Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday August 21st

Oh Nancy, that is so sad.
    My three pounds are still within my normal weight range. I want to get below normal! I am not exactly a patient person.
    My dad says the pounds will come off in spurts. Well, I'm ready for that second spurt!
    My liver is probably very happy to have a vacation, pounds or no pounds.
    Started reading "Responsible Drinking" by the Moderation Management people. Hmmm. Haven't gotten very far, but abs sounds a whole lot easier.
    Diane M.

Comment

Monday August 21st

Hi everyone... It DOES give me such inspiration,,, Macks with his fishing , Lou with her workouts, and most of all the sentiments that Nancy made regarding the guy who has ruined his life thru driving whilst under the influence.... See I did that, yet only got a broken nose and a dead car.... How Lucky am I. I have lived with this for 3 years, but have tortured my self with the fact that other people WOULD have had to live with it for the rest of their lives had the unimaginable occured.
      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Monday August 21st

Hiya Bub, not seen you around for what seems like ages...Hope everything is alright with you and yours?
        Its nice to have you around....Take care mate....Macks
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Monday August 21st

Macks!!!!

Answer my question on the guys thread.... i need to know how far to go with my working out..lol!!!

Lou-Lou x x x
          "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Monday August 21st

Hey Bambs,

Glad you're here! People have been lookin for you!

There is a big difference between guilt and conviction,
            Bambs, Honey. Guilt separates, oppresses, and depresses.
            Guilt is of our own minds. God does not use guilt. He does use conviction. Conviction is God's way of bringing our worngs (sin) alongside His perfect nature and showing us just how much we are sacrificing through our involvement with it. In doing so, His goal is to bring us to a point of "agreement" and desired change. In agreeing with Him about the unnecessary nature of our sin, we are led to confess it as sin before Him and claim the forgiveness through what He did for us on the cross.

This is a wonderful thing! This is how a great life grows! We are to ask Him to convict us of our wrongs (sin) , and welcome it! But leave the guilt out of it---it's not from God.

I personally have struggled with guilt my whole life....No more!
            Isn't this freeing to know?

Long post......but I hope it strikes a cord with somebody.

Nancy & Belle:h
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Monday August 21st

Hi Abbers!!

Howdy all!

It's good to see people back here, today!! Missed all the peeps yesterday!!!!

I just have a few minutes to post, because I just got in from work, have to get some stuff together, then I'm back out to drop off some fabric and give a sewing lesson to another committee member. Not that she can't sew, LOL, but we are quite particular about how we're putting our flags together, tra-la-la!!!

Your story is quite sobering Nancy, and I know that I am very grateful that my drinking hasn't caused more destruction. I am also grateful that I SURVIVED my adolescent stupidity, and so did others, as well!

Bambers, it's good to see you back...

Anyway, just checking in! Yesterday was so boring in Absville, it's good to see more peeps back in town!!

Hugs,:l

Kathy
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday August 21st

Hey. I'm back. Went to my work conference this weekend. YES..I did drink...took edge off my insecurity in imparting on this new adventure. Back to abs yesterday. Conference went well..SO many great ideas! I feel empowered now, especially since the doc I work for flaked and didn't attend. He has no business skills, but an awesome rep for his ob/gyn practice. NOT THE SAME!!! I feel like I came away with so many marketing strategies...very exciting! Disappointed about the drinking. Was at a bar with Oliver Stone and Adrian Brody and I think Ashton Kuchter..he wouldn't totally reveal his identity to me...let myself give in stupidly..but not insanely. No more trips FOR a LONG time!!! Never experienced that kinda "Hollywood" experience. Now as I focus on family, health and career...gotta focus on sobriety. Too much to lose. Want to be "sane" like Brigid and Susan...et all. Got a LONG road ahead of me....Gina

Comment

Monday August 21st

ok. I"m not shot!!!
                  Gina, welcome back, I was wondering where you were and I think you put it excellently.. too much to lose...thats my feeling exactly.

my family is sick. we have been sick now for over 2 weeks and i'm really 'over' it. sigh. it is so consuming. better get back to it.

have a good day all.
                  Brigid

Comment

Monday August 21st

Hey All,
                    It's already evening and I've missed a few days with you folks.Frequently I read the posts in the morning, think about them, and then post myself later on. Unforntunately the days would get busy so I would never get back on to post. I did have some wine on Friday night so I'm back at day 2 now. Do any of you remember that old board game called "Shoots and Ladders" ???While playing you'd roll the dice and then climb up the ladder on the game board. Then if you were unlucky you'd hit a shoot and get sent to the bottom of the game board and have to start the game all over again. In a way I feel like that as I had accrued almost 12 days and then had my 3 glasses of wine and am starting all over again.
                    I enjoyed everyone's posts as usual. I'm so sad about the death caused by the drunk driver. Especially with a teenage son cruising about it sends shivers through my spine not only for his safety but for the possiblilty of what he could do to others.
                    Lou, great job... keep it up.
                    Wayne, have a great time fishing tomorrow!!!
                    Bambino, good to see you again.
                    Everyone else, have a good evening.
                    See you tomorrow.
                    Janet

Comment

Monday August 21st

Bambi, Bambi, Bambi. WE HAVE BEEN WORRIED ABOUT YOU! Please check in with us even if it is just for a quickie. Lou Lou is gonna have ya do laps in the pool and I want 50 push-ups and Mac is gonna put ya on diaper poo poo duty for uuhhhm.......a while. Not sure how long but we all know he is full of it up to his neck. Now dont do that anymore.....please and thank you very much. Thats all I have to say for now. gabby
                      well one more thing.....we are missing several more peeps too. what the heck is up?
                      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday August 21st

oops....i missed a whole page. but still some missing, peggy, jane, donna and who else Kathy?

Comment

Monday August 21st

Dunno, Gabsters.....Susan isn't here today, but she said she was gonna spend less time here. Matt also said he was only checking in occasionally. Let me think....hmmm.....topa...dopa..dumb...okay, missing Shas for today, MFM....

Who else???

Roll Call!!!!!
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday August 21st

I am Back!

Hi Guys, I am back still get confused as its Tuesday morning here! Went to Sydney on Sunday to go to a Funeral Monday (yesterday for me) which was really sad but still a celebration of this gorgeous mans life! He was so loving and had a great wit that you were always laughing when you were around him. I basically went as support for my parents as it was Dad's last friend & best friend mind you. My Dad has always been so sick and he has outlasted them all. Couldn't help feeling though that the next funeral I attend it will be his, and I was sad for him because I know he was thinking exactly the same thing! I am running out of supps but will have to hold tight as money is abit short at the moment. We get our income from commissions and they sometimes get delayed but this time 3 are delayed so we are broke!!! But we will get there. Next week I have an appointment with a addiction councellor because my doctor who was doing the COG therapy thought I needed more than his input. Don't know whether to laugh or cry about that! Glad to see everybody is going OK and glad you are feeling better Bambs! Nancy is so right about the guilt thing so listen to her! Gabby you make my heart swell, I would be so proud if I had you as a daughter!
                            Had my daughter over for lunch over the weekend to talk about her wedding. It was a disaster plus! To long a story to post here but I am working on myself so it does not bring me down!
                            PS It sounds like I am not proud of my daughter but I AM she has come such along way.
                            Talk to you all soon.
                            Shas
                            Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Monday August 21st

ahhhh....thanks shas. what a nice thought to take to bed with me. I miss my mom so much too. what you said just really makes me smile with warm fuzzies. : ) gabby

Comment

Working...
                              X