Wednesday, July 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday, July 26

Hiya Matt, I think you've hit the nail on the head there mate. It crosses my mind more than once that it might be possible to get a grip on this and someday soon be capable of being a social drinker.
    Looking at it through sober eyes though, it will only put me back to square one.
    Personally i think its something in your makeup that determins whether you can live with alcahol or not.
    In our case not.
    Sounds like you've got your head screwed on right.
    Keep it up Matt........Wayne
    LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
    IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Howdy

Hi Wayne,

I've been meaning to say Welcome! to the Absville group, so Welcome! And big congrats on 50 days! That is awesome!

It's been great having all of these lovely ladies to myself for the past month (now I'm spoiled) but it's great to have another bloke onboard as well.

Matt

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Good Afternoon in Absville!

Hi there in Absville!

It sure is nice to find the site has returned from cyber never-never land! I had a mini withdrawal this morning when I tried to check in and found it "didn't exist"!
        It must have been pretty frustrating for all of you that posted to find your posts disappearing into cyberspace. Thanks for taking the time to try and re-create them, to some extent!! Thanks for getting things started, Susan! And yes, Discovery, I'm with you on the sleep thing! I'm glad you got a good one last night! It makes such a difference.
        I have a question for CV. How long do we have to keep taking these supplement concoctions after we stop drinking. Do our bodies start to remake their own neurotransmitters at some point? Am I asking too many questions??
        Poor Bambs, I love 80's music, but a WHOLE DAY of it? Blaring?? Ouch!! Nevertheless, you remain very supportive of all of us here! And Lori, you are doing so well and are gaining so much insight!
        Gabby, dear, no one knows better how to jerk your chain than your ex!!! That's why he is your ex!!! Keep working on not letting him get to you, but let's face it--it is MADDENING to have to keep dealing with someone you'd rather not have to because you have children with him!! I know that the only thing that is worse than being divorced from my ex would be being married to him!!! LOL!! At any rate, you have lots to be proud of with 50 days!
        Nancy, when is Belle going to get her own screen name??? She almost seems a member of the board! You DO keep us all amused with her antics!

Wayne, my new nickname for you is Mackerel Man!!! You sure had a productive fishing trip! And Matt, good to see you here too. The two of you are racking up quite a bit of sobriety between you!

I'm doing okay, here. Looking forward to my sister coming in to town this weekend. She's not a drinker, which will help. I went to give blood today, but my temp was 100.3, so they wouldn't let me donate. I think it must be my sinuses, because I feel okay.

Okay, that's all for now. Have a good rest of the day everyone!! Hope I didn't miss anyone! Absville is such a busy place!!!

Hugs,Kathy:h

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

I've been called worse Kathy!

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Hey Folks--Sounds like everyone's doing great toda:l

I've also given up any hope that I might one day drink like a "normal" human being--for me, it just aint gonna happen...I actually abstained for 11 years before I decided to start up again-and, although I wasn't the same blackout, outrageous drunk I used to be (well, THAT was in the 70's and early 80's--need I say more? It sure wasn't "just" alcohol in THOSE days, believe me...), so when I started again--10 years ago!--I thought I really could handle a little wine here and there...except, it fairly quickly became a lot more than a "little wine"....it was slow but inevitable and I eventually found myself wanting to do nothing but stay home and guzzle wine (3-4 bottles a day, supplemented by liters of vodka); since I wasn't doing drugs, though, I thought I was doing okay! Not!!

I was depressed, suicidal and in complete despair...I was spoiling the loving relationship I have been in for 14 years, wrecking my social life because I was just hiding out and drinking at home (my current friends aren't heavy drinkers), and I was totally fu*king up everything...it took me ten years to realize that my life was out of control again!! God, how much friggin' denial was going on there!

Thank god, I had the courage (pat myself on the back here) to get humble enough to get help...and I also found this program, which I love! And here I am, 107 days abs today--and just starting to get my REAL life back again....

Sorry to ramble on, but I wanted to explain why drinking ever again is just out of the question for me--and yes, Matt, that decision does bring a wonderful sense of peace with it, doesn't it...I feel sooo good to be where I am and sooo grateful to the universe for letting me have another chance
            to have my life back....

Blessings abound around here!
            :h
            susan (aka Clever Clogs!!)
            "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

This site IS truly inspiring, Abs has NEVER been this painless and - FUN !!! - I'm just anticipating with dread, the honeymoon period to be over tho, when my Lib ends on friday
              Started my supps today - still waiting for a few to arrive. Read half of RJ's book today and did a lot of research on the net re the supps., going to start the CD's tomorrow - Bizzy Bizzy Bizzy.

decided to try and give people nicknames as I get to know them.

Susan - obviously Clever Clogs !

CV - Clever Knickers - because she is just an encyclopedia of info (i did write that on a post before but it disappeared in the black hole)
              lj57 (Lee)- Northern Monkey- because he's northern and a little monkey

Nancy - Baby Belle ( there's an ad over here that goes 'ba ba ba ... ba Babybell - it's actually individual miniture Edam cheese - don't tell Nancy that tho !! hee hee )

Sophia (carole) - Fishy on a Dishy ( it's a song from N/E England ) !!

Lou - Plastic Scouser ( as am I ) or Lou-Lou. I think she'd prefer the latter !!

Oh and Wayne is Mackeral Man - that's Kathy's idea - nice one !!!

That's it for now - need to get to know peeps more . I'm having a lovely time on this site - hardly thought about my wine today...

I can hear my pillow calling to me now so - I'll spk tomozz
              Night Night
              xxx
              :l
              ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Dear Lord,
                I hope Wayne forgives me!!!
                Kathy

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Cheers Kathy,
                  My wifes now walking round the living room singing Mackeral Mackeral Man (to the tune of Macho Macho man )
                  I wanna be a Mackeral Man.

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Lost posts

Gang: so sorry about the lost posts! Was trying very hard to make sure this didn't happen, but it got out from under me. (It was in the middle of the night my time and the tech folks pulled a fast one. That's what I get for going to bed!) I'm afraid we'll not be able to retrieve those messages. Thank you, those who-re-posted. Good news is: we now have a stable board. I just checked in to chat and looks like it's smokin!

This exercise was a bit more painful than we'd hoped, but looks like we're in great shape now.

As always, excellent stuff happening in this forum, I'm so thrilled about you 'abbers. :-)

RJ
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Hello

Hi Guys,
                      Just checking in and not giving up
                      Shas
                      Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Keep swimming Shas! I was driving home from a TOTALLY BORING meeting tonight and feeling awfully lonely. Thinking how nice it would be to have a glass of wine.....or several. Just hanging in by remembering that I'll never learn to deal with these feelings if I drink, but it's hard....
                        Hugs, Shas!
                        Kathy

Comment

Working...
                        X