Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January (new year) abbercisers!!

we're here for you sausage!

35 minutes swimming 25 minutes treadmill...some thoughts of drinking today as well...

Comment

45 minutes on the treadmill...feeling tired and annoyed...might be here alot this evening.

Comment

1hr Dog walk (slow because I had the chihuahua with me), 40 mins intervals on treadmill. Am doing 2 mins walking, 2 mins running - does this sound reasonable for a beginner?
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

43c heat here today. Going for a run in the cool of the morning. Long swim in the ocean on w/kend, a few barracuda possibly nipping at the ankles, but just gotta not worry too much about long, dark seaweed formations coming alive.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;531878 wrote: just gotta not worry too much about long, dark seaweed formations coming alive.
            Haha. That always freaks me out in the sea!

How are you doing Peacenik? Exercise is supposed to be calming, isn't it, but it sometimes makes me a bit ratty.

Off for a gym'n'swim...
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

i'm good marshy, thanks!

yesterday i did the treadmill for an hour, ran a mile walked the rest.

betty, i trained for and ran a 10k by starting out running/walking a minute each...work your way up, it's the best way for your body to acclimate (imho)

peace all

30 days tomorrow!

Comment

Thanks, how many times a week did you train? Yesterday I walked the dogs and then had a swim. I'm really trying to work on my freestyle, but my ears are just filling up with water and I feel really dizzy, for the swimmers out there do you breathe to both sides when your doing freestyle? (crawl for the UK!). Have a great day. B.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hiya Betty. Some swimmer's wear earplugs. If you have a local pool, they may sell them there? For me, i swim in the sea, and breath on one side, which is just how i happen to swim, and probably not the best technique. My ears fill up, but when i finish, i shake my head, tilt both sides, and most of the water drains out. It's uncomfortable at first, but i got used to it. But, if you're feeling dizzy? Might be best to see a Doc, and a swimming instructor for technique. I hope your day is a safe, and sober one.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thanks Guitarista, I'll look for the earplugs and try again. B.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi all

After a difficult few days I felt more positive this am and headed out to the gym. Was there about 45 mins and burned up approx 400 calories I think, using crosstrainer, stationery bike, rower etc. It's so cold and miserable here in UK I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to exercise. I know it will get easier when the nights get lighter and the weather milder. Have a great sober weekend everyone xx

Comment

Well done Sausage on getting to the gym. I'm originally from UK and believe it or not I really miss the winter!

I did a long walk today, trotting behind DH, I wear a HR Monitor and am finding it motivating to record my results daily.

Take Care, B.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi abbercisers! I need to remember to post here every day for next month. BUT..wanted to check in for the finish of this day/week/month!

I ended up not doing yoga or Curves yesterday (yoga was the goal) due to a overall craptacular day, which is no excuse as I have yoga DVD's at home now. BUT...I didn't want two of those days in a row, so I started the day with an hour of yoga (meditation at the end, and I'm not in shape to do intense yoga yet!). Then went to Curves. My plan was to just do the regular workout and not the boot camp extras. But once I got my heart rate up and was enjoying myself, I went on and did the boot camp. So it was a good day. Now I have to keep telling myself that I do NOT, in fact, deserve gummy bears.

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

helllllooooo...

ran/walked on treadmill and did a 35 minute spin class...

Comment

Have started off a February 09 abbercisers thread now we're into Feburary.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Sausage xx

Comment

Working...
                              X