AF Daily - Saturday 24th January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aloha All! Finally...Saturday at last! Thanks for all the reminders to remain another day AF. Day 29 for me. Gotta get into work this week-end to finish what I didn't finish during last week and prepare for next week. ..sigh. So I will probably procrastinate today and end up going in tomorrow. There was a time when I tried to refuse to work on Sunday. The Christian day of rest. But now I am refusing to work on Saturday, which should be my "take care of home" day and play day. Hmmmm...I don't think I play enough...I really need to get some fun activities in my life.
    sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone,

Hats off to all of you who can deal with having
      AL laying around the house. I feel I might have a hard time with that. Mr Cherbear only drinks maybe 1 beer a couple nights a week and he asks me if it will bother me.!
      Same here about 5-7 pm being my tough time, especially on my work days. Also I also Avoid the wine section of the Grocery store now too!!
      Having a great day.
      Hope everyone else has a great AF day .
      May our choices today not result in regret, but rather be wise

Comment

Quick hello... I am very very tired, drove 600 miles today and have about 700 more to go... will try to make it the rest of the way tomorrow, but maybe not. Had a productive week at the old house, but still much left to do... actually I will be flying back on Thursday for a few more days to deal with the painter and a few other matters such as.... the septic tank, which appears to be acting up....

Feels great to be NOT drinking, and not even thinking about it in any way other than relieved that it is not part of my life.

Janice, Jon Kabat-Zinn is one of my teachers (I teach meditation) and his work is fantastic. Glad you are reading one of his books. His latest one is wonderful, too.

Comment

I have lurked a bit on this site and this thread is the most encouraging and real from what I see. I may come here fromtime to time but will read if I am not brave enough to post. Thanks for listning.

Comment

blastercup;528734 wrote: I have lurked a bit on this site and this thread is the most encouraging and real from what I see. I may come here fromtime to time but will read if I am not brave enough to post. Thanks for listning.
            Hi blastercup. Hope to see you post again soon. The waters fine and we don't bite. :welcome:

Comment

That was a very nice compliment blastercup. We are good listeners you are :welcome: anytime!
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

WIP be careful driving so much...that's a long haul! I make myself pull over and do a couple of squats and stretch ever 1 1/2hrs or so. and of course I keep Starbucks in business

Blastercup, welcome! I'm intrigued by your username....
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                X