X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday 9th August

Dang Dieann,
    12 lbs in 9 days?????
    You lucky dog! Thats enough to keep ya goin right there by itself!
    My 65 days ( I think I said 64 before-oops, missed one) have brought me between 16 and 18 lb loss. Been stuck there for a while I think. I do take topa, so I know thats helpin me too. Exersize but need more commitment there. And maybe a few less chips could always help. :eeks:
    Keep up the good work. See what an inspiration ya are. Gonna get my petutie to the gym right now! :good:
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Funny how people post like 1 or 2 days is no big deal. Actually, I think they are the biggest deal because they are the beginning of change. For me,anyway,they were the biggest deal cos they took me so bloody long to get around to!!!!! And I found them so hard.

I remember Mish helping me out in my first weeks saying things like.. when you think about drinking just think I wont drink now.. not I wont drink forever.. make it about now.. or I wont drink this hour and during this hour I'll do x (whatever that might be).. and I found that really got me through as I went cold turkey. I dont know where all those posts went to and I havent written it nearly as well as she did but you get my drift. I also found that helped me in terms of not thinking about the future (which tormented my mind) and just thinking about not drinking now.. and allowed some chemistry to alter in my mind that meant that I later was able to think more clearly about the future...(and not be so terrified of permanent abstinence - my choice now..)

It does all happen a day at a time (pity about that eh!!! wouldnt it be nice if it was weeks at a time!!!)

Anyway, gotta go for a walk.. get that heart rate up.
      Brigid

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

I needed that, Brigid. Thanks!
        Day 2 coming to a close. Feels good. Tomorrow, I will just think about "I'm not drinking today". It does help! We joked on chat about the "one day at a time" thing, but I think that saying and mindset is one of the best gems AA has to offer.
        Great being over here. THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME!!

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

day 1

Yes, I agree with Becca! Thank you Brigid. I needed to hear that on my "Day 1" again. Feel wiped out today. Have the next 2 days off of work to recuperate after my vacation. I need it!! Great to see you back here MFM! I have often thought about you. Congrats on 10 days! Great to be back in Absville again! Gina

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

I haven't lost 12 pounds! I want to lose 12 pounds! I have lost three in 9 days.
            This evening was really tough, so I went for a run. It helped! And now it's past 8 p.m. - my magic time - once I get past 8 I'm fine! Weird.
            So on to Day 10!
            Diane M.

Comment

Wednesday 9th August

Forty five minutes and I can officially call it 2 LONNNGG HARRDDDD AF days.....

Or does the day end when you go to sleep?

Wish I could go to sleep so that it wouldn't matter.

Read so many of your posts and find them encouraging. Sounds as though it does get easier.

Whelp, that's about all I can mange for right now.

xoxo

Comment

Working...
              X