Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, September 5th

Hiya all,
    Great to see Absville in full swing as usual, not been able to check in all day and this is a first reading everyones posts at once.
    Got up early this morning to get kids ready for school...Silence is golden..I dont know who was more excited me or them.
    Went fishing at dinnertime with the intention of staying out till tommorow dinner, but i was falling asleep so decided to come home...thats the great thing about living in this area, i can leave all my gear by the lake over night,and when i go back in the morning it will still be there...If i'd of tried that in Manchester when i'd of gone back in the morning somebody would have stolen the gear,the fish & the lake.

I want to agree with the friendship discussion aswell, the few friends i have made are all regular drinkers...Who cant plan an evening without drink being involved...I was guilty of it aswell. Living in this small village there is only 1 shop, 2 pubs, and 1 lake, so as you can imagine the evenings entertainment is limited...Almost everybody meets up in the local of a night.
    But i come here now and this is MY local.. With new FRIENDS.I meet people from all over the world, who are intelligent, honest and brave. Plus it doesnt cost me a fortune, and there is no kareoke...I always think i'm the next pop idol when im drunk.
    I hope everyone is well..You all sound as though you are...Goodnight all....Love Macks:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

CV1 (and Lucky, and Lush and all the other "irregulars" if you don't mind my calling you that!)

Of course you are welcome to pop in and out of Abbsville as you please..... we love the company. And you can vent or lean on us as much as you want. The more the merrier.

I'm sure that Gabby, our Mayor, would even roll out the red (that's Kool-Aid Red) carpet for ya!

Mike
      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Okay I will take on being your official "abbers irregular regular." I am going AF again today which, while not continous days in a row, it will have been four days AF out of the last nine. Baby steps!!!! And listening to you all talk about the many positives you are seeing from not drinking is a real motivator for me to increase those AF days. You all deserve a big congratulations!!!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Well, Good Evening Abbers,
          Yep, you got it Mike. Red carpet indeed! (gotta be red to cover up the koolaide stains).

Lush, your officially, official then! I'm glad you see positive stuff from our board and will plan on ya hangin around for a while. Plenty of room for you. Congrats on being AF as much as ya can. We all seem to need to work on it each and every day. In fact tonite I was more tempted then I have been in many days. ALMOST ordered a beer. But right there at the end...I thought about my almost 100 days and blurted out ice water instead. Made up on the calories with a few more potato skins but still have my 91 days. So its forever on our minds.

Lucky same goes for you. One of the cool things here in absville is the real estate is so cheap. In fact....its FREE! And no regulations on the color of houses. Ya just need to keep things looking nice. And City Council gives all the cities money away to US. For silly things like bein the first one to post and stuff like that. Its an amazing place. So glad your train is stoppin ya off here. We are waiting for your arrival!

And Mike....I'd like to introduce you to CV. She has been around for a while. She is our amazing whiz on research. Anything ya wanna know that ya haven't found yourself, she's your gal! She has been a part of abs for a while just gone from time to time. I think its on like professor seminars or something like that. Anyway...she is full of info and info. You'll see what I mean.

Hi cv....good to see ya! Good luck with your boyfriend...or x....I don't know which. Either way....good luck. You know we're here if ya need to scream!

And Mackers! You are always so full of.....well....not sure what but its somethin good. Glad you got some fishin time in and a nap. I do hope your stuff is still there in the am.

Fsophiah, Way great job on 3 weeks of abs!!!!! What? and you did it without our help? Wow! Big huggles to you from us all! Please dont stay away so long this time!

Well....gettin heavy eyes. Gotta turn in so I can beat you all up in the am. Love ya gabby
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Well as expected today was a "Monday" in spite of being Tuesday. And along with that came wanting to drink. Not a craving, really -- just the feeling that there was something I *should* be doing tonight after work. So I came home & took a nap instead. Thanks to topa, I can take a nap almost any time.....

CV, glad to meet you, and it's good to know we have a researcher on board!

Gabby I hope you don't beat us up too badly in the morning! Please? :no: We'll be good, we promise!

Mike
            "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

By the way Gabby, congratulations on choosing water instead of beer -- and making it to day 92!

Mike

Comment

Tuesday, September 5th

Mike, I wouldnt do that! I'm nice.
                And the water tasted good. But the beer was veerrrryyy tempting tonite. Its like your going along so well and from outta nowhere your tempted. Scary! Good night all. gabbs
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                X