AF Daily Wednesday January 7th 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, my first hubby never ever thought of buying alcohol because he, too, did not like the feeling on it.

I use to think he was an alien and this was long before I had a problem with AL. Man, was he EVER boring! LOL!

Comment

"Believe it or not, there are people out there who do not LIKE the effect alcohol has on them. Not one bit. My hubby doesn't.

He also has a bad back. Doctors have tried to "push" the usual pain meds on him. He takes them once and goes, "I do not like how those make me feel." and doesn't take them anymore.

He doesn't like getting drunk, he doesn't like getting high.

It is why I married him.

He helps keep me alive.

He is rethinking the whole thing, himself, though. sigh.

He is tired of coming home and finding a "surprise." "

My husband is the same way. He is also losing patience with me. Big motivator!

Cindi, I haven't figured out how you do the quote in the reply thing so I don't know if this will look right. Sorry!
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill,

That is okay. If you copy a something and want it "quoted," highlight it and then go to the toolbar on top. There is this icon that looks like a "page" of document. If you highlight it, it says "Wrap quote" text around message" or something like that.

Then click it.

But, AFM, I am happy to say that my hubby is not boring at all. He can answer all the "Who wants to be a Millionaire" questions up to $25K and he can play trivia with the best of them.

He can also answer the questions on the "National Geographic" page. OMG, Okay, he is a nerd.

My kids call me a nerd, but hubby is the real nerd.

LOL

However, I have been with this nerd for 35 years and married for 33 years of them. I'll take the nerd. He is a good nerd.

He holds my hand when I am sick or scared, he laughs when we have things to laugh about, and he wakes me up when I am having nighmares and holds me until I fall back asleep.

i.e. He loves me as much as I love him.

He will leave me if I don't quit drinking, though. And I don't blame him.

Not one whit.

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi, I am glad your husband isn't boring.

I was only kidding when I said that Ron was boring. I did think he was an alien when it came to drinking though. My family are hardcore drinkers and getting drunk is the norm for them. Although, I didn't have a problem then; I thought it was unheard of for someone not to like it. I was 23 at the time; so I was naive.

I am glad you have that man in your life. Same with you sausage. You both are truly blessed.

Comment

Oh, and think about how strong this "whateveryouwanttocallit" is. If I can let my relationship with my husband fall apart because of this, it is strong. I mean really strong.

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

However, I have been with this nerd for 35 years and married for 33 years of them. I'll take the nerd. He is a good nerd.

He holds my hand when I am sick or scared, he laughs when we have things to laugh about, and he wakes me up when I am having nighmares and holds me until I fall back asleep.

i.e. He loves me as much as I love him.

He will leave me if I don't quit drinking, though. And I don't blame him.

Not one whit.
              You're lucky to be married to such a nerd. I am, too. We've been friends since 1974 and husband/wife since '77. I guess the stakes are pretty high.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
              X