Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, August 3

Yo!
    Here I am puttering along in absville, day 3, cleaning the corners of the castle, until August 28, midnight, when POOF!, I turn into Super Special ED Teacher! I'm feeling a bit put out that I'm not ending my summer vacation with margaritas and maitais and shots of very good tequila, but I know I'll be very happy that I will have the energy I need to teach and still have a life after skool. It seems to me, that having been on these boards since June, that alcohol doesn't taste very good to me anymore, and the High isn't very high anymore. Am I getting Old? (I'm 52.) I must say I like the idea of eventually saying, oh so casually, "I don't drink anymore." And I really like looking in the mirror each morning and seeing a much fresher face looking back...a bottle of wine each night certainly affects one's complexion!
    I want to say hi and thank to everyone here in Absville, including Deirdre, Lori, Gabby, Barb, Kathy, Madison, Nancy, Kim, Susan, Janet, Nomorewine, Matt, Mack Man, Dienot, Wynot, Peggy, Gina, Jackie, and Fedup. Forgive me please, if I missed you...I'll pay better attention as the month wears on. Where is Jane??? Have a great day!

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Boy, abs does bring some emotions to the surface, doesn't it? I have this exBF I still own a house with. What a crappy relationship that was. I am really sad about the situation (still have lots of out-of-town/country folks who do not know we're broken up for quite some time now and I'm not looking forward to telling them), but there is so much bad stuff that happened over the years.... Geez! It hurts to think about it, but think about it I must.

Received the abs CD's in today's mail. Yay. A present for me!
      Diane M.

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Dieann,
        Heres somethin funny....My former hubby and I...married for 21 yrs and lived together for 3 yrs before that. We have been divorced for a yr now seperated for longer and his folks.......shhhhh.........dont know it yet!
        lololololololol
        Even the kids sorta have to fake it. Now is that to funny or what? It isnt me that doesnt tell.....its him.
        They will probably hear through the grape vine or somethin. And then....probably they will never bring it up....weird dysfunctional people. Lack of communication skills. Not a wonder...... Gabby
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Interesting

Isn't that funny, Susan? No drinking and still headaches. Just goes to show you this is Absville, not Fantasy Land.

There was a note on the counter that today was registration day for my son's high school. My first reaction was, why didn't he tell me sooner. The packet came in the mail a few weeks ago and I skimmed over it, missing the date. In the past, I would have blown up at him for not reading the stuff more closely, which is a cover-up of my own guilt that I was probably blew it off because I had better things to do (drink). It was a dreadful process last year - it took the whole morning and I was not looking forward to it.

It occured to me that I could choose my reaction. Instead of thinking, my life sucks (well I did for a minute) I thought, oh well, no harm done - I know about it in time and I am going to try to make this as pleasant as possible. It went much more smoothly than last year, so we had time to go school shopping which I planned on doing tomorrow so I can now cross that off my list. And I actually enjoyed the time with my son.

Caution to those of you who are parents - you spend more money with your kids when you are in a good mood.

Everything is life is really about choice. Henry Ford said, "If you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!". I love when these little revelations start to hit me!!

Barb

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Barb, your right! gabby
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Hey, that's a good quote! (Henry Ford said, "If you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!")

Gabby, that's wild his parents don't know you've divorced. Do you see them together as a family? Or do they not see your ex?
              Diane M.

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Hello All-

Day four of abs for me. It hasn't been bad but I am concerned about the weekend. Friday afternoon is my most vulnerable time.

I plan on starting the cds this weekend. My husband is going to be gone so I should have a nice, quiet environment to work in.

Everyone here has been such an inspiration and source of support to me. My husband is one of those people who can just have one so he is under the impression that everyone should be like that. If I make a comment about drinking too much he will say something like, "Then just quit". I think everyone here knows how futile a statement like that is. It is nice to be among people who understand what the battle is really like.

Let's all keep rollin'.

Peace,
                Jackie

Comment

Thursday, August 3

OK.....I'm backkkkkkk!!

My ears were burning so I thought I had better check in on you guys!

No hangover here! Thank God... Working outside would have been impossible! Thanks for being concerned though.

The green guy looks like a little China-man to me!! Ah so!

Hey Susan.. .thanks for the history lesson! The depression must have been a terrible time to live through.

Does NY smell like a great big garbage dump? I hope your power stays on!

I love reading about all of your ups-downs and funny family stuff! I miss the days when my kids were home!

I am going shopping tomorrow...not for school clothes but with hubby for some new stuff to wear for wedding parties and dinner. He isn't much of a shopper! He get s "his " stuff and goes and stands at the front of the store to wait for me! He HAS to go tomorrow to try on clothes . We have a tax free weekend starting tomorrow!

Just took supps and am drinking ONLY h20!

Will check back later!

Nancy & Belle
                  "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Thursday, August 3

Shopping trip was fun and successful! Yea!!!

Nancy
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                    X