Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, August 1

Teens should be locked up until they are 80

I know what you mean, Gabby. You can't stop them, and yelling makes it worse. My guy hasn't been "caught" at anything yet. His grades just suck because he doesn't do his homework. I've begged, pleaded, and taken things away (which works the best). He is going to do what he wants to do at 15 - all I can do is show him a good example, try not to take it personally, and make life tougher if he doesn't want to follow the rules.

Barb

Comment

Tuesday, August 1

Just hit my first "I want a drink" challenge. Luckily it was at 10:00 a.m. and I'm at work! Screwed up my boss's airline reservations yesterday - well, it was a miscommunication. He wanted to change his flight to the next day, so I did, only I changed the wrong leg of it. Figured it out when he was here at work this morning, which I guess is a whole heck of a lot better than him figuring it out at the ticket counter tomorrow. It will get sorted out, but I sure wish I'd have asked some more questions yesterday!!!! It did remind me to take my supplements...there's that bright side.
      Diane M.

Comment

Tuesday, August 1

Ohmygawd...it's August!!!! Now how did that happen? Day one of abs for me...tried in June and did pretty well...tried mods in July...back to abs for aug. Hope all of you are doing well....good to hear from you Deirdre and Gabby....Anni

Comment

Tuesday, August 1

Welcome!

Welcome everyone--August Absville looks like it is shaping up to be a busy place! I typed a whole post and lost it when I was trying to put in one of those smiley faces--won't do that again!

Gina-I think your timing is perfect for joining abs. At least at your work convention you won't have to worry about anything you may have done during the cocktail hour that never seems to end. And your traffic ticket will be much less than a DUI . . .there is always a bright side to everything.

Welcome Mary and Dieann! Dieann don't let an unreasonable boss get to you!

Gabby I look forward to seeing how you handle your boys. I have two boys and I am already worried about upcoming temptations for them and how I will handle them (they are 3 and 5!!!!). I am using the patch for the smoking. I have lost a lot of people to the effects of smoking--I have no excuse--I know better. It is interesting just listening to that little addicted voice talk to me about how one will be fine or I will quit tomorrow. What a little liar he is....

Bambs--quit having a complex--who is counting anyways?

Woke up last night around 3am and thought "God why did I drink so much?" ummmm..oh thats right..I didn't drink--just habit I guess. So sweet to roll over an go back to sleep with no dread of dry mouth in the am!

Kim

Comment

Tuesday, August 1

Day 2 for me

I always start on Mondays. It felt great to wake up, do a little "self hypnosis" to get myself motivated to exercise and feel great. I did great last night - I am always tempted to drink when I have a miserable hangover, which I did (hangover I mean - didn't drink). Why is it that, no matter how much I drink on the weekends, it hits me the worst on Monday morning, even if I've had less to drink on Sunday??

Good point whoever made it that stopping drinking doesn't keep the other stuff in life from pissing us off. There is no magic formula and no perfect life - that's what keeps it so interesting.

If you guys don't hear from me, yell at me, will ya? This thing about staying abs over weekends is brand new and scary to me. Thanks,

Barb

Comment

Tuesday, August 1

Day one. Great to be here and boy do I need to be here. I can relate to so much that gets said on these boards. We really are all in this together. Take care all - and best wishes for a happy, healthy and abstinent month.

Comment

Tuesday, August 1

hey kath...fyi..I posted on Mods today...any thoughts..be honest..luv..C

Comment

Tuesday, August 1

My boss handled my flub up quite well! :-D

I just ran 2 miles and walked a half mile. Now I am drinking cherry seltzer water. I like the fizz. I gotta admit it tastes better than beer, but there is no buzz with it. So I'm going to read Allen Carr for a while, then listen to the Clearing CD. And then I figure I'll be prepared to handle the evening.

Kudzu makes my mouth dry. Anyone else?
                  Diane M.

Comment

Working...
                  X