Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, August 14th!!

Hey guys!

I am also pleased i made it through the wkend after a few shaky moments...however im now on day 19 thanks to all the words of encouragement i recieved from my friends on here...Thanks guys x
    I really do feel great today, you just cant beat the feeling of waking up all refreshed and clear headed...I love it!!
    Well i hope everyone is having a good day, im off to pick up my car now...she has a lovely shiny new door!! Then i think ill pop the gym.
    Catch you later guys

Lots a love

Lou - Lou x x x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

So happy for ya Lou. Glad ya made it. Dieann, Glad puppy dog doesnt drink. Instead of a toast....go for a dog bone. Maybe one for hubby too. You could even try the dog run for a bit. And Nancy....neighbors cookin up meth????? now thats a scary thought! And bambs....what clinic? I missed that. Good for you. Will miss ya on the boards tho.
      Now off to this big tennesee mall they are talkin about. Dont think I have enough dollars. gabbos. check in later for the late sign in's.
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Hi All,
        Another great day here. Happy I made it through the weekend so now I'm one week wine free. Easier when my husband isn't drinking.I'm looking foward to my WFS meeting tonight. I need the extra push. My husband is sort of making me jump through hoops to get there though as now he says he has to work and I have to drinve the kids to an appt an hour away.TOUGH!!!I'm going no matter what. I don't know whether it's a control issue on his part but frankly I don't give a damn. As my mother used to say "If your going to be a doormat for everyone don't get upset when you dscover everyone's been walking all over you"
        Bambino, I'm not sure if you're going to the doctor in a few days or going to a clinic but hang in there. You have so much to offer. Being a (hopefully former) wino myself I know how tempting a bottle in the fridge can be. Great job if you can pour it down the drain. Keep close and let us know.
        I'm going to try and spend a few minutes outside. I've found out a few minutes in the sun can really help my mood. We need all the help we can get.
        Have a great day all!!!
        Janet

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Greetings, folks,
          I've been in a terrible funk for 10 days...can't get out of bed, no motivation, backaches, headaches, horrible nightmares, negative thoughts, severe anxiety centered in the core of my body (stomach and lower back), crabby to others, felt like my head would explode with anger and pain, no appetite..drank some beer or wine every day in moderation, but felt like I had no reaon to live----classic depression, I think...
          I'm a bit better today, gonna make an apointment with my dr and maybe my psychiatrist (I have taken antidepressants for 12 years, Prozac for the last 8)...can't tell what is depression or menopause ( no period since February)...
          I've been reading the posts daily, but no energy or interest in responding.....This was the summer I have chosen to make a decision to stop/moderate my drinking...school starts in 2 weeks...hope I will be ready for it....
          This sounds like a pity party, I know, but it's not...I'm a very private person, and don't often share my pain with anyone (friends, co-workers, etc)....however, I've been here since late May, and I'm impressed with everyone's integrity and clarity of thought and kind honesty...(and frankly, I'm really in psychic trouble here)...
          Thanks for listening...this was my first chore of the day...(actually, my second....my first was to take a shower) next, call for drs appts...make myself a decent breakfast...then, water my thristy flowers...eventually I must go grocery shopping, for there's nothing left in the cupboard or the frig...
          Anni

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Anni, did you make those appointments? I hope so! Glad to hear you've been lurking, even if you're too wiped to respond.
            Diane M.

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

real quick

Just wanted to check in real quick--I am on my way out to head home and get the kids outside--the weather is just so nice it kills me having to be at work.

Feeling much, much more like a real person. Something definitely starts to take shape after day 10--always-always at risk. During yoga today--the part where you just zone out at the end--I envisioned firing my alcoholism. I told it that even though it had been employed by my family for 4 generations--I was now aware of how it had decieved us and it was time to leave. I also told it that I had gotten a restraining order and if it came near me again--I would call the authorities immediately (start praying). it was strange, but where my mind went.

Anni--definitely call your doctor there is no reason to continue suffering.

Kim

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Reality Bytes!

Wow, today there is a bit of everything here--the good, the difficult, the so-so--just everything. But that is Absville. I'm moved at the honesty of everyone here about sharing their difficulties and not just the good times! You have no idea how important that is for me, 'cause sometimes I'm not sure what keeps me going. I'd love to think it was for some higher reason, or because I feel optimistic about the future, but sometimes, I don't feel optimistic. It's more a case that I DEFINITELY KNOW I won't get where I hope to go if I don't do something about my drinking! So I keep on keeping on, and hoping that I will feel more optimistic as time goes on. My scale is being very stubborn too, which is adding to my current disgruntlement.

Anni, I hope you did make those appointments!!! You must be feeling so bad to have stayed in bed. Makes me feel a little self-absorbed to be upset about the stuff I'm upset about! I am GLAD you posted, though, and I hope that it helped to tell us just how badly you are feeling. I didn't take it as a pity party. I think emotional/psychological exhaustion is just as bad, if not worse, as physical exhaustion. I think it's worse because people don't take it a seriously because it doesn't seem as "REAL", but it takes just as much out of us! Anyway, I hope that your docs can help you with this!

Keep it up, Lou! You're doing great and should be so proud of yourself today!! Nancy, Dieann, and Gabsters, you guys rock!! I'm jealous of your weight loss, Dieann! Maybe I'll catch up soon!

I can't see the previous page, but hugs to Susan, of course!!

I just bought a bee-proof hummingbird feeder, as the bees have taken over my other one, and the hummers are avoiding it. It's been so dry that I think there aren't many flowers right now and the bees are getting pretty hungry, themselves. I might fill the old one up so they can still have some nectar, too. (Aren't I sweet??? AWWWW...) Also, I was wondering why my yellow finches haven't been hanging around so much, well.....I just went to take down their feeder to clean it out, and the seed at the bottom was all wet and yucky and had some little worms crawling around in it! No wonder they weren't finding it very appetizing!!! I hope they'll forgive me!!! I love my birdie friends, although I don't know if it amuses or tortures my cats to have them all flying around my deck all day long!!:H

Anyway, I'm off to sew flags again. Hope you all have a good rest of the day.

Hugs,

Kathy:l
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Kathy

I just wanted to say that i think you are such a sweetheart..and your lifestyle is so completely different to mine...isnt it strange but comforting that we all find such imense support and comfort from eachother nomatter where we come from...part of me envies your lifestyle but not in a horrid way....i think id just love to get away from the stress an buisiness of inner city life. I love the idea of living on a farm an fending for myself...having noone to answer to. Im sure thats prob just me bein idealistic an theres more to it than that but i do wonder...are material things that important? im nearly 30 an im single..i so wanted to be married by now an i always said i wanted a football team of kids...an i wanted to adopt to, i just always wanted a house full of happy kids an i know id make a great mum.....i think im living the wrong kind of lifestyle for that which makes me sad cause i dont know how to change it!

Anyways....sorry bout the rant chick, just needed to get that out!

Love as always

Lou - Lou x x x
                  "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Monday, August 14th!!

Actually, Lou-Lou, I just live in a town house on the outside of a small city, and my bird feeders are on my deck!!! But I do know what you mean about the lure of the country, and fortunately, I don't have to go too far to get there!

Hugs,
                    Kathy
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X