X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, August 31st

Bambs
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!
    I know what you mean about not being able to have one glass. Hey, the first step to solving a problem is recognizing one, right? Brave of you - being honest with ourselves when we have messed up is not always easy but sure beats the alternative!
    Have a great day!
    Jenn

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Back to answer a couple of questions. I was making some clarifying statements to some of my posts in the research forum, so hopefully, 90% of the folks are happy now ;-).

Nancy and Belle, the cleansing is mainly oral, but you can use some water assistance in the later more intense phases, but it's mainly oral. If you go to the www.ariseandshine.com website, on the cleanse page, they have a link to a free cleanse guide, so you can take a look if you are interested. But, it's a full internal body cleanse from top to toe, so I'll try to stay stoic the first few days, which will be the most difficult to get into the rythym. I'll go shopping tonight with my fruit and veggie shopping list to get the first few days supplies to get me through the labor day weekend.

Kathy, if you ever want to talk about mormonism, just email or pm me. My experience might be a bit different from others because I was raised in Utah, so we were predominant. They still have funny liquor laws there, but so does Pennsylvania, and they don't have many mormons...:H

Good to see everyone else is working, trying to get healthy and keeping that monkey off of the back.

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

I am not a freaking idiot

This should probably go under the venting thread, but I am more comfortable here.

I have been having an extremely hard time getting to sleep each night since Sunday. Actually, this has happened every single night since quitting drinking--except on weekends my hubby lets me sleep in, so weekends aren't that bad. I can't fall asleep until 2:30a and I have to be up at 6:30a. Four hours a night is not enough for this girl. I have tried the metalonin, sleep CD's, Calms--everything. Over the counter sleep medicine makes me sick the next day--and dopey. Since I am at my wits end here I finally called my doctor's office to ask for something to help me sleep.

It was hard enough talking to the doctor about my drinking to get anatbuse--but miss perky nurse calls me to ask all about my drinking and the anatabuse. Embarassing! Then miss perky calls me back to tell me to take metalonin or over the counter medication. I tell her did that, done that. I explain that I am getting 4 hours of sleep and I can not continue like this. Miss perky calls back to tell me that he feels that it would be inappropiate to give me sleeping medication because of the drinking and that I need to exercise. I explain that I have done that too. I politely explain that I can not function during the day, thanks and I will be trying another doctor. Does the doctor not get the fact that lack of sleep can cause a person to drink!!!! What pisses me off is that had I not finally come clean on the drinking thing he would have written the script without a problem. What else gets me--is everyone I have spoken to that has come out of rehab goes home with a script for something to help them sleep.

Frustrated, angry and just plain tired! I have dinner with my sponsor tonight so I will talk with her about it. Just had to release--otherwise I would probably be dreaming up that this would be a great reason to drink!

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Hiya Absville,

Its 9pm here and just sitting down now with my promised tea and biscuits....I sound like an old man...It used to be beer and fags...Oh well i better go and buy some slippers then...
          Hiya Gabby you little red druggie, your quite right to be proud of your 86 days...That is unreal...I know how hard it gets and i'm very proud of you aswell.
          Susan, i'm really bad on the phone aswell.I just go blank most times. Even on chat here,i get a mental block.Its good your popping in more now..Absville is missing you.
          Jenn, this is the first place i come in the morning too, except i brush my teeth after, makes my tea taste like mint otherwise.Yeah tea,cig,and wake up catching up in Absville...The cigs are the next thing to go..Just gotta get a better grip on this first.
          Kathy,sorry...Your Honour,keep up the brilliant work you are doing an excellent job here.Absville is turning from a Hamlet into a town...We're gonna have to build a few more houses(with your permission)....Oh and a snooker hall...and a swimming baths....I was'nt question dodging by the way...I think i like the sound of Knight.....Do i get a sword?
          Bubba,i'm glad your in a positive frame of mind,it makes all the difference.I could'nt get Librium at home either, my doc said it was too much hassle for him (nice bloke).Have you ever heard of Antibuse? Its somthing i was concidering if my detox didnt work.
          Cv1,stupid question time...What is Morman?
          Pansy,it will be brilliant to see you in Absville...We've spoke a few times in chat and you come across as being really friendly.
          Kim,well done for day 28 and Brigid well done for day 537273. or something like that...I know its a lot.Marcie brilliant for 8 weeks aswell.
          Kate, well done for not going overboard.
          Hello to Diane and Shas and Nancy & Belle,i wish we had some of your weather Nancy.
          Mike, ok deep voice time.......Guy to Guy talk....What washing powder do you use, i use Bold but its getting really exspensive......Hehe.....Just joking was gonna ask you if you followed or supported a team...I'm a big Manchester United fan...I dont think that means a lot where you live...or does it?
          Right thats me finished...Gone on with myself long enough...Take care all Love Macks:l
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Mackers..your a babe!!

