X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 8th Sept

Day 5

HI all,
    Skipped yesterday entirely because Sophie started school and was so busy last night getting her ready for today (and myself mentally ready because it was going to be her first time on the bus), that after she actually got on today, I finished crying and went out and got air and did errands the site was back up. I missed nada!

I am so glad to have her home and all went well. I am feeling Friday night triggers though but will fight through them. I am so sorry you guys had a hard time without the site, what a strange coinikidink, I am on every fraking day like 1,000 times, so glad I missed it, I would have been really upset too.

Bambs you must be Bambi the Builder, sorry about the two glasses but don't feel like you start from day 1 like AA too much pressure! PLus you were the first one on the site today so you get extra brownie points for that.
    Mack your son is gorgeous. Period.
    Sola I love your avatar too and hope you relax this weekend
    Kathy I'll see you on chat later if it freakin works
    Gabbs- You're still the mayor but Bambs gave you a run for your money today:H
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Being a law unto yourself can be a good thing, too, Bambs, if you work it right! I just sent you a private message, so I hope you can at least retrieve them!! I hope you can get new glasses soon--having a bum pair is the biggest pain in the butt!!!

Luv,
      Kathy

Thanks for the quilting buddy! That's me all over! LOL

Hi Patty, you and I were posting at the same time. I'm glad you missed all the hoopla over here, but sorry that you were having to go through your personal drama/trauma of the "first day of school" with the attendant tears and all! Six of one, half dozen of the other, huh??? Hopefully chat will be working later.
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Hiya all again, last one i promise then i'm going bed.
        Soz Bub was i a bit blunt then? i didnt mean it to come out that way....I'm really glad you got rid of the rest though.
        Next time your getting cravings you'll be calling me all the names under the sun.......
        I had some glasses aswell until the baby got them....Your gonna have to do a Jack Duckworth ....or just tape them to your head OR lie on your back and type ORRR.....just buy new ones.
        Right definatly going bed....
        oh hiya, Happy & Kathy....Your right Kathy Kai does take after me and Lisa. He's got Lisa's blue eyes , blonde hair , cute smile , and my plumbers backside.

Goodnight All........Love Macks
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Hi,

Can anyone jump into absville at anytime?
          Space

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Sure Spacie

Jump onto The Abstrain at anytime. You are always :welcome:

XXXXXXX
            ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Hi Spacie,

Why not. I started in the middle of August. Welcome!

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

:welcome: Space! It's always the right time for Absville!

And :thanks: , everyone for being so encouraging yesterday when I was in my bit of a funk...of course, I immediately took the site problems in a personal, self-pitying way....woe is me, now I can't get any help...boo-hoo :upset: .... And then for the brief moments that I COULD get on I saw lovely words of support and dear private messages that I couldn't even respond to because, of course, the SITE WAS DOWN!!

But thank you, thank you, all... Feeling a bit better now, but it really was an eye-opener to see how much we all rely on this site throughout the day, wasn't it!?!

So...I was just watching some true crime thing on TV and there was a story about this psychopath con man who went around seducing and deceiving lonely, unhappy women into marrying him and then he would rip them off--he even killed some of them. Really, really sad....

And then it hit me! Wow, ALCOHOL is JUST like this guy!! It whispers sweet things in our ear just when we are the most vulnerable, when we're feeling lonely or tired or overwhelmed...it gets into our homes and insinuates itself into our lives and promises us that we will feel better, that we'll be able to cope, that we're beautiful, that life will be fun again...

Alcohol promises us the world--but in the end, alcohol is just another con artist looking to rip us off, take everything that's meaningful to us...it leaves us just like those poor, cheated women...without dignity, without self-esteem, without hope...without our lives... Alcohol, the Seducer, the Deceiver, the Destroyer....

Whoa!! I've totally creeped myself out!! Good thing, though, because I'm NEVER letting that B*ST*RD into my home again!
                :h
                susan
                "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Thinking of you Susan

Hey Susan,

I thought about you all day. I hope your feeling better. I felt pretty crappy myself yesterday. Even had a dream last night about drinking Gin and tonics. Susan, I've only been around for a short time. What if not all are you following in the MWO program?

Regards,
                  Sola

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Sujul,
                    Your post hit me straight to the heart. Trying to eliminate these bastards from my life. Unfortunately, my new employer may be one of these..along with the wine. A long story...anyways...still have the stable day job. Grateful 4 that! Hard to filter out healthy people/jobs..etc...whe just trying to cope day by day! Day 11! So happy we are back on. Went thru withdrawals this am. Missed my friends here! Didn't accomplish a whole lot. Went to my annual employee physical, then met my new boss to discuss my contract......PISSED me off royally!!!! Left a couple msg for the bastard MD...male chovenist pig...cheapscape...creep! I have never seen that side...he has been luring me all along. Feel tempted to tear up crappy contract and pursue better job with more $$. I am normally the most loyal employee...never left a job under 3 yrs.....but his contract p'od me! Very condescending! Dealing with head issues right now...am I being unreasonable??? Bla, bla, bla! Get to finally see all 3 of my boys play their 1st soccer games tomorrow. Decided to skip f'ing conference this new boss wanted me to attend. He won't attend because he "worked all last weekend"...whaaaa!...he comes in and rounds on pt's for less than 1 hr....I was there 13 hrs each day...at the bedside, catering to every whim my pt desired. Maybe I need to not work for an MD...haven't met many I admire! Well, a few, but mostly pediatricians. They are loyal and love their job. Never hear them complain! Sorry..this is prob a rant. Hope all is peaceful in the rest of absville! Gina

