Friday, September 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, September 1st

Don't worry Bambs, it's not a hurricane any more, just some wind and rain. Not that bad. Anyway, the worst is passing east of here, which is good. Hopefully, things won't be too bad for Becca's journey either. They have some power outages in Virginia Beach, but hopefully, the lights will be back on by the time she gets there! I don't think there will be any problems here after all. It isn't even raining very hard!!

Hugs,

Kathy
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday, September 1st

Happy September all. I was going to start my 30 days today....didn't happen...but I will reset for Tuesday. I have been lurking around here since July 2005 and yet have not done my 30 days. I am on all the supps and stuff, no Topo, may try Campral, hopefully you will hear good things from me.
      Have a great weekend.
      Love and Peace,
      Phil
      Love and Peace,
      Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Friday, September 1st

Oh my gosh, this has been a long day, and I still have to work for another 1/2 hour. It's my first day back at work after my oral surgery, so I guess that's why I feel so exhausted. I'm in a bit of pain and the Advil just isn't cutting it.... I'm holding off on the prescription pain medicine until I get home.

Perhaps it's a blessing that I'm not feeling so well going into this long weekend -- otherwise maybe I would be tempted to drink tonight. I can honestly say, though, that alcohol doesn't sound the least bit attractive right now. A hot meal, my comfy chair, and maybe a DVD sound much better!

And Phil, it's good to have you here with us.

Take care, everyone.

Mike
        "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Friday, September 1st

Kathy
          I'm in Michigan. It did get nice later in the day today. Yeah!
          Hope everyone had a good Friday.
          Hubby and I saw "The Illusionist" this evening for date night. It was great. Not much of an appetite (I think the Topa takes my appetite away) - so did not have dinner out. Just bottled water and a few bites of popcorn at the theatre.
          My daughter went to court today for her second mip. It went well. She will be on probabtion for 90 days. She has to call into court every day between 5AM and 9AM and will be asked to come in and do a urine/breath alcohol test at random so it will be 90 days abs for her. A very good thing. God does work in mysterious ways.
          Hope all of you that had bad weather with the hurricane faired well.
          Gabby, you are awesome!
          Blessings to you all and goodnight!
          Jenn

Comment

Friday, September 1st

Pansy, I loved your (was it?) typo calling this a month of abstrain!!!! how eloquent. The strain to abstain. It is a strain in the beginning isnt it.. boy, is it!!!

My new venture is going well so far.. pretty busy. I managed to come on here twice this week so thats ok also. In all the literature I've read its unwise to think of 'myself' as cured.. so I need to do something that reminds me all the time of that.. and this forum is a good way to do that, seeing as I dont want to do AA.

And, I"m finally over my flu and the sun is out so its a good day here.
            Brigid

Comment

Working...
            X