Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Sept. 19th.........

Back to Drawing Board

Slipped this weekend pretty badly- drank a bottle of wine both nights - back on the abs train....
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

I'll be Mayor next weekend. The following weekend is out, but I can .do a stint for a week as Mayor from the 24th thru the 30th.

I can see the gleam in my sister's eye--she's getting ready to put me to work----oh nooooooooo!!!! I hope she'll let me come up for air today! Well, tennis will be on at 4 pm. I'll get a chance to sign in then, LOL!!! At any rate, we'll get a lot accomplished today! At any rate, ultimately, THAT IS A GOOOOOOD THING!

Happy Anniversary, Bambs and Lee!

Keep the chin up Camper, even if you're not happy with yourself right now!

Mike, you're going to be okay--you did right by coming right back!!

To everyone else, lots of love!

Catch you later!

Hugs,

Kathy
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Mornin all,

Slept in a smidge this mornin. When its cool it feels good.

Ok...right to the points.

Pansy....come back, its Sunday now!

Happy Anniversary Bambs and Lee!!!
        (ok now listen to this cheery sentiment. I'll do my best, comin off a 20+ year marriage with kids....darling ones tho)
        gmmmgmmmmgmmmm.
        (that was a throat clear)

Liz and Lee...How cool for your 2 years together. Hope ya had a great time on your date and didn't drink to much. I really do wish you happiness with each other forever if you want it.

(do you guys think American Greetings will hire me?)

I hope your okay Lou Lou... Bambs I sure hope they help her at the place you referred her to. I agree in that its just a matter of medication to start with.
        Lou, Lou...you have such a lovable spirit....its so easy to see here on the boards. I'm so glad you have opened up with us here. I know something can help you.
        First of all you have US here in Absville!!!!! I mean how can ya go wrong from there? But better than that Lou you have it in yourself. You have seen how strong you are. We're the witness's. So that other cute....maybe ornery little tricks playin girl inside ya that needs to be put on timeout cant fool ya. Cuz WE know. You got it in ya girl to be who ya wanna be. So I am anxious to have the doc's....ones that understand get ya on the right track.
        And you can teach the little lou lou that when she wants to play she has ta go by the rules or its time out time again. Cuz you're the boss!

So back to the mayor stuff...

Mirror Mirror on the Screen
        Who's the smartest of the town
        To figure out a calander so we wont frown
        And Sign up for mayor shift duty?

(are ya sure American Greetings wont hire me?)

Maybe that would work. A sign up schedule. (RJ might be able to do it--she probably isn't very busy right now) That way that person could have planing time for it. And one person wont have the load of it for long periods of time. Just a calender where we could put our name and everyone knows who is gonna start that days post or if we don't have anyone.
        I'll sign up for M-Th through mid Oct. Then its gonna get harder for me cuz I work a ton till the end of the year. But weekends will always be harder for me due to working more and kids up later on the computer. I am last on the list to be on and then they practically stand over my shoulder for 5 minutes and then I'm back kicked off. Easier not to even bother.
        -size: 13px;">Ok....so what's everyone think?

Happy and Mike.....oops on the slip. Just change shoes and see if that helps.

Gina, I have 3 boys too. Now when they get older they start getting a little more picky on clothes. And that soccer and other sports will more than make up for it on the money tree on the costs for clothes and makeup we aren't spendin. uugghhh I am so glad for my three boys. Would trade for anything.

Mack....how many kids for you again? Your just in plain trouble. Glad you like your Tack Shop. Can I have the vacume back now. If you don't like it......well, I do.

CV...Glad things are better with your daughter. Same with me....kids = trigger. Kids and Men......but not goin there. So why the heck did I even bring it up. Bye to that subject. Anyway...hope ya have a good end of the weekend. Maybe you can start to enjoy your cleanzzzze.

Kathy...I agree with Mack, you know everything. Hope your having a good visit with your sis. Now I do wish I had one of those....A sister. And ya...that's my favorite font. I'm where I cant see with or without my glasses.

Mojo....Welcome to Absville. What do ya think so far?

