• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, August 4

dates

(in a whisper)
    Pssssttt, gabby -
    I don't know why I'm whispering, because there have been no more dates - dang it!:s
    Peggy

Comment

Friday, August 4

Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday, August 4

love it

Gabby,
        I love that whispering emoticon - where did you get it?
        P

Comment

Friday, August 4

Hello All,
          Could'nt log back on yesterday for some reason so had to re-register today...
          Everyone sounds busy in Absville today, and weekends for me to arn't the best...(Feel like everyone else in the world is having a good time but me) but look at it this way...They are all gonna be ??? out of pocket....Feel like crap the next day....Proberly get in an argument or fight....Put on inches to the waist....And not remember any of it.....
          Good luck to em...
          Sent my missus to the pub last night with her sister and her friend...Don't know for whos benefit really..I know she needed to get out of the house for a while but i think i needed to know for myself how it would effect me,and i passed.I was on the OTHER SIDE last night...God did i talk and act like that...It was like the 3 stooges walking through the door.
          Also had a consultation today at the Docs for a vacectomy....Didn't exspect to be half naked in a room with a middle aged tank of a women checking if everything was in order.....Has anybody seen "The Crying Game"...
          Just going for my 4th shower now...

Well Done All...........Wayne(Mackeral)
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Friday, August 4

Thanks gals

:h Thanks Gabby, Barb and other well wishers,

Too bad my hubby acts like a psycho when drinking, otherwise the temptation to 'blot out' might not be so tempting At least half the reason I drink is so I don't give a crap what he's doing! Should be fun camping! (note the sarcasm)

Love Ya All (sorry Nancy, i'm a northwest girl)

Comment

Friday, August 4

Hello there,
              I'm still in Absville, day 4, still cleaning the corners of the castle...got company coming Tuesday and a dinner party for 10 on Wednesday. Wish my contracter would hurry and finish the new deck out in front. Guess the sod won't be put in til after everyone goes home.
              Hey Lori,
              Hope you have a good time on your camping trip! Can't remember, do you have kids? Enjoy the beautiful wilderness in Canada!

Comment

Friday, August 4

Hey All,
                I had a heck of a time registering but VOILA .....was all set yesterday to write a long post and then realized website was having problems. Even though I haven't posted I've been following you all.
                Susan, regarding your post of a few days ago you said it was best to avoid situations which might put a crack in your resolve not to drink. I TOTALLY agree!!!!A friend of mine who has been sober for 10 years said that she just doesn't get involved in situations where drinking will take place. She was lucky in that she moved at the time she became sober and just created a new environment where there was no drinking.
                My problem lies in that one of my biggest triggers is my husband(I think I'm not alone here). He drinks but not to excess and just doesn't understand why someone could not just stop. I do not hide the amount I drink from him but he believes after a few AF days I should be able to drink again. This really chips away at my resolve to abstain.
                I'll go on and on later but want to post this so you know I'm onboard and with you all.
                Have a good evening.
                Janet

Comment

Friday, August 4

Ditto on the drinking hubby

Drinking has been our entertainment for 30 years, with the exception of my 5 years in AA. (I started drinking again on a camping trip.) I'm just starting this program - no topa, so I'm really hoping the cds and supplements will calm me down.

Besides a drinking hubby, I have 2 teenagers. They also have been a big excuse for me to drink. I really need to restore my dignity for the sake of my relationship with the kids.

Comment

Friday, August 4

Hi Tessa
                    I always did think those teens.....sure knew how to make me think a beer tasted reeeaaal good. gabby
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                    X