Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, September 5th

Good Tuesday morning Absville,

Sheee....I went back to sleep after hubby left @ 4am and mised the prize again!!!!!!!!! Maybe tomorrow......I need some red paint for the barn!

Got a "happy" wake up call from my daughter Amy Liz this morning. Things have been a little "strained" with her for a little while but it's lookin up now. She has been through about seven years of divorce h__.........that on the heels of about seven years of marriage h___. She does have two wonderful boys to show for it all though. We're going to a football game this evening to watch the youngest play. Can't wait.

Friends..........I have been blessed with several true friends through the years. Some I only talk to once or twice a year now. When we do talk it is as though time has stood still... What a blessing........I consider you all my friends...I hope you feel the same about me......If you ask, I'll tell you the truth....sometimes I even tell you if you DON'T ask...:H Thats just the way friends are...not in a hurtful way but in a concerned loving way! We can't have enough of those kind of friends.
    I agree we all have to set "healthy boundries" around ourselves to stop the hurtful things from destroying us wheather it be from family or this crazy world we live in.

Gina..........I LOVE NAKED JUICE!! Have you tried the blueberry-blackberry? YUM!

Belle and I have tomatoes to take care of this morning.Gotta get them done so we can drive into the city to watch the big game.

Blessings to all who come here.

Nancy & Belle:l
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Oh Mike!!!!!!!
      What a good idea! The discussion group! Wish I lived close enough to be there! I will be in Spirit!

The phone call thing is something I have personally had happen to me. Not me calling, but my first sister-in-law got on the phone when she started drinking. I have a cousin that does that very often....My sister-in-law died from an over dose of drugs and drinking.
      Louis Grizzard a writter from USA called the "Black line fever"........ I don't know what to say to my cousin when she calls.......it's always durning the day from her work and her boss is out. Any suggestions? I have a concern that she may drive home in that state and hurt herself or someone else.

Thanks for listening.
      Nancy

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Hmmmm !!!!!!

Had strange images of our Absville community drinking apple, blackberry, blueberry conconctions, NAKED - armed with their Magic Bullets !!! Hee Heeeee

Sorry bout that - mind working overtime !!!!

P.S Sorry about this post - it was in response to Nancys second to last one
        ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Mike, I double agree on alcohol stunting ability of making true friendship. Like a lot of other stuff in the feelings area...I am far more tuned into my heart and communication skills without alcohol unlike I used to think I needed in social situations. I feel confident about going right to the core of things and being less wishey--washey on knowin how I feel and what I think about things. Which can be a little scary...Nancy, sounds like you know about that. Get a straight answer from ya weather ya like it or not. Way to go. I love the truth! And tell it no matter what. And really have issues with being lied to. Glad your daughter is better. Uhgg....I dunno about your cousin. Keep talkin to her if she is drinkin, confront her if she is sober? Not if she is drivin tho, tell her you what to talk when she gets home. Just a guess. Whats everyone else think? I sure am your here at absville. gabbs
          and oh....what discussion?
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Bambino....spoze anything's possible.

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Nancy, do you think your cousin would be offended if you sent her the link to the dateline article?

Either way, maybe it's something she should see.
              "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT HOW TO DO THAT....MAYBE IF I SENT IT TO EVERYONE ON MY LIST? THEN SHE WOULDN'T FEEL SINGLED OUT?

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Ok.........I just sent it to most of my list........Please pray that it will get to the ones that need it.

Thanks
                  Nancy:l

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Mike, I really agree with what you said about friendships and alcohol. It made me cringe about the school gatherings where I have shown up tipsy (because I did not want to go in the first place but had to for my daughter) and befriended people I normally would not and then the next time I see them when I am sober I have nothing to say to them so I avoid them. Ugh. A lot of food for thought you gave me. I am sick of this relationship I have with alcohol and I want to break up!!! I am trying for moderation right now with hopes of someday being abs but I check in on your board because you all inspire me. Thanks!
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Good idea guys! Nanc, just send it again. I get duplicates all the time. This time make sure ya get everyone.

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

We would love to have ya Lush. Have plenty of room and no harsh rules. Come for a few days if ya like. gabbs

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Thanks Gabby. I appreciate it.
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

I haven't been around for a few weeks, but I wanted to check in because today represents three weeks of abs for me! It has been difficult being in situations where I usually drink. Wine was a big part of dining out, and we do that almost every night. But I'm finding out that the more I do it, the easier it is getting. For the first time, I went to the one of my son's gigs and didn't drink. That was an eye opener! Boy, it's really weird to see all those people getting drunk, rowdy, and downright disgusting. And I actually had a good time. Like Gabby, I want to thank my friends here. I have missed you guys.

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

I am on the train too going to Absville. I know I do much better when I pretend to be a member of Absville-so glad this is a good place to check in. I used to not understand why people posted daily but now understand it is the accountability factor. Glad that one sunk in! I still may not post daily but will if needed.

I have been very inspired by the members doing so well. Thanks for setting the bar high!

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Hey all. Thank heavens you are all here because I said I needed to hibernate or cocoon to do my cleanse and abstain...and then my erstwhile boyfriend, who doesn't live with me but is a major trigger, just called to let me know he had classes here for the next two days, so my first week, which is always tough alone, will be even tougher because he'll be here until Sunday now! Maybe he'll leave Saturday, I'm not sure. Not that I don't care about him a lot after 9 years together, but he is not a good support and thinks I should do things alone and he is smart enough not to drink and drive but he has to cook and he has to have his vodka/sprite each night, close to a 1/2 a fifth each night to "take the pain away" from his fused neck.

Yes, I know it hurts him, but geez, this is tough enough for those of us really trying to stick it out...So please, don't be surprised if I check in more frequently rather than less because I'll not only be fighting the drink but the smell of his southern cooking or ording in chinese or pizza...:upset:

With all of the excellent posts from you all getting stronger each day too, I will survive...Thanks for letting me vent and leaning on you all.

Comment

Working...
                                X