Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, August 5!

Greetings!
    Hope all of you in Absville are doing well...please forgive yourselves if you have not measured up to your expectations, and keep trying....It's a way to honor yourself, as Gabby says. Thanks for the hi, Wayne...Here I am on day 5, and feeling very anxious, but not for drink...but about other stuff, not quite sure what...it has been hard to sleep....think I'll chill out with a book...bye for now.....Anni

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Hi All Absters!

Reading the thread and practically physically feeling all the support just about gives me the shivers. You all are great! I was taking everything "VERY PERSONALLY" today because yep, I leapt off the abs wagon last night for the 2nd Friday in a row. So even though I checked in this morning, I couldn't quite get my head together to post until now. And what do I find??? Just tons of love and support, not just for the success, but for the struggles and the not so pretty and the screw ups (like me today ). The kind of people that remind me of why I'm here, besides all of the reasons I'm here in the 1st place, like my drinking (well duh!). Anyway, even though I've been down on myself all day, I felt blessed before I even started writing my post just by reading everyone elses'. Damn, I'm getting tears in my eyes, thinking about you, and also feeling ashamed of blowing it again-- where's that little crying guy? :s Okay, there. Anyway, I'm trying to be "optimally hard on myself"--namely, kick my butt just enough to learn something, without going through the whole "I'm a baaaad person because I screwed up" scenario. But you guys are the best.....Please, please get here abs cd's!!!

Have a great time, Susan! Your MRI sounded otherworldly. I'm glad you had that experience. Hope you can check in in Vermont, even with your slow connection! (Don't we get spoiled though?) I have a similar escape fantasy of yours to Vermont (after 9/11), although mine involves an RV or pop-top camper! I'm so much happier now that I live about 45 miles away from Washington, DC, believe me!! I just have to make mine a reality! I'm glad our friendly fisherman will be taking over duties for the week!! Just loving our Mackeral Man

Welcome, Tessa, and of course, prayers for you Lori!! Hang in there! Anni, it is great that you can see that your anxiety is not about a drink!! Hope you can get to the bottom of it!

I know the kind of days you mean, Brigid. I hope that you get to feeling better. And down under now, the days are starting to get longer little by little, and soon things will be greening up. And Shas, keep swimming, sweetie. As you can see, I'm not swimming the strongest right now, either, but we'll get to be stronger swimmers!

Janet, I like your mantra! I will adopt it, if you don't mind.

NoMore, I'm glad that you are feeling at peace with yourself.

Gabby, I think you are the best cheerleader there is!!! Be sure to let us know if you ever need some cheering on yourself, okay???

At any rate, I'm about done now. I'm going to go and start doing some sewing now. I think it will actually get me in a nice blissed-out frame of mind this evening.

Love to all, and thanks for supporting me through my foolishness! Sorry if I missed anyone! Believe me, I will be planning about some strategies for next Friday, since this seems to be becoming a pattern!

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Yay!

Just went to the mailbox! An answer to my prayers! The abs cd's were in there!! YAY!!!! :h
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Day 6

Hi, all - massage was wonderful yesterday. Much better than happy hour.

I had some very strong cravings today (at the time when we usually go to the bar - we are daytime drinkers during the day). Shed a few tears and got through it. Got some stuff done around the house, and said "I think I'll go to the gym". Had a great workout, and hubby could then go get a drink without feeling guilty. I'll bet he was out the door by the time I turned the corner!

I really didn't think I was going to make it today - now I know I will. If I've come this far, I've already crossed the finish line.

Got to run - no time for individual responses, but you're all in my thoughts!

:h

Barb

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Hi everyone,
            After a good nights sleep, I dont feel as bad as I did when i posted above.. but its still grey and I suppose.. thats life.. a few ups and a few downs. hmmmm.

It was so nice to hear everyone being nice to me.. I still have to work on my ability to be nice to myself and to put myself first and here its easier to do that and to get support for it which is great. Thanks to you all... and Tawny, it was so nice for you to drop into absville to send me kind words.. thanks.

Kathy, sorry you stumbled yesterday (must be a moon phase eh!!) You know, noone will beat you up harder than yourself dont you!!! Certainly not here. I know when I used to try moderation I couldnt do it and it has gotten easier for me not to start or even think about a drink, the more practiced at abstinence I've got. My problem is always impatience at myself and like many others my HEAD talk could drive an insane person even more insane!!!!! (know the feeling Shaz) But we CAN get there.

Brigid

Comment

Saturday, August 5!

Brigid, Glad u feel a smidge better.
              Kathy.....look how much less you are drinking. Fridays are the worst for everyone. You didnt get smashed. And even if ya did....oh well. You are working so hard and are making so many strides. Just keep that in mind first. I know this would be happening to me if the topa wasnt doin what it is doin to me.
              And Tess......Welcome!
              Well callin it a day for me. gabby
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
              X