Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Wednesday 21st January

Mary, Kitasue,

I like Mary's "no escapes" part too. The more AF time I have behind me, the more I can appreciate how much I used Al as an escape from my emotions, my pain, growing up, taking responsibility...you name it.
    AF Since April 20, 2008
    4 Years!!!
    :lilheart:

Comment

Hi all, sounds like everyone is very positive. I am feeling good, this is day 27 AF. I can not believe it. My energy is low because of a cold. Yesterday I hosted a TV party early for the inauguration. Someone brought champagne, and I just had some sparking juice, did not even think, only thought, by God, by this time, 8:00 am I would have already had 2 glasses of wine and continued with the champs! Did not appear to me anyone else in my crowd experiences the same problem. Well, I am thankful for today. Thankful for all positive change, in me and in my American government. Best to you all for con't AF days in peace.:heart::heart::heart:

Comment

Janice stay strong!

Comment

R2C Thanks for the comments and suggestions on affirmations. The positive/negative makes good sense to me.
          Mary, Thanks for the additional suggestions.
          Det, I appreciated your further comments about when the ?AF honeymoon? wears off. That honeymoon fades faster than you can shake a stick at! Sometimes the work place is so stressful, it makes it hard to focus and maintain the course. I had that happen today. But, I made it home without getting sidetracked. I used affirmations and reasoning with myself by thinking of some of the thoughts I read on this thread. Invaluable!

Again, thanks to all of you who contribute to this thread!
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

My take on the initial period

My take on the initial AF period is that it does not have to be a honeymoon. I looked up how I was feeling after many months AF.

For me the progression over days, then weeks, then months AF was the slow understanding that I don't drink anymore. I think you go from hanging on to some kind of acceptance that that is who I am now. It is a quiet change.
            This was about the 10 month AF mark.

To all who are struggling right now with 30-90 days AF, please know that it does get easier, in my experience, as you gradually know yourself better.

Good night abbers.

July

Comment

Finally I get here. I am so thankful that so many of you have insights and experiences to share. I have nothing to offer right now. Feeling a little run down, stressed from work, too much to do... So keep on talking everyone. I'm listening.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X