• Show
Clear All

Tuesday 8th August

Thanks

Thanks Mac!

Kate (NMW)

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

I'll ride it out with you, Kate. My couch is calling my name. It's only 2:25 p.m. here! I don't even want to go for a run when I get home.
      Diane M.

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Ok, hold my breath and post!

I'm here. It's time. Off the topa and have drank nearly every day for about 3 wks. On a few occasions, I have gone way overboard. Pulling in the reigns now, before I end up back at the horrible place (fighting with hubby, missing events because of hangovers, missing dinner because I am too drunk.. etc. you know!) I won't won't won't go there!
        My plan is to be abs from today until the half marathon on Labor day. I may give myself 2 drinking day passes for events that are planned (a wine tasting and a fundraising parking lot party) Those are Aug 19th and 26th. Haven't decided yet. I guess I have to see how I'll feel. My running has suffered a bit these last couple weeks and I had been doing so well with it.
        Hubby is doing it with me, so that is helpful.
        Thanks for letting me in!
        I will start posting regularly again and getting to know you all.

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Day 9

Doin' great - feelin' great!

I was getting a little sleepy so I did one of the hypno tapes and feel like I've had a nap.

Don't have much time today - made a deal with myself not to spend all day on the board here so that I could get some work done. Got a bunch done this morning until my computer decided to screw with me and lost a lot of what I did.

If you are struggling, hand tough - it's worth it!!

Barb

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Hi Becca,
            Welcome back! I've been missing you....
            Anni

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Thank you Anni!! I missed you too!
              Doing OK tonight. Abs without difficulty, really. I know that day 3,4 ,5 and higher will be a little tougher, but I just have to do it.
              Thank you all in advance for the support and wisdom about abs time.

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Thank you Anni!! I missed you too!
                Doing OK tonight. Abs without difficulty, really. I know that day 3,4 ,5 and higher will be a little tougher, but I just have to do it.
                Thank you all in advance for the support and wisdom about abs time.

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Howdy Gang,

Tomorrow is day 50 for me! Cheers to everyone with my glass of cranberry juice and bubbly H2O! Life is so much better on this side of the tracks.

Matt

Keep swimming!

PS I saw Cathy checked in but her posts are deleted. How are you / is she doing??

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

abs

Hi again! I hope to join you guys ASAP again. I drank in NYC...wow! BIG surprise!!!! THEN...my flight was cancelled in Dallas ( s'posed to be a direct flight from La Guardia to Orange County, CA). They claim it was due toweather...what the f$%^&??? Not a cloud in the sky...spoke with passengers from West Coast and East Coast and Central....no one claimed foul weather. Had to pay for a night at a cheesy hotel...caught a flight this am at 1030 am. Had a confrontation with the biggest PRICK of a steward/stewardess????...very rude to me! This lovely stewardess took me aside...was my guardian angel...listened...has 3 boys herself...AND gave me a complimentary mimosa...sorry folks! Couldn't resist. Cried the whole way home. Realized a lot about myself. Miss my new friends! Hormonal Sh**!!! THEN, my friend, the stewardess who had pity for me...ran after me with a barf bag full of booze....kahlua...bailey's and rum!!! I had to laugh and call Becca IMMEDIATELY!!! So..drinkin tonight...will try to rejoin tomorrow...or ASAP! Love you guys! You are the most inspirational and supportive group I have EVER known! Gina:l

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Hi everyone,
                      Kathy, we are on parallel ah ha lines. I spent a few days fighting with my brain.. and I also think I CAN choose to feel differently (honestly, I've been here before, havent I - why do I have to relearn lessons all the time!!) so although I feel bad that I let people overstep my boundaries, its not that bad.. it could have been worse and I didnt even think about drinking.. so I'm still processing emotions and that means I"m ALIVE!!!!!

So, I'm officially not melancholy anymore.. just going through stuff and its not all bad chaps and chappesses. My kids are getting over their viruses and guess what.. the sun is shining today.

Actually I"m so glad that when this stuff happens to me now, I DONT think about drinking, but that detatchment that drinking gives you and the false thing about perfect lives is just that false.. times can be tough and thats bloody ok. (can you hear me talking to myself?)

Matt, hi, glad you seem to be doing well.
                      Becca, my friend.. welcome to absville.

Gina. What can I say. How nice to hear from you.. not giving up on the struggle, I see. You have a lot of fight left in you girl.

Others doing well or struggling.. hi.

I posted this a while ago.. its from a book

Chapter 1
                      I walk down the street.
                      There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
                      I fall in.
                      I am lost ... I am helpless.
                      It isn't my fault.
                      It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter 2
                      I walk down the same street.
                      I pretend I don't see it.
                      I fall in again.
                      I can't believe I am in the same place.
                      But, it isn't my fault.
                      It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter 3
                      I see it is there.
                      I still fall in. It's a habit.
                      My eyes are open.
                      I know where I am.
                      It is my fault. I get out immediately.

Chapter 4
                      I walk around it.

Chapter 5
                      I walk down another street.

Its still relevant to me. I cant work out if I'm in chapter 4 or 5. Gee, I hope its 5 and if I take my first point to Kathy, if I believe Im in chapter 5 I can get there.

Brigid

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Way to go, Matt...day 50...wow!!!
                        I'm proud of you, and a bit envious...wish it was me......keep on truckin'....
                        Anni

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Hey Matt,

It's Kathy, I think you've got me confused with Cynthia. She checked in but deleted her posts. I'm still here. A little worried about Cynthia, though!

Congrats on Day 50!!!
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

tonight

Welcome back Becca and Gina! Glad everyone is home safe and sound....and Gina only a person with a drinking problem gets chased down with a bag of booze! LOL

I just thought I would share something from my meeting tonight. The lead was a young woman who touched on what her drinking did to her kids. Her oldest was 12 when she quit drinking 6 years ago. Just now 6 years later the daughter is telling her the fears she had when she was 5 when her mother was drinking. She had no horror stories, just that she drank too much. Her daughter is only opening up now because she was on the brink of suicide from keeping it in for so long.

We don't drink because we don't love our kids. But God that hit home with me. The confusion and hurt I had as a child. Knowing that my 5 year old has probably seen more than I am aware of. We think our kids don't know...they do. Why does Mommy have a glass attached to her hand or why is she always tired? I know that I have to get and stay sober for me...and a huge part of that is so I don't have endure that sort of trauma years down the road because of the damage I am doing now. I know I couldn't live with myself.

Just an eye opener on why this has to be so important.

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

Hi Guys

Hi Guys, Just checking in.
                              Welcome to all the new abbies and keep your chins up the people that are struggling!
                              Brigid, love your post and I think you are at Chapter 5!!
                              Me..............still think around Chapter 3 unfortunatley but getter closer to Chapter 4 all the time.
                              My appointment with my doctor is on Monday and I am going to ask for topa! It's funny but since I have made that decision the cravings aren't as bad! And I was worried that I would go on a bender........geez sometimes I surprise myself.
                              Shas
                              Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Tuesday 8th August

hello absville. fun to pop in and hear all your bubbly voices. i haven't been on the waves much as i've been working alot these days. and along with that work, i tipped over yesterday. ooppsssy. all these days of abs i mean the last two months. and oopsy over i went. yep the wine bottle opened and work and there you go and away i went. what was great to note is that the topamax and the kudzo, glut works like crazy and i had forgotton to take my afternoon baggie of supps. so there you go. ah, it is refreshing to be able to just see the slip and step back up and take my supps and move on. so away we go and all is well. glad to hear matt is popping in. nite nite all. kimber

Comment

Working...
                                X