Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, July 22

Geeeeeeeeez...

I go away for a couple of days and y'all up and move on me?

Hey stainers, this is irjanedoe2. Yeah, I had to get a new name 'cuz I got lost in registration hell! I have not read your posts yet.

The funeral was... well... like nothing I'd ever seen before (In a good way). Instead of giving a traditional eulogy the preacher read specific exerpts from my Grandmothers' journals, which she'd written and kept her entire adult life. He said he wanted my Granny to tell her own life story. And what a tale she told! She described events in her life... from the every day mundane to sublime joy and all the way to unbearable grief. And all the while her faith, gratitude and trust in her Lord remained constant. What a strong woman!

Brace yourselves for this... She actually wrote a letter to us, her family, in one of her journal entries. It was titled, "Don't mourn for me". It was a beautiful writing that echoed, but consolidated her journal writings. I lost it big time, when she told of how she was blessed to hold her grandbabies and to hear them say "I love you". Her ending words in that entry were, "I'd like to be missed... But don't mourn for me." and then something about being with her Lord that I can't remember to quote for you...

Bottom line... I'll miss my Granny so much, but am so glad she had a kind of celebration of her life and after life service instead of a sad mourning. She wanted that!

I had asked my "Granny" waaaaaaaaaay back when if I could have her journals, when she didn't need them anymore. I have an aweful lot of them now. The rest are with my Auntie. I wish I had them all, but they are where they are supposed to be.

Hugs,
    Jane

P/S... My little dog died this week too. She was old but my constant companion. It's been a sad week.

Comment

Saturday, July 22

New to this thread

Good Sunday morning to you all.

I am new to this thread - today is my 5th day of Abstinence with the help of Librium. Down to 3 tablets a day for next 3 days then 2 for 2 days then 1 for last day. then i go it alone !!
      Have ordered the new CD's and the book as well as Kudzu. Also bought super evening primrose when went food shopping yesterday. About these amino acids. - I have a bottle of - it's called 'Miracle Burn@ it's a herbalconccotion with all kinds of root thingies and vit B6 and it says amino acid complex. - do you think it would be ok to take these? I think I might buy the L- Glutamine - do you think it's worth it because I really don't want to go down the campral route. I don't think that th GP's in England are happy about prescribing Topa from what I've read of other poeples posts - I'd rather just stay herbal.
      As for abstinence. I cannot go any other way. I've fooled myself in the past that 1 glass of wine want harm - and have even popped into the pub ( on my own) aaahhh when I was abstaining , whilst out shopping and although just stopped at the one there - NEEDED to stop at the off licence on the way home and buy a bottle, then thought what the hell, it's buy 2 get one free - ' it's makes more sense' !!! I told myself. Back on that slippery slope again !! So for me it's all of nothing.
      I envy people who can take it and then just leave it but I need more more and more. So this thread is exactly wahat I need to help me keep on that straight and narrow. Just had a cup of coffee - would LURVE a glass oh wine tho !!!
      Keep up the good work.
      Love and hugs on this beautiful sunny morning.
      Bambino
      xxx :h

p.s Jane I'm so sorry about your doggie. I have 2 Jack Russells - You must be devastated. Kiss Kiss
      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Working...
      X