Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 7th August

Been there, Annie

That's one of the things that have bounced me off of abs in the past. I'd start on Monday and feel like crap by Thursday, and thought - why bother if I'm going to be edgy, sleep-deprived, achy, etc. I was bound and determined to get through it this week and glad I stuck it out. Hopefully, I've seen the last of it.

Another thing I've been doing is to put a star on my calendar in my office every day that I am abs. My friend gave me some "star stickers" that she picked up. It is a great visual. Everytime I turn my head, I see it. I am very anxious to see one on every day at the end of the month.

Barb

Comment

Monday 7th August

Howdy from Matt!

Hi Everyone!

I'm back from the beach and am at day 48 but just barely! When we checked into our hotel last week the receptionist smiled and told me I was just in time for "complimentary cocktails" in the loungs for the next 2 hours.

Seems the place we stayed was nice enough to get guests lubed up each night from 5 till 7 for free:upset:

I'm glad to say I didn't cave to the crave but it certainly was not easy. I was climbing the walls like spiderman each night knowing there was free booze just downstairs. Argh!

Thank God there was no mini-bar in the room!

Other than the nightly button pushing we had a wonderful time swimming, relaxing and eating and I was so very happy to be there 100% for my sweet kids.

Glad to be back with my friends in Abbeyville!

Lesson Learned: Avoid places with free "Happy Hours":eeks:

Matt

Comment

Monday 7th August

good day all,
        My husband and i stopped for dinner last night after a long ride and I had 2 glasses of wine.My excuse was my neck was killing me(I've had 2surgeries on the neck and if I get tense it hurts). However.... Iknow asprin would have helped and there was a pharmacy right across the street from the restaurant. The only reason I did not have a 3rd glass was because the waitress was busy and ot was getting late. Fortunately by the time we got home(another 2 hours) I lost my desire for more.
        I do worry about letting my resolve break down. As I'm typing now a friend called. I did not pick up the phone as she can be one of my triggers.Great woman but very infrequently can I be with her(and her husband) without drinking. I am responsible for fashioning my life in this way( and it is a good life with much to be thankful for)but I now want to change certain aspects of it and find it hard.
        Wayne, Just loved that photo of Callum.Just love babies at that age when they are all clean and smell so good! God bless him!!!!
        Shas, I hope we can carry you through your tough time and a dreary winter. You can help us out in the coming months when our dreary( and I do mean dreary) winter takes hold. That is always a tough time for me.
        I will check in later and talk to the rest of you but the phone is ringing again and it's my mother. She can be a trigger as well but one I can't avoid.She is a dear though.
        Love to you all
        Janet

Comment

Monday 7th August

Mac, I do believe that cute little baby looks like YOU. I just now accidentally clicked on your name. Gee all kinds of info came up. I am gonna have to go around clickin on people now.

Annie, Heres what I have to say...."oh well, today is a new day" Get some more ab days there and the 2 will go away!

Barb, the stars are a good idea, Cute little old Jane did that with happy faces I think. Dang I wish she would get back here. I sure miss her.

And Matt, I didnt know you were on Vacation. Someone was gonna send out an APB on you. Cant remember who. People just need to settle down and not get so worked up. Prozac helps me a lot. So impressed that you stayed AF while you were around that free bar. WOW! Bet the kidlets and wifee were happy. :good: Glad to have you back.

Janet glad u had a good drive and dinner. To bad for that lousy waitress. (Actually she has a thing goin on the side with Monthy Abstinence at mywayout. It was a setup. We didnt know where Matt was goin or we woulda done it to him). hehe

Day 62 for me. Feelings and emotions keep gettin clearer all the time. Boundaries in better placement too! Thats a good thing. I really do see how I have stuffed so much over time instead of dealin with it. Damm if it still isnt there. Funny how that works. Been havin some tears. But I think needed ones. Lookin forward to a dad trip later this week. I hope we get some time to talk. Well bye for now. Gabby :l
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday 7th August

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to drop in and say hi. Great job to everyone in Absville. I have been reading posts once in a while, just kind of preoccupied to post much. Today is my 31st day of treatment(tx) and my 31st day of Abs. I've had one or two thoughts of hmmm, a glass of wine would be nice, in the past month. But I know that I can't and won't.

