Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, September 2nd

Hiya All,
    Not gonna stop on long tonight,i wanted to address everyone today aswell. Just had a few issues at home today that needed my full attention. I'm not a small bloke and not a lot scares me, but my 12 year old daughter scares the living sh*t out of me sometimes.
    Bit stressed tonight but being good..Guzzling lucozade and my jaw is killing from chewing on sweets.
    Be back on in the morning in a better mood i hope...Everything seems better in the morning.
    Bubba your lad was in spitting distance from my house today....I live in a village about 2 miles from Dalton...Small world eh?
    Take care all..........Macks:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Saturday, September 2nd

thanks for the link

Thanks for the Dateline link--hard story to read--especially knowing this could have been me many times. All its takes is one time behind the wheel and you are just rolling the dice. The sad reality is that so many get away with it many times--including those normal drinkers.

Friday was the day from hell with no sleep--I was phyically ill. I felt and looked like I had a raging hangover. I took some benadryl last night that helped a little--but still having trouble getting to sleep. So I got up and went to the local Med-Center today--lied my butt off and got 7 sleeping pills--I can hardly wait!

Glad to see everyone in absville today! I am off to a meeting tonight--I am looking forward to hear this girl's story. Plus, after my whole shake up with the sleeping I need a meeting. I was telling my sponsor yesterday if this continued--I was sure to drink. I think I was being somewhat dramatic--I knew there was no valid reason to drink--and I would feel much worse the next day anyways--not better. The really good thing about the whole experience is that this would have been the perfect reason to drink-- to justify it to myself. I still didn't--not long ago it would not have been that way.

Kim

Comment

Saturday, September 2nd

Blown Away....

God, I can hardly post for crying....what a sad story! If only we could all have an electrode implanted in our brains that would remind us of this story every time a thought of drinking entered our brains!! That would be so helpful! But we just have to keep working on undoing the habits that keep us thinking about drinking until we are thinking about other things. Of course, we also have to also be wary of when the beast can sneak up on us unaware, just like it did to me yesterday! Yikes. I'm glad that I escaped in the nick of time without too much damage! Whew! I'm still amazed at myself and feeling very grateful.

It's interesting, because before I found MWO, I was starting to have dreams of having cops chase me when I was drinking and driving, even though my friends and I had started staying at each others' houses if we were drinking! That was yet another red flag to me that I must do something about my drinking. I am still so very grateful to have found MWO!

I was struck by one line in the MSNBC story that "MM may be one of AA's best referral sources". I think it is so important that all alcoholism programs maintain respect for each other, and that we all maintain respect for each others' programs. We never know what it is like to walk in each others' shoes, so we must imagine and empathize as best as we can.

Anyway, love you all, and welcome to SOLA! I will enjoy being a regular "citizen" again for awhile. I will be happy to assume the mantle of "POWER" (Mayor) again late in Sept or early Oct. HaHaHa!!! (Too bad we don't have that little EVIL emoticon available here, LOL!!)

Hugs and love,:l :h

Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Saturday, September 2nd

Hello all.

Someone outside of this forum sent me the link to that story on US tv and I read it... and came here to post about it to see that you have all seen it anyway.. (trust me to have my finger on the pulse!!!!).

I think there is no doubt that our ability to delude ourselves is monumental. Getting to a place of honesty with ourselves is challenging and we resist every step of the way. Perhaps moderation can work for some, I doubt it, personally (sorry to those who disagree with me).. maybe it can work for people before they get to the stage that they look online for help.. I dont know. I think if you have found your way here, its unlikely.. maybe worth a try or two.. but not much more than that...

But life ISNT bad without drink. It is a challenge to get to thinking this way, but it is possible. I know when I started I thought,.. lets get to 3 weeks, - 3 months etc... The reality is that drinking for us ISNT NICE... it gets us into TROUBLE (capitals intended)... the sell of party, freedom etc of alcohol for us is part of our DELUSION.

I'm getting rabid in my old age!!!!!

Gina, welcome on board my friend. You have had a hard time, but I still believe you can do this... do you?
          Kathy.. hugs.
          Mike, hi
          hi everyone else..
          Brigid

Comment

Saturday, September 2nd

Hello all.

Someone outside of this forum sent me the link to that story on US tv and I read it... and came here to post about it to see that you have all seen it anyway.. (trust me to have my finger on the pulse!!!!).

I think there is no doubt that our ability to delude ourselves is monumental. Getting to a place of honesty with ourselves is challenging and we resist every step of the way. Perhaps moderation can work for some, I doubt it, personally (sorry to those who disagree with me).. maybe it can work for people before they get to the stage that they look online for help.. I dont know. I think if you have found your way here, its unlikely.. maybe worth a try or two.. but not much more than that...

But life ISNT bad without drink. It is a challenge to get to thinking this way, but it is possible. I know when I started I thought,.. lets get to 3 weeks, - 3 months etc... The reality is that drinking for us ISNT NICE... it gets us into TROUBLE (capitals intended)... the sell of party, freedom etc of alcohol for us is part of our DELUSION.

I'm getting rabid in my old age!!!!!

Gina, welcome on board my friend. You have had a hard time, but I still believe you can do this... do you?
            Kathy.. hugs.
            Mike, hi
            hi everyone else..
            Brigid

Comment

Working...
            X