AF Daily - Saturday December 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone...been crazy crazy busy lately, but doing ok. Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel and today marks not quite 30 days AF but I'm calling it a month because it is 4 weeks today that I came back here. It's been the 2nd crazy in the crazy x2 partly because I haven't been drinking I think, and I've just been dealing with some very stressful things without crutches, but the new business and just end of the year deadlines and xmas all running together like a potential train wreck..unless I manage things and work like heck..but I've done it and dealt with lots of difficult personalities and things are beginning to be OK. Lots of lessons learned and knowing that I'm going to be ok....and I've been sick which has made things 100x harder than they would be otherwise. So, sorry for the rushed flyby, just wanted you to know that I've not gone away, I think of you and will be back, and hopefully more consisently.

I am leaving for a week with hubby to Houston to visit his family (something we have never done in 18 years) for xmas..1st time ever leaving my kids (who are grown)..so that will be intersting..they are all grown now and we'll have a little celebration before we leave, but feeling a little sad about that, but looking forward to a simpler Xmas, leaving a stressful month behind and just taking a long road trip where i just have to be a passenger..we are staying on a family member's boat in a marina..kind of cool.

Merry Xmas everyone, it's going to be wonderful new year, I know it is.
    Namaste!
    Dilayne
    It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Reading everyone post reminds me to slow down and enjoy my family. We are spending the day making cookies and candy, having a lot of fun. Baking is much easier when sober!!

wip...hang in there girl!

Be well, nat
      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

I haven't checked in for a while..... I read and then as I'm about to post something pulls me away from the computer. Oh...how I long for the stillness of January!!!!!
        I often don't address everyone individually but I want you all to know how much all of your posts mean to me. I feel selfish reading and then not posting but I promise that i will be a full-time contributer once the New Year arrives.
        With the hectic nature of this time of year I love the "stability" of being sober. I can be stressed out, frustrated, hurt, resentful(although I try not to be),happy, sad or nostalgic but i will not be hung over. I love the power that remaining sober has given me!!
        Congratulations DG, on 7 months!!!!
        WIP, hang in there. This is truly a tough time of year. Your posts are always so special!!!

Phone ringing again....damn......see you all tomorrow

Janet.

Comment

Vinophile! wondering about you....glad to see you.

Dilayne, congrats on your AF month!!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi all,

I've not been posting, but I have been reading. Haven't had much time to do so however, so looking forward to a of of catching up over the next week - finished work on Friday for 3 weeks (with the exception of about half a day finalising a contract that had a last minute hitch, but needs to be signed off). Was really busy for the last week and I was working till 8pm most nights - so have not yet "let go" of work for the year.

DG - congrats on your 7months! And I'm with you on the "bah humbug" thing! May the fudge be with you! :H

WIP - I understand your feeling uneasy, but you have many friends and supporters as I'm sure you know. I for one rely on your insight, experience and wisdom.

To all with small kids ...... enjoy!!!!! When they wake up at 4am and want to open their presents, send them my way!!

a very difficult week here last week and very many thanks to Tiresias and Boozehag who got me through bits of it. The short story is that all our Xmas plans got de-railed at the last moment around Uncle Mame's son spending the next month with us ........ we have spent the weekend being very angry and very sad, but doing lots of talking and have agreed that when we get up tomorrow, we focus on what we have to look forward to. 3 weeks of not working for a start!!! And lots of time to exercise!! (and lots of time to spend with my family who are in town but we might just find other things to do instead! - yeh, right!!) There are longer term issues over access and custody to be dealt with, but nothing that can be done to advance that over the summer break.

but I was a bit miserable last night with Uncle Mame being very distressed over the week .... plus our SPCA foster kittens and their mother were up for adoption, having reached the age and size where they could be de-sexed and re-homed. 2/3 of the kittens have been adopted so far - and we pat ourselves on the back when people tell us how well behaved they are!! Mother cat is lovely - but with so many cats needing adoption her physical limitations may put some people off. We'll see - we may yet bring her back here, but we have other issues to work through first.

So last night we watched the entire last series of "William and Mary" (BBC series - very good for anyone who wants a recommendation for something to watch over the break!!) and I cried through every episode!! And we have 3 new foster kittens arriving Monday pm .........!

We did our last big Xmas shop today (it is Sunday here). Splashed out on cherries and watermelon and asparagus and meat for the BBQ!!! And lots of "Chamdor" - South African in origin apparently, sparkling grape/peach juice, and has got me through a few Xmas events. Family xmas will be AF - not very enjoyable, or joy-ful, but AF!!

hope everyone is doing well .... I'm feeling very happy to see the back of this year. I plan to start 2009 feeling staunch and a big swim!! New Year morning I have a 1km buoy in the harbour that has my name on it ......

mame
            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
            X