Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - February 4, 2009

Marshy
    Some assignment you have there!!!....You can do it!! you have your best friend, you have us, you have your own resolve.....Enjoy the company, and the tea!!!
    sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Hi guys, something I just noticed today...I've stopped "thinking about drinking"! For the first few months here it was on my mind constantly and I suddenly realized this morning that it's not. Last night passed and it never crossed my mind (other than having to move hubby's glass off the counter). Cool, cool, cooooool!!!! Definitely in "grateful" mode!
      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Oh WOW River!!!! how long did it take for that to happen???

That's amazing!
        Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

Morning All !

Marshy - You will have to let us know how it went, take care and just think of how good you will feel.

Reteacher - You do that to ? I thought it was just me.

My big challenge today is cleaning and organizing this house, OK that will take longer than a day!

Have a great day everyone
          AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
          Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Well, 7 months which seems long, I suppose. It's taken a while to learn new habits and I still feel uncomfortable in my own skin at social events and I may always feel that way considering I've always been shy. But the witching hour is no longer witching.
            You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

River: Social events are definitely different wo/AL. It's not called "social lubricaton" for nothing. It's harder to stand small talk, boredom, over-staying guests, etc. wo/AL to numb us out. But, I wouldn't give up my hard-won sobriety in order to feel a little more sociable once in a while. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Morning!

Glad to see everyone is doing so well! Me too...

I am volunteering today at the Rescue Society. I am looking forward to it.

Other than that, not much else to say.

Have a great sober day, everyone!

Comment

Good morning!

I too am off to the Animal Shelter, AFM! Gorgeous day for a dog walk!

Thanks to all here and have a great day!

Skoots

"I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Hi everyone.....I tell myself that I am NOT being deprived; that people who choose to drink are the ones who are deprived......of a happy healthy life. Something Bear said last year has always stayed with me and that was......if he tried to pick out a word to describe why he was able to stay sober with no cravings, it would be Surrender. Quit trying to control something, which is uncontrollable. I love your signature too DG........I can choose to drink at any time, I choose not to. Exactly!!

Good day here, back at school as snow is clearing. At Drs tomorrow for "random" blood tests. Home alone this evening but going to have a nice long bath and get my jimjams on and watch Coronation Street.

love Janicexxx
                    AF since 9 May 2012
                    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

I'm fashionably late again.......hey friends!

great through-provoking material today.

Alcohol adverts remind me very much of political campaigns. they will say absolutely anything under the sun to 'sell you'. then the next morning you find out the painful truth. There is a reason for adds. if the product was genuine they wouldn't have to keep pushing it on us again and again ....ad nauseam.

feeling deprived? that feeling was one of the main obstacles that kept me from going AF for many years. sigh...if I only knew then what an illusory gift AL really is I would have quit decades ago and started to "really live" so much sooner. well, no looking back eh? forward march my friends........

be well
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Aloha All! I sure can relate to what you're talking about. I will have to "deal" the family, mostly Mother, in June. I'm beginning to tell my self I will be strong and trying to visualize situations. She also loves to drink and even more so when I am there. I have spent all my life drinking in order to cope with her and now I will have to find patience, forgiveness, understanding, giving of myself (alot) while I spend a few weeks with her. I hate to sound so awful, selfish, and childish. What is it with family relationships that makes them so un....satisfying? It must be too many movies on Lifetime TV leading us to think that scripts and actors reflect real relationships. When am I going to grow up?
                        sigpic

Comment

Morning all this very snowy morning maybe a snowman later am putting finishing touches to my thesis today it sure is good to say that. Hula I understand what u were saying about coping with visiting your Mom. I was in a similar situation for years with my mom. I had to devise a plan when visiting. I could not spend any more than 3 or 4 days in her company so I went to visit her often but only stayed a short while. She wasent too happy in the beginning but she got used to it. This helped me enormously and took the pressure off, unfortunately she died last year and I felt really happy that I had gone to visit as often as I could (but on my terms). Bye for now
                          Luv :l

Comment

hi doggygirl , and the rest , and it is a lot of serious people,of late, it is nice to see,but i can also relate to the moderators and the quote [normal drinkers] over the many years ive tried to figure this ailment out,excellent post,dog,river congrats on the 7 months,i was reading the doctors opinion of alcohol abuse earlier this morning,then i started on bills story,i came to a conclusion being with alcohol problem, and not necessarily being alcoholic,will the thought ever leave us,is it so hard for some to say no,is it normal to drink,of late im finding that just communicating with each other is the only remedy,even tho we dont always agree on the approach,have a wonderful day all,gyco,check the spelling out hahahaha

Comment

Thank-you Gyco. Why the change? (spellcheck?) No matter...I like it!
                              sigpic

Comment

doggy girl and hula girl, i posted pics of my beagles in the abberciser's thread...teehee

Comment

Working...
                                X