AF Daily - Friday 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Friday 23rd

AAthlete;527290 wrote: Janice, I had that feeling last night too and for me it is a combination of things. I think this time of year for me is tough simply because of the crappy weather, so when I don't exercise and eat right I end up feeling like a total slug and it is hard to get anything done. So, I need to pay particular attention to doing the things that I need to do to keep me in the right frame of mind, both mentally and physically.
    +1

I am so starving for sunshine and nice weather. We have not seen any sunshine for over a month now. I really want to get out walking and hiking, but it's too cold and there is ice and compact snow everywhere.

Anyway, day 23 for me. After a particularly rough week at work, I am proud of myself.:goodjob:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 23rd

Morning!

Another beautiful day here! I am just loving it. They are calling for snow this weekend. I will see it to believe it really. The temps are in the minus but I see NO clouds. (sorry Mohun.... )

Nothing to say for me. My life is pretty mellow these days, in which, I appreciate a lot.

Later all.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 23rd

Happy Friday All! For me, sugar is the opposite. It tends to help my cravings. What I find most helps is an oatmeal cookie and a cup of mint tea. After about 15 mins, craving is gone. Overall these first few AF days are low energy for me, and also I lose weight, but I'm thinking that's just my liver switching to burning food and not alcohol for energy. Day 11 here. Tonight will be tough. Maybe even a 3 cookie night. I'll make it through. I'm not going to start again today.

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 23rd

Evening all

Just checking in - not a lot to say, it's friday night and I'm AF! It's definitely easier than it was. Friday nights used to be extremely tough. Good to see so many of you here , and still sober,

Hopefully will have more to say over the weekend - have a great AF weekend everybody!!

Take care

Sausage xx

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 23rd

Greetings all from a sunny downunder. Yep, sweet tooth here too, but for me, no cravings for al as such, more concerned about my blood sugar level's, and general health. Am going to try Stevia as a sweetener in my regular coffee's, as this is when i consume most of my sugar.
            Have a great af w/kend everyone.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 23rd

Evening everybody,

I'm back in London and the first thing I need to gush about is Newsnight. Haven't seen it for a few months, and it was lovely to watch the programme on Obama's inauguration. Congratulations America! It's SOOOOO nice to have you back.

Then onto the news on this thread. Congratulations to DG, WIP and Sausage on the long term AF time, as well as all others who keep on keeping on with the AF days and weeks.

As for the fatigue and crappy weather and no sun light - yep, I'm back from northern climes where I've found vit D to be really helpful. Been on it for 3 months now.

Special thank you to Greenie and her BGP. The image actually flashed thru my head as I was sitting in discussion with my boss, who has completely botched up my leave. He's gone ahead and hired someone to replace me for 6 months instead of just the 3 months I was meant to be gone for. Now, being the bonehead he is, he's blaming it all on me for supposedly being 'unclear' about when I was returning. Which I wasn't! :dontagree: (Grrrrrrr) I'll need to sign up for assertiveness training at some point, because I really am crap at standing up to people who yell at me, but this time I did manage to cut him off and refocus on solving the problem. I'd give myself a B-. Followed by some obsessing about it. Absolutely classic drinking trigger for me. However, I did not even consider AL. Instead, I thought about the BGP and 'the lid'. We did find other temporary duties for me, which still need to be approved by HR. If that goes through, I'll need to adjust my thinking and find the positives in this situation. Foremost among which is that I still have a job in these troubling times.

Here's to BGP! :grannypants: :yougo::rockon:

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 23rd

here! huff, puff. been a long travel day but made it back home and all is well.

love and garlic to you all...will try to catch up soon.

be well
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily - Friday 23rd

AHHH. Friday....Very stressful week and came home to empty house, hubby at golf course. This would have been my perfect scenario for "you know what". So I pigged out on what was left of the ice cream, a few peanut butter cookies that hubby won't eat because of the food scare, finished the last coffee/macadamia nut cookie, had a handful of chocolate chips left over from baking then had the last dark chocolate square What was that all about?! I should have come here first.
                  And all that after taking only fruits and vegetables in my lunch today.
                  Maybe I was just hungry. Well, tomorrows' a new AF day and maybe I'll begin the sugar free day too. ouch.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X