Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF daily - Wednesday 28th January

Good evening abbers
    Just got through reading about everyones days & a few things stood out.
    The birds in the morning. ahh the memories realizing "damnit there are the birds...and it's getting light out..guess that means my day is shot" I had way too many of those mornings.
    DG- I liked your advice to ocean...I'm not even going surfing, but you convinced me!
    Skootiemom-your post really jumped out for me. I'm on day 31 today & had/have the same fears of now what? My goal was 30 days....to make matters worse I have today & the next 5 days off of work! ugh. Well for now I'm clinging onto the fact that my drink-tracker would look pretty lame with 28 yellow squares followed by a blue one. hehehe Time for new goals I guess. Went to the craft store to get some "projects" to keep me busy. We have to keep strong no matter if it's day 1,5,30,176..ect!
    Well I'm off to cook dinner-stir fry steak, veggies, and rice. Wish me luck.
    Oh, WIP I sure hope your feeling better. What a scary ordeal!
    For those I missed, much love and respect from stargirl being sent your way!

Comment

Sausage,
      Duh, how could I have missed you? I find it really wonderful that your sharing your struggles. Thank for being so open. Lately I have been thinking I can handle mod too. Why not? If I can make it 30 days af it doesn't make sense that one day would throw me off. Oh, if only it were that simple. Unfortunatly we can't. We have to be fighters. KEEP Staying strong. You rock

Comment

stargirl;531702 wrote: Lately I have been thinking I can handle mod too. Why not? If I can make it 30 days af it doesn't make sense that one day would throw me off. Oh, if only it were that simple. Unfortunatly we can't. We have to be fighters. KEEP Staying strong. You rock
        Great post Stargirl... I very well remember my own distorted thinking when I quit AA after 3 years AF, thinking I would try to drink moderately, and telling myself I could always go back to AA if it didn't work... the problem was, it somehow took me YEARS of struggling and misery to give up alcohol again. Again, like Chief says: much easier to quit, than to keep quitting... So I never think of having "a drink" as a one-day thing... I think of it as the gateway to a miserable life...

Comment

whew! what a day. finally sitting down and relaxing for the first time. busy but ok, got a 6+ hour drive tomorrow down to Fresno CA. zoom zoom.

WIP, food poisoning is icky! hope you get some relief. I find peppermint tea helps my stomach when it's all messed up.

Ocean, CR? how cool! hope your trip is 'pura vida' all the way!

DG, amen to the concept of 'hope'. Hope is a fear-based thought and not a reliable one.

off to catch up on the boards and chat.

be well everyone!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
          X