Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday

hey Susan

I'm the loser. I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO PLACE A PICTURE BY NAME! Can you help a poor girl out?

Comment

Thursday

Now I can finally get on again--again.
      Oh Susan, I agree with lush so much. You're all that I have read so far but I cant go futher without sayin to you look how far you have come!!!! Ya...its good to focus on the tasks ahead and what needs to be done but, stop and feel pleased about what you have accomplished.
      We all hear ya...the change seems so slow. And even slower at other times to the point of grueling. Then ya add in the slips and falls ya take backwards. But....the good news is that we are right where we are supposed to be. And right where we need to be.
      And you my dear Susan...have come so far. Big Smiles to you. : ) gabby
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday

Well...at least that one worked. I have to go now again tho.
        Sola, hang in there. Hope everyone else is ok too. Feels like we had a world outage or something.
        Bambs....you sounded funny too. Hope it was just tellin Susan what to tell her boss.
        No one is a loser....ok...maybe we're all f***k*d up....but no ones a loser! Got it!!! gabbs
        I have to go do something so dont have fun with out me.
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday

Yes I felt so lost this morning without MWO -- it was like my umbilical cord had been cut! Glad to see we are back online again!

I'm still at work but will check in with you guys later.
          "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Thursday

Hey Sola, Go top left of screen and click User CP....Then you get a control panel on the left of your screen...Then click edit avatar....and Bobs your uncle and fannys your aunt.

Too late for me to do a big post today...i really needed this place tonight aswell....i didnt drink but it would have been easier if i could have come here....
            Susan...your a rock round here....anything but a f*!k up......
            Just try and ride it out....Nobody can kill you and this time next week this week will have been forgoten about...Take care Susan we all think the world of you:l ....Love Macks
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thursday

OK.............I HAVE A NEW ADDICTION...........MWO BOARD!

BEEN BUSY ALL DAY BUT STOPED IN TO CHECK IN.......... OH MY!!!!!!! E-MAIL TREE A GREAT IDEA......

NANCY & BELLE:l
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Thursday

You people are so wonderful! What a crazy day of posts! Looks like there was a mini crisis here in Absville.
                I am home, tired and missing my daughter. She has officially flown from the home nest. My second bird to fly the nest. This mama bird is going to go to bed and shed a few big tears - happy and sad.
                We had a great talk this morning about alcohol and she said that she realized that most of her friends had made their biggest mistakes when they were drinking - std's - pregnancies - drinking and driving (herself included). She said she had learned alot this summer - I told her I had learned alot too.
                You gotta love it!
                Blessings to you all and good night.
                Jenn

Comment

Thursday

Jenn it's great to hear about your talk you had with your daughter. She's lucky to have a mom like you!

Well I've made it through Day 7 but only by the skin of my teeth. I'd say yesterday and today were the hardest days for me yet. Today was NONSTOP at work from the minute I got there until the minute I left... it was like I couldn't even catch my breath. And that was after my morning routine of reading posts here was -- well, unavailable. So I was a grouch-pot all day. And on the way home I actually stopped and bought a bottle of vodka. My mood was such that I was thinking "screw it I am going to have a drink."

Luckily, I took a few minutes when I got home to think about it. I knew that one or two drinks would just leave me unsatisfied -- and that if I drank what I really wanted (the whole bottle) I'd be ashamed and sick tomorrow. Besides, I've committed to abs at least for this month, so I didn't want to throw in the towel. So I took the cap off the bottle and poured it down the sink. I said to the vodka as it was going down the drain: "You're not having your way with me tonight."

So I'm still tired from work, still a bit grumpy, but I've eaten dinner and I'm happy that I chose not to drink. I'm a bit alarmed by how easily I stopped and purchased the bottle, but also pleased that I was able to stop myself before taking the drink. Maybe that's the topa kicking in, or the hypno, or just the re-training I'm doing in general by reading and posting here. Wherever it came from, I wouldn't have been able to do that a few weeks ago. I would have poured a drink before I even took my jacket off.

What a weird day for all of us, huh?

Hopefully tomorrow won't be a Freaky Friday.

Take care, all, and hope to see you bright and early in the AM.
                  "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Thursday

Thursday

Hi all,

I am posting SO late tonight. Could not access site this am. I drank last night and tonight as well. Something about leaving for work at 6:15 AM and getting home at 9:15 in the PM is just too tiring this week. I drank last night and felt ill today, but had only a large glass (ONE) tonight. Also took my melatonin, because I feel that the not being able to sleep thing really contributes to the excesss wine.

Anyway, I am still here and kicking.

Susan, I used to do the same shit that you are describing. I also had "phone" paralysis and would not make phone calls until I absolutely had to make them. So, I stressed myself out totally until I HAD to do it, then would feel bad about doing that. This must be related to anxiety .... When I get myself out of this mode, I feel so much better. Hoping that you know how wonderful you are and that you make such huge contributions to the lives you touch - anyone would be happy to get a call from you! You are not a freaking bill collector for goodness' sake!

Happy Friday to all,
                    Pansy

Comment

Working...
                    X