Ok...now it Sunday. So no more drinkin anybody! Eat some food, drink water, water, water. Take a nap. (ya...we know thats what Mike and Happy are gonna do no matter what. And Bambs and Lee...fooph! So why am I even sayin any of this? bla bla bla)
        Anyway....love all you guys and I miss the others...irregularly regular, fsophiah, wellseasoned, dieann, abouttime, lorik, and so many more. Where did they go?

Gotta get ready for work. Talk to ya all later. Gabby
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Sunday, September 10

Happy almost afternoon absville,

Yeah, like I was really gonna get up at 5. Slept right through alarm - at least not because I got trashed last night! At least that is one good thing. Guess that means more work tomorrow, since the evenings still consist of hospital duty.

It has been so nice to see everyone support Lou. I am off the board during the week for the most part and missed your postings Lou. So glad that Bambino is there, like down the street there, for you. For some reason, you folks in the UK really have problems with getting in to the right doctors. I've seen it happen again and again. So, Lou, I am hoping that you find someone helpful when you go. Kathy is totally an expert on this stuff, so I am glad that she is here to give you some info. I am also glad that you are coming here and getting support. Sometimes people disappear just when they need support most - I am glad that you are coming and using the board for your gain. Good luck, Lou. I'll be thinking of you.

Gee, now I've forgotten most of the folks I wanted to reply to. Should have taken down notes.

Mike (NOT Mack) and Camper - I am glad that you are just getting back on the train. I slipped last week too, but I am looking at my overall percentage of alchohol free days. Certainly, my percentage will be a lot higher this month than last. Perhaps I will need to work up to a full month again. All I know is that I am way ahead of where I was a year ago and that is very encouraging. After each slip, I just get back on the train. This coming week I will be too busy to drink during the week, which is good. I should also be working all of next weekend (note the SHOULD), so I am really grateful for that. Keeping busy is the best thing for me.

Gina and Kathy - it is so nice to pop in here and see your posts. I am hoping that your weeks go well. Truly, I am having chat withdrawal because I cannot check in with everyone and see how you are all doing. Hope the job situation is working itself out, Gina. Kathy, I am assuming that you are just as busy as always!

To whomever is the mayor this week - nancy and belle? Gabby? Thanks for taking up the task. You guys are putting a lot into this. Sometimes I feel so bad when I pop in and leave just a two line note, but for accountability I feel that I need to at least pop in and do that.

Have a good week all - and I hope the board stays up for us this week!

Pansy

Comment

After reading your last post there, Gabby, I'll say it again: you just crack me up! :H

And thanks, everyone, for the encouraging words. Things don't seem quite so bleak as they did yesterday. It's amazing what a little time, some good food, and sleep will do for the body even after you mistreat it so badly. Also, after 7 days alcohol free, and then one day drinking -- it's amazing to think that my body could ever handle that on a regular basis. Yikes.

Nancy you asked if thinking about AA was part of what triggered the slip. I don't think so. I actually saw the AA meeting as a 'safe haven' -- at least when I thought of it Friday morning. My theory on the slip is this: last week was a very busy week at work. In fact it was the busiest week of the year in my line of work (I work in student services for a university and it was the first week of the fall semester). Each day last week got more and more busy, and on Friday, the scene in my building looked like a train station in Tokyo or Calcutta. It was a madhouse. By the time I left work I felt like my head was spinning. So that was happening at a time when I was trying to adjust to living without alcohol -- and then there were 2 days in a row when the MWO website was basically unavailable. Yes it was back up by Friday but the outages of Wednesday and Thursday contributed to my instability on Friday, I think. Anyway, my point is that I let my old behavior take over when I stopped on the way home and bought the vodka (without too much of an internal struggle, I must say). It was kind of like being on 'automatic pilot.' Even though I had planned to go to an AA meeting, and even though I knew I was blowing my month of abstinence, I just went through the motions of buying the vodka like a zombie. And then, of course, the rest is history.

I really think it's just a matter of being majorly stressed out, without having developed adequate ways of dealing with the stress. Exercise would be a good start. Hmm. I think I read something about that in RJ's book.

So like someone said earlier, today is a brand new day and I'm going to make something good out of it. And yes, most likely, I will nap.

