• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily Friday 2nd January 2009

DG, that thread is here.

Comment

Good morning. Day 2 here. A very good nights sleep last night. Glad to here everyone is doing well.

I liked the story about the pizza. I have 3 daughters about the same ages. I always worry everytime I go out that something like that will happen.

Cheers.

Comment

WIP: I just read that article...very interesting.

We just had some frineds in for breakfast. One is a long-time AA member w/16 yrs. of sobriety. He goes to many, many AA meetings. I asked him if he has heard about lapses & slips. He said that he hears about them all the time. He told me of people w/10 - 15 years of sobriety that took a drink. We alcoholics are never immune, regardless of how long we're sober. I'll come back here w/some other thoughts about this whole thing.

But, he told me that when he first stopped, he looked at a 2 week period only. That seemed to work for him, & it grew into the 16 yrs. he has now.

Cindi: if there's anything at all I can do or say that might help, please feel free to pm me.

Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

It's early evening here.
          I had a lovely AF day. Went out with some "birding" friends and spent the day bird watching. Felt so happy and relaxed when I arrived home, that I have had no craving today. A couple of thoughts popped up, just to tease me, but it was not a problem to push them away. I didn't even feel tempted when one of our party ordered himself a beer with his lunch.
          I always feel relaxed and at home in nature.

Comment

Goodmorning abbers!

It is a beautiful day here. I plan on getting out and getting some fresh air and exercise today. Funny thing my 3 year old told me last night I was getting fat while dressing for bed. LOL! I probably gained about 5 pounds; so back to it.... no more holiday treats for me!

LVT, that would of been so friggen scary! I am so glad that nothing more came of it. Geesh!

Have a great day everyone! Must get moving. I have been slothing around for far too long. The holidays are done so time to get motivated. XOXOXO

Comment

Nat, no news as of right now. The will hold the Marathon one way or another, but whether BOA sponsors it and the actual date it will be run is still up in the air.

Sorry I don't have more info for you. Are you planning on running it?
              Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

AA thanks for the info. I ran the CM a few times. Last time was 2003 when I was prego with mini man. A few months after mini man was born to this past March, I was too busy being a fat lazy drunk to run much. I want to run it again, it is a fun race!!

Thanks again for the info.
                Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

My pleasure - and from what I hear registration is SUPPOSED to open up on Feb 1st.
                  Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Hi all,

still half asleep, so I dont know whether I have taken in much of the posts this morning! I keep sleeping longer and longer every night, but still feel really tired when I wake up. Think my body is only just now starting to relax after a week and a half of being off work. I'm sure I will start to feel better right about the 12th, when I am due back at work!

Cindi - thinking of you lots. Stay close and draw strength.

Hulagirl, know what you mean about getting a bit frustrated with the break ..... I had lots planned to do, but having too much time on my hands means that I do very little! The weather has packed up too, and the last two days we have had rain an gale-force winds, so I haven't been able to get into the garden. I had plans for holiday wet days (cleaning the office, going to movies, breakfasts with friends) but I've been slouching around the house and finished 3 books ......

Have passed on all your compliments to wookie and he took it right in his stride!! Had a quick preen then moved right along ...... :-)
                    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Aloha Friday ABerooos!

been trying to log in for hours but the power has been going off and on due to wind storms.

WIP I found this to be quite profound: The two foundations of wisdom are: clarity and compassion

thank you for that.

doing ok. Dx is not sure why I'm so bummed but I am. Someday these dreams will go away. ugh.

be well everyone
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi everyone
                        Been at work today, and very busy, so first opportunity to log on. All this talk of the Chicago marathon is making me want to run it! Although I live in UK i've done one marathon in USA (New York in 1998) and it was fantastic - my favourite marathon - preferred it to London actually although i've run London 3times. I would love to do Chicago one day and Boston as well as New York again. Haven't been able to exercise today because of work but aiming too tomorrow.

Mo3 loved the post about the hot-tub -(have only just had chance to catch up on late last night's posts) - great how you worked through your craving and came through it. It's being away in different situations like this which I find difficult (hence my drinking on holiday in Oct) also when i don't have the access to MWO for support. Trying to quit before I had the support of MWO was very lonely - I don't feel alone any more.

Have a good AF day everyone

Comment

The OMW crew spent the afternoon dropping a dead 50ft maple. We cut, split and stacked. I came indoors and wanted a glass of wine, figured I worked hard and deserved it. I spent a bit of time thinking about choices and made one. I chose to enjoy my family sober. The urge left me and 2 hours latter I’m still good with my choice.

No drinking thinking!!

Cheer up my blue friends, xoxoxo

nat
                          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Hi again.

I just got back from 2 hours worth of MRAs and MRIs and a follow up doctor's appt.

The absolutely GREAT news is that I do not have lung cancer. Whew. Lung cancer is the most common cause of the eye issue I have.

I also don't have any cervical or carotid abnormalities, nor do I have Lupus.

So, the cause of my eye issues is the cluster headaches, of which there is nothing they can do except try different drugs until we get a combo that works.

I just wanted to let you all know.

I sure hope the drugs they have me on to work on the cluster headaches are not causing my depressive state. I see the doctor again in Jan, though, and can discuss then.

Hubby took me to Birmingham and I am so glad he did. The neuro-ophthamologist dilated my eyes so much that you could not even see my irises anymore. Never been dilated that much before. I would not have been able to make the 90 miles back home.

Thank God for hubby!!

Oh, and even though I am having horrible cravings and thoughts (obviously no where near the non-drinker phase), I am AF.

I have had some bad spells here the last month or so of drinking and I hate myself for it.

Like Mary, though, I am ever optimistic that at some point I will be able to take the "off the wall" desires and kick them to the curb.

Perhaps now that I know I don't have lung cancer and don't have that perking in the back of my brain, it will be easier. I wish I hadn't had to wait so long before the tests were done. It was nerve wracking, to say the least....

Love,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi, I am so happy to hear your news...what a relief.
                              You sound a lot brighter than earlier, I am so pleased.
                              Take care x
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

that is great news cindi!!!! Hope the headaches and everything else gets better soon!!
                                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                                X