The shots aren't bad at all, I don't even feel them. I have been sleeping a ton most weekends, probably somewhere around 16-18 hours a day. This past weekend I felt great and cleaned the garage on Sunday, didn't even take a nap. This was the first Monday I've made it at work all day since I started tx. I was almost giddy at work because I felt so good. It was like how you(we) felt when we stopped drinking and how good it felt to not be hungover!!

My Bother-in-law should be in Columbus this week preparing for his bone marrow transplant. When I talked to my sis via email last week she said they were getting ready to go up there. He is not doing the greatest, his blood counts were too low to do chemo so they were hoping to get that under control and do chemo for a week to build up for the transplant. It really makes me sad to know that my sister and her family are in so much pain and doubt about the future.

I am grateful that I am sober and drinking is a far far thought in my mind. It sucks that it took finding out I had a serious chronic health condition to make me quit, but in a way it was a blessing in disguise. Hopefully the tx will put this virus to sleep and I will have many many happy healthy sober years ahead of me!

I love you all and am proud of how far you've come!:heart:

Marcie
            Marcie

Comment

Monday 7th August

Monday Evening.....

It sure is nice when you pop in and let us all know how you are doing, Marcie! I'm glad that your treatment is progressing and you seem to be getting stronger. I wish things were going better for your brother in law and his family.

Welcome back, Matt and good work! Your strength and commitment is admirable!

Boy, Gabby, I know about those feelings, baby. I found myself having a few yesterday that amazed me. I've got a lot of sadness and anger rolling around inside that I must deal with. It's hard, but I'm also getting to the point where I don't feel comfortable hiding behind alcohol anymore either, so I guess that's a good thing. Wayne, you did pick up on my not being quite right there the other day!

Glad you seem to be over the hump, Barb! And hang in there, Anni!

Take care all, and have a good rest of the day, or evening!

Kathy
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday 7th August

Oh Marcie,
                So nice to see you. And even nicer knowin you are gettin along with treatment ok. Truly I wonder about you often. Giddy....what a good place to be. Just a genuine happy place. Not a often feeling. Glad you got it if only for a little while. Makes me smile just to picture it. Thanks for droppin in. If we knew you were comming we could'a had a nice ramen spread made up for ya!
                All smiles here...Gabby
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday 7th August

Hello absville!
                  Cute BABY in the sink! Yummy!
                  I am on Day 7 today. It's going OK. I get an empty feeling right before lunch and when I get home from work. Wonder how much of that might be hunger, especially at lunch time.
                  Read some more intros this evening! Fun!
                  Ran both days this weekend during my usual happy hour. It was good! Taking the night off tonight, but I do need to walk the dog now.
                  Good to see all of you doing so well. Going to read the weekend thread after I take the dog out.
                  Diane M.

Comment

Monday 7th August

Janet, I love this!!!

vinophile wrote: So my mantra will be "don't give up what you really want (sobriety) for what you want right now (aglass of wine)".
                    I want to be sober and more slender. I have another hour and a half until my happy hour cravings desist. Going to keep reading my way through it! :H
                    Diane M.

Comment

Monday 7th August

Hi kids,
                      Thaks Barb, Gabby, and Kathy, for your kind and posiitve words...I'm hanging in there...chat with you tomorrow.....Anni

Comment

Monday 7th August

Remember Me?

I have been in California for almost a week for a family vacation - feels like a long time since I have been able to sign on and check in. My daughter and family just left for the airport to return home, we have another week here. While they are gone I have a bit of alone time to read some posts.

Can't say I have lived in Absville, but I have been able to limit myself to a glass or less a day, so not so bad. We have gotten lots of grand-baby time and been busy every day. We are here for another week, return home for a few days and then are gone for a long weekend to Canada.

Glad to hear from Marcie - I have been thinking about you! Now back to catching up.

Comment

Working...
                        X