Hang in there Lou Lou, I hope you are doing OK. Happy anniversary to Liz and Lee, and a happy Sunday to all of you.
            "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

lol....dont worry mack....we know it was mikey boy and not you. Glad you came back pansy. and glad you got some sleep too. I actually snuck a snooze in too. have a good sunday guys.
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Lee and Me thank you all for your lovely Happy Anniversary wishes X.

We had a lovely gut busting meal - proper English roast dinner where the guy carves the meat and you can have as much as your like , then help yourself to the roasties and veg, and Yorkshire puds - The Works - a proper mountainous plate. I had a small salad starter because I knew I was going to 'GO FOR IT' on my main course. And had huge ice cream sundae. Feel SOOOO FAT now - ready to POP !

Had a teeny-tiny measure of wine with lemode in a tall glass - tasted of just lemonade actually, but just knowing that there was wine in made me feel like a civilised person, having a civilised meal, with one civilised drink... It's mad that your brain is satisfied, just by the knowledge that there is alcohol in the glass. Felt rather proud because had diet coke after that. Lee had a beer when I had my wine, but then had coke too - isn't he an angel.

we rolled ourselves to the car then flopped on the sofa and bin reading the papers.
                We are going to watch a nice snuggly film tonight and have an early nite!

speak to you all later.

Liz
                xxxxxx
                ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Hey all,
                  I too slipped last night after doing great for a few days. I was proud of myself because on Fri night we visited friends who are great wine drinkers. I have never been in their house without drinking at least 3 glasses of wine. However I hung tough and sat all night with an opened bottle of expensive chardonnay next to me and did not touch it. A true first for me!!!
                  I was so excited last night at the prospect of sitting home alone and chatting here. My family is always lurking behind me (my kids don't go back to school til Wed)and it is very difficult to chat with family members at your back possibly reading. They don't get the idea that I might want some privacy. I got my tea and tried to sign on and realized one of my sons had pulled out the internet cord and used it somewhere else.I looked and looked and couldn't find the damn cord so .....I was cut off from MYO......with a whole Sat night looming ahead of me....Needless to say the tea was replaced by a wine glass and I am back online today feeling optimistic for the week ahead.
                  Busy boards this week and I'll go back and re-read all posts. I'm thinking of you Lou as you sound so scared. I hope Tues appt goes well for you. There is help out there but I know sometimes it's hard to find. I(and everyone else here) is rooting for you to get better.
                  Everyone else, enjoy your sunday
                  Janet

Comment

What a great photo

I just went through the posts yesterday and saw Kai's picture. Mack he's gorgeous in his superman outfit. I miss having kids that age!!! As they grow older you still love them to death ........You just don't always LIKE them.

Comment

Hi all! It is your friendly irregular regular checking in. Mike, I went through the exact same thing Friday night and, like you, I blamed it on MWO being non accessible for so long. I said in another post that I hate to sound codependent, because I am not that kind of person AT ALL, but not being able to come here somehow gave me a warped sense of permission to drink; as if none of you would find out if we were not in touch. I laugh about it now but I was not laughing Saturday morning. You sound determined to get right back on the wagon and I wish you the best. I also told my husband about my little drinking problem and so now I feel even more accountable so hopefully this will be a good week for me too. Everyone else still sounds like they are doing well. GREAT JOB!!!!! And Camper, don't beat yourself up. You have done tons of abs time from what it sounds like so keep focusing on that. Let's all think positive this week!!! We can do it...........
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I think it is interesting that there were several slip while the site was down. Hummmmm.

What do you think Kathy? Are we all now codependant?
                        I had a small kind of panic attack myself....where did that come from?

Ok...everybody back up on this wagon. The horses are ready to get this ride around Absville going!

Happy anniversary Bambs and Lee:h

Lou.......I feel help is on the way......hang on!:l

Gonna go take a nap.....zzzzzzz

Nancy & Bell
                        Kathy........I promise I'll take a turn after the wedding.
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Hey there, Absville!