With you bein in UK too would really appeciate any advive on my last post on monthly abs...v long v deep!! if you feel you have to do it through pivate messaging then cool but if not maybe others could benefit from your advice?? cheers babes

Love ya loads chicken

Lou-Lou x x x
            "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Hey Mack, Mormon is a religion but outside of the states it's probably referred to as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, started by Joseph Smith in the 1800's. They were quite a persecuted lot and kept moving west and settled the Utah territory, then they abolished poligamy so that they could become a valid state in the United States.

Quite a healthy lot, no drinking, smoking, caffeine, moderation in everything, etc, etc.

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Hi Everyone --

This is likely to be a short post as I'm home recuperating from oral surgery and am a bit goofy on painkillers. (Who needs alcohol when you have narcotics?) Today is Day 3 AF for me although my official goal is to quit drinking September 1. Wow that's tomorrow, isn't it?? I have one of those little airplane bottles of gin -- I had been planning to have that as my last drink before moving into Abbsville. That's the only alcohol I have in the house and I'm not going to bring any more across the threshold. Anyway... I'm glad to be here with the rest of you wonderful & interesting folks.

Memarcie -- good to see you are still around, I remember we talked last fall sometime.

And Macks -- I usually use Tide with bleach alternative. It's expensive but worth it, LOL. Actually I don't really follow any sports, but do enjoy going to see baseball or hockey games in person when I have the chance. Don't really care for watching them on television -- I end up losing interest & falling asleep!

Looking forward to a great September here in Abbsvile. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Mike
                "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Wow--what a lovely crowd!

Welcome to all the new abbers, hello to all the regulars, and hey to all y'all lurking--come on in, Absville is great in the fall!

Nothing too profound at the moment.... but Mack, I wanted to let you know that we're not all football barbarians here in the US--I LOVE real football (well, I AM English--Ashford, Kent), and my grandfather played for both Sheffield and Crystal Palace back in the day!

Also, CV, a branch of my family were converted to Mormonism in the late 19th c and immigrated from England to the US--there's a whole pack of folks with my weird last name in Salt Lake City!

Six degrees of separation here!

susan
                  "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

Wow! Busy day in absville! That is good to see!
                    Kim, I'm peeved at your doctor's office. You're NOT drinking, that's the flippin' point. GRRRR.
                    Everyone is doing well with the personal messages - wonderful!
                    Not me though! So I'll just report that I have 29 abs days in August, 13 workouts (been laying low since I started dieting, but I'm getting my energy back), and I've lost 6.5 pounds. Yay me!!!
                    Sounds like most of us are doing well, with scattered clouds of frustration now and then.
                    Enjoy abs. It feels GOOD.
                    Diane M.

Comment

Thursday, August 31st

feeling yucky

Hi Friends,
                      Sorry I've been so quiet lately. Actually it's called isolating and it's not good. I miss addressing each one of you personally, just too self-centered right now. Alcohol has taken over my life again and I am so ashamed. I have to decide what to do about my screwed up sick marriage. I feel like he's sabotaging my sobriety at every turn. I am very happy not to buy it for myself, but when he pops it open and hands it to me, I'm toast. I have no resistance to it in that circumstance. I wish I could die sometimes. I''ve been with him for 23 years and we have lovely children. Oh dear God what am I going to do?

Comment

Working...
                      X