Monday, September 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, September 4th

I refuse to live in a homeowner association community.....so go ahead and paint yourself PINK! Gina

Comment

Monday, September 4th

Lou - phone that Gatehouse place - you won't need to wait 7 months then lady. Glad you had a nice time tonight - you are sounding a chirpy chappy - keep it up
      Good luck at docs 2 moz
      Liz
      xxxx
      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Monday, September 4th

Thanks Bambs..ill prob give you a call an let you know how i got on...am scared of grumpy doc!!!
        speak tommoz babes

Lou-Lou x x x
        "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Monday, September 4th

Hiya again, just popping back in to say goodnight, and well done to everybody. Kids are back at school tommorow ( would have been a quieter day if it was today Bub ) so everyones up at the crack of dawn.
          If everyone does pop in chat later sorry i cant be there...I already popped in to see Mike before for a flying visit and i left the fish,already wrapped in foil with lemon slices and sea salt...I've already ate mine...
          Gina it was lovely to meet you even if it was for a couple of minutes...It always happens when i go on chat...world war 3 starts in my livingroom.
          Hope everyone has sweet dreams in Absville tonight...Love Macks
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Monday, September 4th

Hey guys..........Wow...what a day!

Had a quick (very) pop in at Mike's and then bar-b-que with son and daughter-in-love to be and hubby.
            Would have loved to stay longer at Mike's but they were having a hard time understanding why I was attending a party without them and.......they were ready to eat!!!!
            Thanks to Mike for hosting the party....Your place looks great!

I heard a rumor that somebody is planning on a pink house here! Personally, I think that is a great idea! We can fill your front yard with pink flamingos when you get done!

It's been another good af day of sharing in Absville...a lot of food for thought.

Bath time at my place. I'll check in later if I can stay awake!

Nancy & Belle:l

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Monday, September 4th

Yum! Fish! Chips too? Ummmm... Thanks, Macks!! You're so thoughtful! Don't kids have the knack for knowing that you're doing something you're enjoying and pick EXACTLY that time to crank it up! Gotta love them! (The Good Lord knew to make them adorable so we'd let them LIVE to adulthood!)

I'm taking a quick break from sewing. I'm getting into the sweatshop sewing style....crikey!! (Love to you, Steve Irwin!) But I wanted to say hi to all and love to all.

My heart is never far from Absville.

Hugs,
              Kathy

PS: Guess what color my house will be???
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday, September 4th

Thanks to everyone for stopping by for the party -- what fun we had! I just don't know what I'm going to do with all these leftovers..... I know! If you weren't able to make it today, swing by tomorrow and I'll fix you a plate. There is more than enough to go around.

Lou-Lou, I agree -- you should paint your house any color you like. Pink sounds fine to me. And I love the idea of the pink flamingos to go along with it! Abbsville is getting more colorful all the time.

All in all, a pretty good day here. I got a little bit of housecleaning done, a little bit of laundry, and paid the bills. I took a 2-hour nap in observance of Labor Day, and feel fine in general. Nary a thought of alcohol, except to notice that I don't want any.

Speaking of naps -- I do find myself a bit sluggish & sleepy these days. I'm assuming it's the topa. I'm at 150 mg and hoping to hold my dosage there if at all possible.

I've also been thinking about my drinking cycle during the week. Today is Monday (although it feels more like Sunday). Over the last few years, I got in the habit of drinking heavily on Monday nights for some reason, perhaps because Mondays seemed so difficult at work. I would always come home, drink, get on the phone long distance, drink some more, chat online, drink some more, etc. Often I'd go to bed (read: pass out) without eating any dinner. And of course Tuesday would be a hangover day. So Tuesday I'd drag my sorry butt to work, somehow make it through the day wondering whether or not I would live, then come home and eat something, and lie on the couch until I could fall asleep as early as possible. Then it would be a toss-up as to whether I would drink again Wednesday night or Thursday, but it would usually be Wednesday. And then of course Friday or Saturday but not both. The point is, I would drink so hard when I drank, that I couldn't possibly do it two nights in a row. The other point is, tomorrow is Tuesday but it will seem like Monday, so I will need to be on guard for cravings.

It just amazes me how addiction works. We keep craving the very thing that causes us so much misery.

Anyway I am very happy to be here in this wonderfully diverse community with its pink and turquoise(?) houses and lovely people. Thanks to you all for being here.

Mike

P.S. Pansy did you notice we have the same # of days?
                "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Monday, September 4th

Yay!!

I can have a pond with pink flamencoes in my front garden....I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the idea Mike

Lou-Lou x x x x
                  "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Monday, September 4th

You're right, Mike, turquoise is MY color! However, if turquoise seems a bit too loud, we will settle upon a more subdued and tasteful teal color for my home in Absville. Thanks for being so perceptive! Wink! ;-)

Hugs, Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday, September 4th

Whew, I made it in a nick of time. At first I got confused and couldn't find your house Mike. But then I saw Mack there with a bunch of cats followin him. I called for you Mack, but you seemed to be in a rush. Then I knocked on the door. Must have been when you were snoozin Mike. Dont feel bad tho. The topa does that to me too. But I got to take a nice walk around absville and notice all the grand improvements. I love Lou's pink house and Kathys teal one too. Nancy what are ya gonna paint your house. I wonder how Kim is gonna like her add on. Everyone will add their own uniqie touch and make absville a great place.

Mike, I think its great how your lookin at your cycles. (lol) I didn't have much of a drinkin`1q cycle. It was just a daily thing. Didn't get drunk per say...just a regular nightly numbing out thing. It was amazing how I had built my tolerance up. Its funny cuz the kids insist I wasn't ever drunk like dad. Actually I dont think I was much either. I never had blackouts, passouts, detoxes, never angry outbursts. Never the shakes, rarely hung over. Never any strange episodes. Just drank a lot of beer...nearly every night. It was my way of copeing from 5:30 until bedtime. And mostly I knew I had become dependant. For quite sometime I knew I wasn't gonna be able to do it forever, just had to wait for the day to come for me to know....ok its here now. Time to stop. And thank God for topa. It keeps my cravings basically under control. And when do I stop? Well same answer. I'll know when.

Well gotta go to bed. I have a sick baby. (well hes 13) Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
                      Thanks for the party Mike. Great idea, lets do it again. gabby
                      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                      X