Daily AF Thread - Friday December 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keeta, sending a big hug to you. I understand how al is used to mask other pain and it all takes some getting when you stop self medicating. (())
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

good one AA,you are rt MORE, it does go with AL,AA
      ive been here since june your wisdom far xceeds yur age , and i dont no wht tht is , hav a great christmas gyco

Comment

Just got home from visiting Mother. Took her some wrapped boxes of fancy toasted pecans for her to give out as Christmas gifts to various folks at her facility. It was not as bad as some visits, which is a relief!

Hang on Keeta, and remember that even though NOT drinking won't cure all our "ills" ... it sure will keep from making them much, much worse. You're doing great. I think of being AF as a prerequisite for a good life. It is necessary, but not sufficient.

As for me, I'm getting through it. There oughta be a name for the "Seasonal Affective Disorder" that is peculiar to the "Holiday Season."

Comment

I hope you don't mind me posting here. I use to post here daily, but then started posting on subs for a year; and have not renewed at the moment. As much as I love subs, I really have to focus on my sobriety and take this seriously. I am Court ordered to stay sober, and I very much want to stay sober. So back to basics for me.

My vent of the day:

One thing that has been bothering me lately are all of the campaigns to raise money, food, presents, etc are only a BIG deal at Christmas time. What about the rest of the year? Why is it that people are so giving at Christmas time, but don't think about the poverty of others all year round?

It makes me feel sad. I know it is great that the underpriveledged can celebrate Christmas and eat, and possibly enjoy the season, etc. But do they really have to starve and struggle so much the rest of the year?

What are your thoughts? I know for me when I see the little children out on on the streets or hungry it breaks my heart and makes me feel guilty when Christmas comes along. I do donate, but I do it year round. I am just wondering why is it we only pay attention during the Christmas season?

Comment

AFM, for better or worse I think that this is the time of the year when a lot of people do make donations to charity as part of their Christmas giving. So, the charities naturally ramp up their solicitations, but budget to use that money throughout the year.

I agree though, it would be nice if people thought of others year-round instead of just once a year..
            Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Yeah, I guess you are right, AA. I didn't think of the whole budgeting thing.

But, it would be nice if people thought of others year round.

Comment

Oh, great.

Comment

belated happy Aloha Friday ABland!

been busy as a garlic clove in an Italian foodfight. ?? anyway...busy!
                  great to see the deeper reflections on the season, we are not religious in the classic sense and don't decorate but do enjoy the neighbors decorations and of course natures snow covered trees in the yard are hard to beat.

Keeta, have you increased sugar consumption after going AF? that's something I really have to watch personally. Also if you can get in some exercise, even if quite mild it's very good...hope you feel better!

so good to be home....slept like a rock last night. weeeeeeeee!

be well everyone,
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Cindi? you back home? XXXXX
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

She's home
                      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Working...
                      X