AF Daily - Tuesday December 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need someplace to vent! I don't know where else to do this. I don't want to hijack a perfectly good thread, but there will be a new one tomorrow so I don't think anyone will mind.
    Amazing how fast things can go to shit. I know now why I feel a little apprehensive when I start feeling good and happy. Had a perfectly good day which rapidly fell apart when hubby and I had a little conflict. He had been on a good deed mission. When he came home he was in a "funny" mood. Sometimes he makes cracks about the cleanliness of the house--and if I take offense--he is just kidding. When he did this tonight, I didn't do anything, didn't get excited when I told him, Yes, I had washed those windows before, and left the room. It did hurt my feelings, but it wasn't worth getting into it. He hates it when I walk away from him or shut a door on him. Evidently he overheard my son ask why we were in separate rooms--went in the bedroom and shut the door. I decided to buck up and try to talk to him. Told him I knew he didn't like it when I walked away, but felt it was better than over reacting to what he said. He said it was no big deal, I said good, it didn't need to be, but it was obvious he was upset still. When I pressed on he said "I had a couple of beers and I know that always makes you mad." Honestly, I hadn't even thought about it. I did wonder if he had been into some hard alcohol because he was acting so weird--but I wasn't mad about that. Then he brought up how much it had bothered me when he had the whisky drinks last night....Anyway, the conversation was just ridiculous. I am so hurt and angry I just want to leave! Here it is Christmas, and I thought everything was going so well. I don't want to be around him. I'm tired of trying so hard to be a better person, and when I think my happiness is showing--that's a bad thing. He thinks my happiness revolves around whether he has a couple of drinks?? I wasn't suppose to miss a beat when he asked me where the alcohol was, when he usually only drinks beer? Fuck him!
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

LVT,

Vent away. You are amazing. I am so proud of you for being able to stay sober and see what your life's goals are despite being around alcohol in the house.

Hubby is being very defensive and I can understand why, not that it is right, but he does feel guilty and is lashing out a bit because of it.

Just smile and know you are doing the right thing.

Hang in there and I hope your Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are perfect.

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

LVT, I am so sorry that you and Mr. are having discord - especially right before the holiday days. That sucks - plain and simple. I wish I had something constructive to offer - I don't. Other than you let you know that like Cinders, I am so proud of you for the progress you are making in your life, and know it is especially challenging with booze in the house. You have come so far - don't give in or give up your sobriety over it.

:l

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X