Thursday, August 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, August 10th

Arrggh!!! Just sent an e-mail to awful ex-wedded, as I prepare to send him icky legal papers about all the money he owes me. I'm so anxious I want to jump out of my skin!!! To say I'd love to glug down a bottle of wine is an understatement!!! But Instead, I came here to say it instead of do it! Anyway, when I really think it through, I don't want to do it. I just don't want to feel so anxious. Now that's an improvement! I head back to work soon and out of the danger zone.....also time for the afternoon supps. Once I get back into work, and into someone else's head instead of my own, I'll be fine. :-)

Kudos to everyone else who seems to be doing so well! Hope you are hanging in there, Gabbsters, with all the frustrations of flying today!!!

Hugs,
    Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday, August 10th

Great job Kathy and Jackie!:good

Comment

Thursday, August 10th

day 7

Great post Susan...so true for me..especially the recovery part of it. Seemed like it was starting to take much longer to recover from a night off the wagon.

Gabby--even though its all a hassle, be glad they are on top of things. Just think of how much less you'll have to pack in the future now that you can't take any liquid on!

Everyone have a great day......

Comment

Thursday, August 10th

Hey All,
          Good to read all your posts.
          Hang in there Kathy, remember you could still be married to him and living in the same house.....
          Gabby, i would not want to fly today but be thankful that your not hung over and dying for some water. I always get so thirsty when flying that I would die without having my water bottle with me... imagine being hung over to boot!!!!
          I'm headed out (hopefully) to the bookstore to pick out some reading material to take up the extra time I would usually spead with a glass of wine in my hand.There is so much to do around here but I don't want to spend all my free time doing drudgery. It seems as if the wineglass was my signal to relax and I don't know how to without it.Will have to work on some new habits.
          Does anyone know if Donna(Aution) is still on the boards?. Is she under a new name or still on vacation? I've missed her.
          I'm feeling pretty strong-willed at the moment but we know how that can change hour to hour. Wish I could save this strength for a time when I needed it.
          Best wishes to you all for a great thursday
          Janet

Comment

Thursday, August 10th

vinophile wrote: I'm feeling pretty strong-willed at the moment but we know how that can change hour to hour. Wish I could save this strength for a time when I needed it.
            Oh, wouldn't that be nice!!! I'm having a very UP day. Hope it will last into the evening. After my dog walk and run (sans dog) this evening, I am heading to the bar because an old friend who lives out of town will be there. I think I'll be fine - the wine there sucks and nothing else sounds good - and it will be interesting. I won't get there until after everyone has had a few. That intrigues me.
            Diane M.

Comment

Thursday, August 10th

Becca

Thasnks for your comments chick,

In answer to your question..yes it does get easier, i promise. I never thought in a million years that i could be in the position im in now with a great opportunity to get my life back.
              Hang in there honey, were all here for you whenever you need support...or just a good old moan!!

Lots a love

Lou-Lou x x x
              "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Thursday, August 10th

I ran three miles.
                Still want white wine but the craving really isn't too bad. Iced tea instead.
                I am having a really up day. I love this sobriety stuff!
                Diane M.

Comment

Thursday, August 10th

Evening check OUT! Made it through day 3 without real "cravings", just constantly (almost) thinking "I'm not drinking, I'm abs, no drinkies, abs abs abs". Argh! At least my head didn't start saying other things like "some wine would be nice". So that's good!
                  Diane, you will be my running buddy! Doesn't it help? I love it. I did just over 5 miles today, and despite my few weeks of badness, I was still on track. I had just slacked, only working out maybe once or twice instead of four or so times per wk, as I should.
                  Thanks, Lou, for saying it will get easier! I think someone else was saying something a while back about the constant thinking about what you are doing... think it was Shas, maybe. Sorry if not... Shas, you doing well these days? From what I have understood, you have come a long way!
                  OK, good night everyone! Day 4 and Friday tomorrow.... here I go with a good clear head!
                  Thanks for listening.

Comment

Thursday, August 10th

vinophile wrote: Hey All,
                    Good to read all your posts.
                    Hang in there Kathy, remember you could still be married to him and living in the same house.....
                    Gabby, i would not want to fly today but be thankful that your not hung over and dying for some water. I always get so thirsty when flying that I would die without having my water bottle with me... imagine being hung over to boot!!!!
                    I'm headed out (hopefully) to the bookstore to pick out some reading material to take up the extra time I would usually spead with a glass of wine in my hand.There is so much to do around here but I don't want to spend all my free time doing drudgery. It seems as if the wineglass was my signal to relax and I don't know how to without it.Will have to work on some new habits.
                    Does anyone know if Donna(Aution) is still on the boards?. Is she under a new name or still on vacation? I've missed her.
                    I'm feeling pretty strong-willed at the moment but we know how that can change hour to hour. Wish I could save this strength for a time when I needed it.
                    Best wishes to you all for a great thursday
                    Janet

Oh Janet --

Wouldn't it be fabulous to save up the good days for strength when days are not so good! I wish! I was wondering about Donna as well. She was great to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X