have plans w/some friends, again who are mod drinkers. And Christmas Day will be w/the kiddos. I'm finding I don't have a problem when I'm w/dear friends & family, most of whom don't drink at all or not very much. New Year's Eve is a charity event, but I know there won't be an open bar, so again I'm not too worried. I can't imagine what people do when AL was the crux of the relationships. When we were younger, that was the case for us. I'm so glad to be sober today.

I really feel that my sobriety is a direct result of being a member of MWO. I'm not a member of any other on-line group, so this is very important to me. I like my Alanon & AA meetings, but MWO is much more direct & immediate.

Thank you all for being here.

Love, Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Monday 15 December

Mary,

I am so glad you are feeling better. I got hit hard last week and I know how helpless it makes you feel. Hubby happened to be out of town at the time. In some ways it was good and in others it was bad.

Take good care of yourself.

4thboyz, so glad to see you again. Let's get the ointment on that ouch!!

Spotty, Mame, DogLvr, Det, Charlee, OMW, WIP, LVT, AA, this has been a great thread. Insight versus hindsight. I loved it.

AA, what you said reminds me of something AA (heh) teaches, "For today, I will do the right thing."

Love to all from Omaha and I hope I get out of here one day....
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Monday 15 December

Hello to ALLLLL of you - good to see you Cinders, and Aunty, this is the place to be especially if you are struggling. Keep posting, DON'T PICK UP THAT FIRST FATAL DRINK!

I am 30 days today ( a calendar month tomorrow). I have had many of these, but this one is certainly by FAR the VERY best - and I am taking this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you for your part in my journey so far..Am lovin MWO and also I made a committment to do 90 meetings in 90 days (AA) and that seems to be working real well too.

Bless you all

Kappers x
          *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Monday 15 December

Kap, just a quick note to say congrats to you on your 30 days. Keep up the great work!
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Monday 15 December

Kaponium

Kaponium - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 30 DAYS - THAT IS SUCH A HUGE MILESTONE!! :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
              X