This is a totally me-centered post--but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking of everyone and sending hugs 'n kisses across cyber-space! :l

My good news is that I have FINALLY got going on this project I have been procrastinating on for weeks and weeks and weeks.... As some of you may know, I am helping to coordinate this huge interfaith service for the UN...I was supposed to be the contact person for all these religious leaders (Baha'i, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Zoroastrian, Jain, Shinto, etc., etc.) and keep calling them to make sure we're on schedule and that everyone knows what they're supposed to do next week.... The only problem is that I haven't done it!! It's been a vicious cycle of not being able to make the calls (phone phobia) and then feeling completely so depressed that I didn't make the calls that then I REALLY can't make the calls.....eeeeekkkkk!! :upset:

BUT....today I'm suddenly into it....
                          I don't know WHY I spring to life five minutes before something is supposed to happen but it's been a life-long pattern.... It's fine most of the time (just a bit nerve-wracking!), but for something like this--that requires weeks of planning--not so good!

Anyway, I'm trying to get as much done as possible--calling all over the place, leaving messages, sending out email announcements, etc., etc....my greatest fear is that no one will show up!! Omg, I feel totally faint just thinking about it....

Okay, gotta go....it'll all be over on Tuesday and then I can start to procrastinate and obsess about something else! Okay, thanks for bearing with me on this....in the past I would have turned to...well, you know what!!
                          :h
                          susan
                          "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

NOT CO-DEPENDENT!

Naw! We're not co-dependent, just DEPENDENT!!!:H Co-dependent is if we found someone like us to try to save! We have come to depend on MWO to help us, though, and it is very upsetting when it isn't there for us. Hopefully, with the new server, we won't have this problem. :crossed:

Many of us have become somewhat "addicted" to MWO, and it is a healthy addiction, compared to the alcohol. Overtime, many of us won't need to post quite as often but will still remain involved. Some may just move on. But for those of us who are early in abstinence or moderation, this is like a life line. It can feel pretty scary if it isn't there.

Anyway, back to the salt mines!! My house sure is getting clean!

Love,
                            Kathy
                            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Hiya all,
                              Good to see almost everybody here today...I think Absville should abolish weekends ( Gabby & Nancy get on it ) They are just too hard...Really they are no different from any other day....Its weird.
                              Had a great day out with Cloe, we went shopping but the little girl in her overpowered the young lady...And instead of clothes and shoes we came back with toys.....The longer she stays like that the better.....Saying that on the way home in the car she asked me if she could get the top of her ear peirced soon.......I said ofcourse she can......When shes 27.
                              Okay, well done to everybody slip or no slip, the point is everyone is here and still trying ...and thats all you can do...We could all slope off and go back to drinking how we were, but we dont. We stick it out and keep trying..We're chosing the more difficult path but the one with the most reward at the end........Goodnight all.....Love Macks

P.S. caught another dozen fish this evening......The man just gets better........
                              I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                              One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

I just love you guys!! Woke up from my Sunday afternoon snooze, checked out what was going on in Abbsville, and got a fresh dose of encouragement from all the posts. This may be a tough road sometimes, but it's made easier by the friendship and comeraderie on here.

And I agree with you, Nancy and Kathy, about our dependence on the website. Yes, I'm taking my meds and supplements. I'm doing the hypno cd's. I'm exercising (a little -- this needs more attention). I'm reading things that I think will help me. But for the last couple of weeks at least, a big part of my day has been checking the boards, reading and posting in the morning with my coffee and again in the evening. To have that disrupted for two whole days, at a time when I wasn't feeling particularly strong -- well it felt like the rug had been pulled out from under me. I also agree that it's a healthy dependence, at least while we are getting our bearings and while we are growing stronger in our program whether that be abs or mods. And hey, an hour spent on here posting can mean the difference between drinking and not drinking.

And I think you're right, Macks. The important thing, whether we've slipped up or not, is that we're all still here and working toward our goals. We're not giving up and we're not giving in. That's what I did in the past when I had a slip -- I'd feel embarrassed, or like I had failed, so I'd just disappear and go back to my own little world. Not this time. I want this to work.

So Lush, Camper, Pansy, and the rest: let's just strap on our seat belts and hang on for a wild ride! Take care, everyone.
                                "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Working...
                                X