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

often these hard times happen on the board at full moon time... (personal observation).. it passes.. just like the cycle of the moon.... you just need to give it the time to pass.

it does... (pass)
                      hang in there people.
                      crikey.. its a journey isnt it
                      brigid

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Well, One things for sure I have learned my lesson and I will NEVER write anther post again on here first. (sorry RJ) I have been doin my posts in email cuz its small and I follow along everyone elses post, or do part of it and come back, use spell check, or what ever. But for unknown reasons I havent been consistant about it. Last night I did a good one and once again today and damm if it never showed up. So never again will I not do it on e-mail first.
                        Wow, now I feel so behind. Dont know where to start. well....let me think.

Ok....the prizes! Nancy and Bambs.
                        Well, I think we all should continue to build our City of Absville. We got a lotta people movin in ya know. So.....Dont ya all think we need a General Store? I thought you'd agree. So...I want to....along with the city....GIVE for yesterdays early bird prize, to Nancy that cute piece of property on the corner of 1st St. It can be Nancy and Bells General Store and Nancy and Belle can sell all the things she cans and bottles including the grape and blueberry juice. And right next to you is gonna be Bamb's the Builder's Boutique. And the two can work your business and build the town up as well. Of course a small percentage of your profits will have to be givin back to the city but we can work out those details later. Very small. Congrat's to both of you. : )

I share the same feelin too Bambs. I really missed you all yesterday. It was really aweful cuz I knew when the kids get home I lose my spot on the computer. Sometimes I think I was checking obsessively.
                        I'm sorry you had the wine. But I'm sorta not too. The fact that you didn't like it is great. And I DO think its the topa. I swear Bambs, it started workin on me right away. So now you know it isnt as good. Maybe next time you think you want it you wont bother wastin your money.

Mackers, oh he is such a cutie. Your so lucky that your babies are still so cute. I say that to my big babies. I tell them when we see a cute baby....see, look at that baby. You used to be cute like that! lol When they grow up, they are still cute but they are hard then. You love them so much....and they can make you so proud. But they can make you have a broken heart too. And they can make you wanna knock em in the noggin.
                        So squeeze em up while they let you. I understand ya feelin a bit urgeful. (I made that word up) But the kids will do that to ya. Glad the stores closed on ya.

Mike, I'm glad there is something there for ya to do when you have the urgeful's. I'm way in favor of the e-mail tree incase of the site shutdown so we can be there for support in cases like that. How should we do that? I guess we could just all pm it to everyone?
                        Anyway, you have been doin so good. Keep goin...you can do it. When I get cravings I tell myself I wont like it if I have it. Cuz of the topa. So just keep on goin. : )
                        Sola, I do hope you have a peaceful weekend at the beach. Wish I could come. Glad your feelin a smige better.

Bambs, I have the cry days too.

Oh Kath, I like that font and color so much better. I can see it better. Anxious for the guys answer on what do they do when they have had it. Not a cry day I bet. So what is it?
                        Come on....spill.

Yes, Mayor is hard your right. My biggest hurdle is fightin for computer time with my teens. They see me here on MWO. They say it's like their raunchy place called my space. We argue about it. That place is icky. Here is wonderful. They know that here is my alcoholic website tho. Actually I think deep down they think its kinda cool that I come here. They know I'm kinda groupy like this. I went to divorce group and they got a kick out of that one.

Anyway, I'm not tired of this tho. Just with the interuption kinda messed it up. I think when it might have been working I couldn't get on the computer thanks to my little darlins.
                        Ya couldn't do mayor for an extended time tho with out pay. Like you said....like a full time job. Fun tho. Oh boy....ya gotta keep usin that font and color. Love it.

Mac, good advice to bubs.
                        Ya, Bambs, it wont let me send a private message either. And good girl on the tippin down the sink. : )

Happy, glad the first week of school is behind you now. I hope you enjoy your weekend. And try hard not to give in on a drink.

Spacie, get a house and settle in. We would love to have ya. : )

Susan, Back to your old self...so nice to hear. I had the best post for this am. My thoughts were about you in it. Oh well.
                        Gina....You Go Girl! No need to say more!
                        Hi Brigid., ya snuck in there when I was writin. Love seein ya. : )
                        gotta go, tired gabby with smiles.
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday 8th Sept

Hey, all!

I've been pretty much a hit and run here in Absville this week...I have been so darned busy with my family and business. Also, when I have had the luxury of a free moment and logged in... the MWO site has had its' "technical issues"!!!

Life marches on. Tomorrow I will drive to Chicago with my youngest (son - just 15) to spend the weekend with my oldest (daughter - almost 23). Hubby left tonight after work to spend the weekend with his older brother and his family.

Hope you are all doing well. It has been a busy and fast moving week here. Hope to play some catch up with you all next week.

Blessings and prayers to all

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                          X